1998 Nissan Frontier

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Perfect little truck

by Truck Buyer from Sedro-woolley, Wa. | May 8, 2014

I had a great time driving this truck. Also my buying experience at Dwayne Lanes North Cascade Ford from Shane Steward and the whole sales team made it very comfortable and exciting.

Good Dependable truck.

by Working Man from NY | September 18, 2011

I bought this truck with 130,000 milles on it. Mines a regular cab with a standard tranny. Had no problems at all. Only changed oil, radiator fluid and power stearing fluid since. All recomended servics.

Awesome little truck

by Fischman from Georgia | March 21, 2010

Bought this truck new in 1998, 4 cyl, 5 speed, ext. cab, just turned 331K miles, original clutch went to 280K, new timming chain at 300K, still running strong and getting 23mpg.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned (I'm not kidding)

by Nissan Rocks from Austin, TX | July 10, 2008

I bought the vehicle five years ago when it had 68000 miles. Now it has 167000 and I haven't had any problems. So far I change the factory battery, oil changes, and spark plugs. That's it! Great truck.

My Fabulous Frontier - 4 X 4 XE 4 cyl. model

by Car Critic from York, PA | July 3, 2008

My wife and I have owned this vehicle for about two years now, and we've been very impressed with it overall. It has run beautifully, has hauled some very heavy loads for us, has been VERY low maintenance, and has gotten much better gas mileage (up to 27 MPG highway) than the published numbers suggest. The only drawbacks we have found are the following: 1. The seats need to be readjusted every time someone gets into the jumpseats in the back. 2. The AC needed to be recharged, which is normal for any ten year old car. 3. With the larger tires, this truck does not corner well (which is to be expected considering it's a truck). 4. The thick front pillars of the cab area where the door frame meets the cab create significant blind spots. (Be sure nothing is behind them before pulling out)! Other than those few things, our truck has been a wonderful addition to our automotive family!

Good Family Truck

by Steve and Kelley from San Diego, Ca | October 14, 2006

Worked well with two young kids. Great safety features and is reliable. Low maintenance cost is a plus. Thanks Nissan

Strong and Reliable

by Brett from Denver, Colorado | October 14, 2006

Used as a work truck and still runs good. I am usually pretty tough on my pickups, after all thats why I buy them. It has held up great!

Truck looks new and its 8 years old!!

by Shifter from Phoenix, Arizona | October 14, 2006

Nissan holds a great resale value. I have not had any major repairs done to my truck. Oil change, tune up , belts, tires etc... But I have 98,000 miles. My last nissan pickup had 225,000 miles on it when I traded it in, and I was still using it everyday. Looking forward to trying the full size truck, this was a little crowded/close between driver and passenger. Overall 2nd best truck I've ever owned 4 1/2 stars for me.

Featured Services for this Nissan Frontier