2013 Nissan Juke
Starting MSRP $18,990–$25,990
Nissan's five-seat Juke small crossover is about 20 inches shorter than the Rogue, the previous smallest crossover in the automaker's lineup, but it packs a more powerful engine and a sophisticated available all-wheel-drive system that together give the Juke a decidedly sporty bearing. Competitors include the Kia Soul and Mini Clubman.
Offered in S, SV and SL trim levels, the Juke is also available with a number of upscale features such as push-button start and a navigation system with real-time traffic information.
(Skip to details on the: Juke NISMO)
New for 2013
A new Midnight Edition gives the Juke unique black 17-inch wheels, rear spoiler and side mirrors. Juke SL models get an improved Rockford Fosgate audio system standard while SV models equipped with the navigation package now get backup cameras.
Nissan isn't afraid to take risks with vehicle styling. The Quest minivan and Cube small car are two recent examples, and the Juke follows in that tradition. From the stacked front lights, a grille that goes the width of the vehicle and muscular fender flares, the Juke's styling is out there, but in a good way.
Even though the Juke is much shorter than the Rogue, its wheelbase is only about 6 inches less, which gives the Juke short front and rear overhangs that enhance its stance. Exterior features include:
- 17-inch aluminum wheels
- Body-colored side mirrors
- Hidden rear door handles
- Available fog lamps
- Available power tilt/sliding moonroof
- Optional rear spoiler
The crossover's cabin styling is more traditional than its exterior, but it does have its share of unique design elements. They include a painted center console that is styled to look like a sport bike's gas tank, according to Nissan. The driver faces a three-spoke steering wheel and an instrument panel dominated by a large tachometer and speedometer. The Juke has a 60/40-split folding backseat that lets you dedicate more space for cargo when you need to. Interior features include:
- Standard CD stereo with steering-wheel controls and iPod connectivity
- Available premium Rockford Fosgate audio
- Standard Bluetooth connectivity
- Available automatic air conditioning
- Available leather upholstery
- Available heated front seats
- Available backup camera
- Available push-button start
- Available moonroof
- Available navigation system with a 5-inch touch-screen
Under the Hood
Power comes from a turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder with direct injection and is rated at 188 horsepower and 177 pounds-feet of torque. A continuously variable automatic transmission is standard, and a six-speed manual is available, though the manual is offered only on front-wheel-drive SV and SL trims. Mechanical features include:
- Available Integrated Control system, which tailors the response of the gas pedal, CVT and steering based on three selectable modes: normal, Sport and Eco
- Available performance-oriented all-wheel-drive system can evenly split engine torque between the front and rear wheels and also transfer torque between the rear wheels
- All-wheel-drive models get a multilink rear suspension in place of the front-drive models' torsion-beam design
Standard safety features include:
- Antilock brakes
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags for both rows
- Electronic stability system
- Active head restraints for the front seats
Nissan's high-performance NISMO division modifies the Juke compact SUV for the first time, adding a race-inspired exterior along with suspension, steering and interior add-ons geared toward a sportier driving experience. Like the non-NISMO Juke, NISMO models are available in front- and all-wheel drive as well as with a six-speed manual or CVT automatic transmission.
More than 100 modifications make up what's changed on the Juke NISMO, including LED-enhanced fog lights, smoked headlights, red pinstriping, matching red side mirrors, restyled front and rear bumpers and 18-inch wheels. While power isn't massively improved — there's an additional 9 horsepower (up to 197 hp) — Nissan says the suspension is completely revised with a lower stance. The Juke's electric power-assisted steering is also tweaked for more direct handling response, and the automatic transmission's tuning is set for a sporty driving experience.
Inside, the Juke NISMO gains aggressively bolstered suede seats with red stitching, a steering wheel partially covered in Alcantara simulated suede and a darkened interior theme with many features having a smoked look. Back to top
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Nissan Juke
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.