2002 Nissan Frontier

Available in 23 styles:  2002 Nissan Frontier 4x4 King Cab 116.1" WB shown

Overall

A headache on wheels

by Kris from Illinois | July 8, 2014

This truck seems to be highly reviewed, but ours has been nothing but trouble. Maybe the problem is that ours lacks 4WD. The truck now has over 150k miles and we've kept it running, but with no small cost for repairs. In just the past year or two we fixed a leaky rear main seal, we replaced a fuel pump, and we've replaced the oddly sized and expensive tires. The A/C doesn't work when its hot out. There's no cruise control. There's no way to adjust the steering column. It barely makes it up large hills. It's also stranded us several times in small snow drifts, though partly due to driver error (don't tell my wife that). Owning an older vehicle means shelling out to fix things that break, but these fixes have been costly and frequent.

The most amazing truck

by TurboRaceGas from South Florida | May 29, 2013

KA24DE4 cyl. 2.4l engine with manual transmission... enough said. The best truck in the world, no need to look further

Great truck in great demand

by Truckman from East Dublin, GA. | August 18, 2012

Looked around for about 2 months or more hunting this specific truck. I was looking for an extended cab or club cab Nissan or Toyota, 4 wheel drive with working A/C for a decent price. I finally found it and drove 5 hours for a test drive. The only thing wrong with it was the cruise control didn't work. I bought the truck, drove it home and love it. The wait for the Nissan Frontier was well worth it.

Love this Truck!

by Auctionut from S.E. Iowa | April 23, 2012

I recently purchased a 2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab off of Cars.com & have been very impressed with the smooth ride for a 4 WD. This truck handles great & even a female friend commented on how smooth the ride was. The only possible way I could fault it is that I just wish it got a little better gas mileage.

Great Truck

by Changed Man from | April 14, 2011

I have always been a chevy fan, but I bought one and went import and man it is extremely nice, its like a S-10 with a little more perfect vehicle for a single guy or girl looking for a first or just drive around vehicle.

the most truck for my money

by Truck monger from Surprise, Arizona | December 21, 2010

This (2002 Nissan Frontier) has several features that are desirable and needed. These features include 5 speed manual transmission, 3.3L V6 engine, side step feature, x-tra cab, rear slide window, interior space compartments, tachometer gauge, mud flaps on all four wheels, a robust body frame, 4 wheel ABS brakes, and dual airbags.

one tough truck

by little mike from BLUE RIDGE, GA. | January 28, 2010

I OWN A 2002 FRONTIER S/E 4 DOOR LONG BED. PERFECT FOR CARRYING MY MOTORCYCLE OR ANYTHING ELSE. HAVE 120,000 MILES AND HAVE NEVER HAD TO DO ANY MAINTENACE OTHER THAN CHANGE BATTERY AND TIRES! DIDNT LIKE LOOKS OF IT AT FIRST BUT IT GREW ON ME! I PLAN TO BUY ANOTHER ONE WHEN THIS ONE DIES BUT IT SEEMS TO KEEP GOING WITH NO PROBLEMS! I LIKE THIS TRUCK ALOT AS IT IS SO DEPENDABLE AND TOUGH!

What a great truck

by Tamas2Evil from | March 4, 2009

One of the best vehicles we ever owned. Had an accident in it and it got totalled or we may never have gotten rid of it. The only real problem or maybe pet peeve was the flares. Because they were not attached to the body of the truck small stones would find their way in.

Uses car for Off-roading

Reliable, Tough Truck!

by Frontier Fan from Keller, TX | July 31, 2008

2002 Nissan Frontier XE King Cab I-4 5-Speed Manual I've had this truck for, what, six months now? I've always been in love with this model, and when I turned 16 and got this truck, I've fallen in love with it and dedicated it my truck for the future. It gets pretty average MPG, at least for a truck. About 22 MPG highway, maybe 15 MPG on the road. The truck has been near-perfect so far. The truck shifts smoothly, and the clutch is easy to push in. The truck purrs at low gears and roars at high RPMs. The tank is quite small, which gets quite frustrating. However, the truck now, at 90,000+ miles, still sounds as good as my father's brand new Ram. I have noticed it is quite hard to navigate inside the hood, changing the headlamps was quite a challenger; especially with the headlamps being right on top of the battery. Inside, the interior is very tough and truck-ish for a compact truck. The traditional Nissan Cockpit style speedometer looks great, and the tough dashboard looks fantastic. The back is absolutely fantastic and is perfectly made so you can throw some nice speakers in the back. My favorite part is the extremely long bed-perfect for towing and loading. The truck has an amazing exterior, tough and outrageously rough. It looks like it's going to beat you up even if it's smaller. The gap guards are fairly flimsy, however.

My favorite vehicle

by Camping Chick from Los Angeles, CA | February 25, 2007

Wow! What a vehicle. I have the standard V4 with the standard bed. About the only thing I could wish for would be auto windows, mirrors, and door locks. With 76000 miles on it, I've had no problems and have only had to perform wear-and-tear maintenance. Much better vehicle than the old hard body truck that preceded this model.

Featured Services for this Nissan Frontier