2003 Nissan Frontier

Available in 23 styles:  2003 Nissan Frontier 4x4 King Cab 116.1" WB shown

Overall

Good Truck

by 719Frontier719 from Colorado Springs, CO | February 25, 2011

I purchased my Frontier used with 62,000 miles on it in 2008. I have the crew cab se model and I love the truck very much, but I'll try to be subjective in my review. It is pretty comfortable for the driver and front passenger, but hauling passengers is sometimes difficult. The rear seats do not have much leg room and it is often necessary to move the front seats pretty far up when passengers are in the back. The model I purchased is not supercharged, and lets me know that every time I have to merge on the freeway or go up a hill. I live in the foothills and going up steep hills makes the engine rev quite high--and kills gas mileage! But once you get it up to cruising speed, it seems to do well. For being a rear wheel drive 2x4, it does surprisingly well in the snow with the proper tires. I have been very impressed with this quality. The exterior styling is basically why I purchased the truck-It gives a rugged look and the combination of the fender flares, roof rack and tailgate design are very easy on the eyes. The interior is like that of a typical base model vehicle. It has audio controls on the steering wheel which is very handy, but I replaced the stereo with a touch screen screen which serves me and my passengers well. The controls are easy to manipulate and are simple which is good. It has a temperature guage and digital compas as well. As of overall value, I gave it a four just because it sometimes doesn't meet all of my needs, but this will certainly vary by location. In a place with less hills, and not excessive snow, I would rate it higher. This truck has never let me down or had any mechanical component fail. I drive it daily and nothing has failed on me minus a battery. Since I have owned it, all that has been needed is new pads and rotors and an idler arm and oil changes. Very low cost of maintenance.

best of the 03 mid-size trucks

by BrettLMT from Fort Lauderdale, FL | September 6, 2009

I looked at all the '03 mid-size crew cab pick-ups before purchasing my fully loaded, super charged V6, crew cab, long bed Frontier. It had the best available power other than the gas guzzling, un-reliable Dodge Dakota V8. It also cost a few thousand less than a comparably equipped Toyota Tacoma. I use it for my daily commute and have used it as a work pony many times hauling furniture, lumber, tile, plants, etc. In 6 years the only problems were the original equipment tires were junk so I installed different tires, and the bearings in the super-charger went out. Nissan covered the supercharger under the warranty and fixed it in less than a day. No other problems. Gas mileage is OK

Second Nissan Truck

by Truck Owner from Goodyear | May 17, 2009

This was my second Nissan Pickup. I have owned 2 for the past 21 years. The first lasted 15 years and had over 115k and I sold for a good price. Economic Times is forcing me to sell my second after only 6 years ownership. Always have been a good work truck.

bumper on truck is rusting

by Bill from massachusettes | April 7, 2008

The bumper on my Nissan started to rust after only being two year old. After four years the rust is all over the bumper. This must have been caused when being manufactured. Called Nissan to fix because it was still within the five year rust warranty. I spoke with the northeast regional supervisor for claims and she basically told me to bad. Not covered. There has to be a hole in the bumper for it to be covered.

Hate to let it go

by Glenn from Newport News, VA | August 27, 2006

I had never owned an import before . I traded in my Dodge Dakota for the Frontier 3 years ago and had planned on keeping this truck for a long time. But divorce forced me to restructure a lot of my finances, forcing to me to give it up as much as I want to keep it. It is very comfortable to drive and all the controls are within easy reach. The cruise and sudio controls on the steering wheel really make it a dream to drive. It's never given me a minute of trouble. It drives great and looks even better.