1990 Nissan Maxima

Information Coming Soon

Overall

She's a keeper!

by I love my MAXI,MA from Minnesota | February 14, 2009

The car was passed down to me at about 141,000 miles with one with a little tiny bit of rust and a window in the rear that would not roll down. It had been sitting for a year when I got it. I've had it about a year and a half or so and I love it. It's very comfortable, the suspension is good and the seats aren't stiff like newer cars. I have noticed a bit of peeling on the bumper, it looks like Nissan painted it and you can see the original black color of the bumper in some places, of course this is minor. I have not had any major problems, there was a leak in the brake line that was fixed. It's been very reliable. The turning radius is not as tight as I would want it, of course this is also minor. She was top of the line in her day and well made! It's funny if you look around, there are quite a few of this model still chuggin' away out there. She now has 153,000 and is going strong!! If she ever breaks down, Id be tempted to get another Maxima from the 1990-1994 period.

...And the Car Just Keeps on Going!

by Max Lover from Irvine, CA | February 12, 2009

I bought my 1990 Nissan Maxima used with 45,000 miles on it while living in Connecticut back in 1996. I use to take weekend trips back and forth between CT and Maryland and what a joy it was to drive. In 2000 I moved to Riverside, CA and had to do the “L.A. Commuter Shuffle” as it’s known affectionately into Los Angeles on a daily basis which was 56 miles each way! I finally had to replace my transmission and my thermostat at 110,500 miles and the car just keeps running great! At 150,250 miles I had to replace the shocks and front power window motor on the driver's side. With regularly scheduled maintenance as recommended for milage (rotating the tires, radiator flush, hoses, plugs, and alternator belts changed), I’m on my 2nd transmission and the engine is still strong with over 265,500 miles. I just replaced the front speakers and put in a new receiver that allows me to play my Ipod. Word of advise, get the oil changed every 3,500 miles and use Penzoil! The stuff works great! Since purchase I’ve only run Premium Grade Gas to keep the filters and injectors running well. I still wash and wax it as if it were brand new & it shows. When I got married in 04’, I bought a used 2001 Maxima and was going to let my brother have my older one, but my wife said she wanted the new one! Now we have two Maxima’s! She has 112,000 miles on it now and there have been no problems at all. My Dad like the car so much that when it came time for him to get a new one, he asked me to do some research and trade in his Buick Park Ave. So, I took him to the Nissan Dealership and we walked out with a brand new 2001 Maxima & he loved it! Like me, he drove that thing until he retired in 2004 with 210,325 miles. He traded it in and took the car the company gave him at retirement and he hated it. So, he went and got another one and is happy in Florida. In short, not only would I recommend the Nissan Maxima to someone, I will buy another one tomorrow if any of the two that I currently have stopped working! There are very few cars as reliable, as fun yet as fast as this car. They don’t call it a 4 door Sports Car for nothing!!!

Excellent vehicle

by prappl from Denver, Co | December 22, 2008

These cars pack an awful lot of power considering the 3L V6 engines. Originally the 3rd generation Maxima came with the same engine as a 300ZX (sans the turbo option). For '92-'94 the SE had an option of a DOHC engine that ended up being slightly refined for '95 to replace the SOHC option on all Nissans, and it has been on Ward's top 10 engines ever since. The Maxima is Nissan's flagship sedan and was designed to compete with luxury brands, and even got a nickname from BMW - the four door sports car (as evidenced by the 4DSC stickers in the rear corner windows). Options like power seats, power side-view mirrors, keyless entry, airbags, front (or full for SE) disk brakes, transmission power/comfort control, automatic climate control, and heads up display were certainly ahead of the curve for 1989. It's even spacious enough to seat four 6'+ adults, though my 6'7" brother does find the driverseat a bit too small (perfect for me at 6'2"!). And with four wheel independent suspension, and an optional viscous limited slip differential, this car loves mountains. I'm ticking away at 200k on one of my Maximas, and 133k on the other, both still running strong and keeping a smile on my face. =D (Not mine in the pictures.)

very reliable

by Car lover from Illinois | February 17, 2008

my dad has had this car for 18 years and it still runs great!! it has been in 2 accidents and repaired and is still the same. It has great acceleration for its year and the engine sounds amazing.This car has never broken down. i love how they put an option of power and comfort, when you switch it to power it gives it more of a boost when you step on the pedal. it is a very comfortible ride. The radio broke but i bought a new reciver for it and still works. the bose speakers in it are amazing but the front two stop working but the back ones still work and they give amazing sound and bass.

baad car

by supper serri from md | December 30, 2006

breaks down very often once one thing goes wronge with it everything else does to ate gas like no other worthless at a trade in put more money into fixing this car to try to get it working than i did on buying a brand new car tell me thats not messed up

Featured Services for this Nissan Maxima