2000 Nissan Frontier

Available in 11 styles:  2000 Nissan Frontier 4x2 Crew Cab 116.1" WB shown

Overall

Going on 292,000 miles

by Plumjerk from Northern California | August 21, 2014

What a great truck. I bought it new in 1999 and have driven it almost 300,000 miles. It tows my boat and gets me to work every day. It ranks at the top of vehicles that I have owned. Very reliable, stylish and useful. I have 2 other cars now, but I can not bring myself to part with this old friend.

Best vehicle I'll ever own.

by All Nissan Owner from Nashville | December 31, 2013

2000 Frontier SE 4x4 Crew Cab 14 years. 200k. Never failed to do what I needed. Towed total weight (incl loaded truck) of 10,000 lbs through the Appalachians, no problem. In 14 years, never put me afoot. Not once. This truck is all weather, all terrain, all the time. Recently went from daily driver to weekend warrior (got an AWD Nissan Juke. What a blast to drive!). Realistic mileage is 17mpg. You won't find a more dependable truck.

THIS TRUCK IS GREAT

by BIG YELLOW from | September 22, 2011

just recently got rid of my truck and hated to.i've had this truck since dec.1999. i promised myself a new vechicle when i reached the 200,000 mile mark. when nissan built this truck they didn't want anyone to get another. everything is great about this truck nothing bad to say.

Nissan Frontier Crew cab, WOW!

by pickup nut from Conncord, NH | March 16, 2011

I purchased a 2000 frontier crew cab in northern CA in the fall of 1999. I have driven this truck everyday for the last 11 and 1/2 years. I drove this truck back and forth accross the USA from New Hampshire to California many tiimes and from New Hampshire to Florida on a few occassions. It is undoubtedly by far the best investment in a vehicle I have ever made. I am still the proud owner with 277,050 miles and running like a top. At the time of purchase, I complained about the $17,350.00 price tag, funny huh? Test drive one, you'll be bitten and will succumb to it's handling, economy, and excellent performance. For Real!!!

cauiton on "This" Nissan

by car shopper of auburn from s. paris | March 15, 2011

i test drove this exact vehicle about a week ago and the check engine light came while on the drive. i opened the hood once back at the dealer to a large smell of burning antifreeze. a smell that i know all to well from previous vehicles. if you go to look at it make sure you get this one looked at by an outside mechanic before making any offer! hopefully this helped!

Good Value

by DallasFrontier from Dallas | January 14, 2011

I'm on my second 2000 year model Frontier (both 5 speed manual tranny's) and both have over 100k miles. The first truck was totalled after an accident. The motor on these trucks is bullet proof - very solid and good performance with good mileage for a 4 cylinder. I had to replace the front shocks on both trucks around 100k miles. Otherwise, this truck is a great value. I would upgrade to a newer model, but I don't like the new interior upholstry on the 2005 and newer models.

Best vehicle I ever owned.

by Lancer from Albuquerque, NM | October 8, 2010

I've enjoyed the Nissan Frontier; it's dependable, never has had any major problems. I'm buying a newer one, so I'm selling this one. The only down side has been the power and gas mileage.

107,500+Miles and still strong

by Rafi2801 from Philadelphia, PA | September 30, 2008

this has been a great truck, it was a new purchase. I have replaced the front brakes 2 times and the rear once. I had to replace one a/c hose and have replaced the tires twice. The total repairs have run just under $600.00 not bad for what is now an 8 year old truck. The interior and exterior have held up very well. I plan on keeping this truck for many more years my mpg has been about 19. I have also used it to pull a trailer and it has handled well. I will be replacing the timing belt as recommended soon. My truck is a 2000 4x4 crew cab 6cyl automatic xe. this is my 5th vehicle and the best.

Awesome,Fun, Relaible, Friend!

by Skinny from Raleigh, NC | March 7, 2008

This truck is my best friend! Rain,snow, heat, long trips, short trips! It does it all with heart and soul! no breakdowns or trouble issues with mine!

Extremely Reliable

by 59Caddy from Atchison, KS | September 7, 2006

2000 model purchased new 11/2000 with 4cyl, 2WD, 5 speed, loaded. Currently has over 255,000 miles, only repair other than two sets of front brakes, one battery, third set of tires, has been an oxygen sensor ($180). Total exhaust system, rear brakes original, but will replace brakes shortly. Have attained over 30mpg on interstate at 65-70mph many times, but normally avg 26-28.5 mpg. Truck is a daily commute vehicle, 90 miles round trip, always starts on cold KS mornings, excellent A/C, good ride on highway. Could use more horsepower, but overall, very satisfied with vehicle. Paint (red) is still excellent shape, no fading, no rust, but do keep it clean and I wax vehicle 4-6 times a years. Not the best looker if style is important, but the dependability and quality shines well beyond many of those 'lookers'.

Featured Services for this Nissan Frontier