2014 Nissan Frontier

Available in 18 styles:  Nissan Frontier 2014 shown

Overall

Transmission failure

by Ed from El Cajon, CA | October 29, 2015

I bought my 2014 Nissan Frontier new. 1 year later. Going down the freeway smelled the clutch hadn't used the clutch in five minutes. Transmission starts slipping and No gears. Not covered under any of the warranties the clutch flywheel pressure plate throw out bearing all replaced 1689.99 later get truck back. In less than 1000 miles I can already feel the clutch is wearing. Now I have a rattle heat shield or something. Fourth gear now grinds and we wont even talk about the dent on the passenger side door I got from the dealership during repairs. Now back in the shop to find out what the real problem is. Yesterday I saw another 2014 Frontier coasting into gas station. No transmission same story his had 27000 miles on it. Mine had 32000. Service director on test drive thanked me for knowing how to drive a clutch. 30 years of doing it I have it down.

Former Ranger owner

by Truck Guy from Bethlehem, Pa | October 18, 2015

I currently have a 2015 Frontier 4x4 V-6 SV king cab with the value truck package. It is a great truck, rides very solid, has plenty of power. It is a great value for the price, (aprox $5,000 less than a comp equipped Tacoma, 4 wheel disc brakes, Tacoma has old rear drum brakes.

Frontier King Cab SV 2.5 4cyl. Automatic 4x2

by White Guy Blue Collar from Kansas City | October 10, 2015

Have had this truck for about a year and a half now and have about 20K miles on it so I decided I would post a follow up review. Anyway, bought it brand new. I commute to work with it everyday and also use it for general purpose home owner type hauling. I use it to haul home improvement and landscape materials, furniture, etc. This little truck has been very dependable so far. No issues or returns to the dealership for repairs at all. No annoying squeaks or rattles. Just seems to be a very well built product all around. Actually got around fairly well in the snow last winter considering its only 4x2. The electronic traction control helps a lot. I like that the heater warms up pretty quick on a cold day. The 2.5L 4 cylinder isn't too exciting as far as performance goes but its dependable, quiet, and it gets the job done. I am generally driving 80% highway 20% city and have gotten as good as 25 mpg with it but normally get 23-24. Mileage drops to 21-22 during the really cold winter months. Overall just really satisfied with this little truck. The Frontier just seemed like a much better value compared to other new trucks I looked at. If I needed another truck I would buy another Frontier without hesitation. I just don't see how you can go wrong with a Frontier.

My dad bought a brand new frontier

by frontier from phoenix,az | October 30, 2014

I really like my new nissan frontier. Everybody was really nice to us raul garcia took care of us. I would highly recommend anybody to come and buy a nissan.

First Mid-sized and Happy

by RacrFanNY from Upstate NY | October 15, 2014

I’ve always owned full size Chevy or Dodge p/ups. Now that kids are moved on it was time to downsize. I needed to still have the pulling power to haul a trailer and car, as well as 4wd (not AWD) capabilities. Looked at the Honda (no locking 4wd over certian speeds) and Toyota (less towing, HP and MPG) and settled for the Nissan. I'm very happy with my choice. Recently towed a Boxter hour and half and couldn't have been happier. The truck towed without hesitation. The power was more than adequate and the ride was great. I hear complaints of fuel mileage but coming from a full size I'm used to it. Currently averaging 17 around town but reached 24 on my last highway trip to Charlotte. My biggest complaint is the transmission is tuned (for mpg) to shift too quickly at around 40 mph. The tranny in that speed and rpm range shifts up and down constantly. I’ve kind of learned how to control throttle and RPM's to limit this but can be annoying when driving over hills in that speed range. This was not a problem while towing as I locked out the overdrive. If my wife drove manual I would have opted for the 6 speed. Ride is stiff but yet compliant. 4wd works great. Very smooth in its engagement and driving feel. Overall I'm really happy with my 2014 Frontier.

Frontier King Cab SV 2.5L 4cyl automatic

by White Guy Blue Collar from Kansas City | August 23, 2014

I bought this truck new and have driven it about 4 thousand miles so far. No problems. No issues. Very satisfied with this truck. Fit and finish is outstanding especially for a vehicle in this price range. Interior is comfortable and all of the controls are very easy to use. Great visibility and a firm but not rough ride just like a truck should be. The 2.5L 4 cylinder engine works just fine for me since I am mostly commuting to work and doing light hauling. If you are hauling heavy loads or doing serious towing you will need to get the V6 engine. 5 speed automatic transmission shifts very smoothly. My driving is roughly 80% highway and 20% city. I am consitantly getting 23-24 MPG which is right in line with what the sticker says it should get. The SV package with the 4cyl engine is the best truck value I could find and I shopped all of the other brands too.

This truck blows me away - that's a good thing!

by Just Dave from Atkins, VA | August 10, 2014

Not quite 1000 miles yet but I just love this truck. Everything that I need. Got the SV crew cab, 4x4, 6 cyl, towing pkg, xm radio, running boards. Everything you could ask for. Getting 17 mpg around town (sometimes with a trailer behind), got 17.9 last tank with a little more expressway time. This thing is very responsive, roomy and comfortable. My partner has a Toyota 4 runner and this truck drives and rides just as nice. I will post an update when I roll over 250,000 miles. Keep smiling!

Finally, switched from Ford to Nissan

by FIRST TIME NISSAN BUYER!! from Womelsdorf, PA | August 3, 2014

Been driving Fords for years. Finally bought a slightly used Nissan Frontier with 55 miles on it. Couldn't be happier:) my salesman, Terry Dinger, is the best in Berks County.. No pressure, very knowledgable , got the vehicle I wanted and the deal I wanted. My family and friends will hear how great Eisenhauer Nissan in Wernersville , PA Really is!! Best car buying experience I've had EVER!!!

Just bought a new Frontier crew cab

by Bluesman from Escondido CA | July 26, 2014

Nice truck, Looks good and lots of people ask about it. Mine has the 4.0 L V6 automatic. Gets up to speed real well. No problem with power. Room for 5 adults. Plenty of head room and well appointed. The folks at Nissan treated me like a human and the service was great so far. Only have 290 miles on it so far so I cant comment on the fuel mileage.Get back at you.

Still Under 1,500 Miles Traveled

by Desperado from Ferndale, WA | July 18, 2014

Got everything that I was looking for in a small pickup at a good price: 4wd, good gas mileage, crew cab, spray on bed liner, A/C, 6500# tow package, lots of tie down points, good storage, blue tooth, steering wheel controls, etc. The only two minor disappointments that I have is that the headlights are not automatic (although the dash lights are) and there is not a lumbar support - you would think that in 2014 that both of these would be standard equipment.