1999 Nissan Maxima

$602–$6,346

22 city / 27 hwy

Overall

BEST CAR OUT ON THE STREET

by BEST THING YOU WILL EVER BUY from New Jersey, Burlington County | May 22, 2011

I have owned my 1999 since new and its the best car i have ever ever owned in my life time. It had 3 miles when i got it and now i have 476362 on it and still runs just like it did back in 99. I take this car back and forth to cali which im doing in 3 days witout any problems. Only thing is replace your timing chain and water pump ever 150000 and you will never have a problem. Plugs every 12k and she will run forever. My father has the same 1 as me wit 780k on it and runs great wit out any issues. If you wanna buy a nice car get the maxima between 1995 to 1999 Stick 5 speed and you will be set for a longggg time.

1999 Maxima maximizes driving enjoyment.

by iowaboy from Scottsdale, AZ | March 11, 2011

I bought this used auto with 36,000 miles. Ride is very comfortable with 6 way power buckets, and safety is good with front anrear seat belts, front and side airbags on all 4 doors. Good handling, instrumetation is easy to use, and we have made several long distance trips in this car that we have enjoyed. Mileage on hwy is about 30 mpg. Solid, depenable, spacious, and comfortable - everything you want in a full size vehicle.

Good Care

by Andre T from East Hartford, CT | February 9, 2011

I had a 1999 Maxima SE which had 224,869 miles on it. The problem was that i bought it from some guy who wasnt taking care of the car. The car runs great for a period of time until one morning i tried to start it but would start. three of the six cylinders were not firing so i had to get rid of it. The conclusion is you have to take great care of these cars because they are very sensative; they could also bring you the extra "miles." "mine did."

Strong Car

by Smart Driver from Little Rock, AR | February 8, 2009

I've had my Maxima for 7 years and it has been an excellent vehicle. I bought my Maxima used with 86,000 miles on it. It now has 168,000 miles on it and still runs like it is brand new. The engine is strong, the transmission shifts smoothly and the suspension soft. I have the GLE model with leather seats, sunroof, and Bose soundsystem. This IS a luxury car. It does feel a bit heavy when you have to brake ubruptly or corner sharply. All in all I plan on driving this car for another 100,000 miles.

..."A Japanese B.M.W..."

by ..."Boomer',..an australian in Ohio... from North east Ohio... | January 13, 2008

My 1999 Maxima is a replacement for an older one that got T-boned by a full sized four wheel drive pick-up truck just behind the drivers door. I was impressed by the structural integrity in the crash so there was no question of another Maxima being its replacement.I believe I'm alive because of the structural integrity.The only quibles which are minor is this Maxima has a solid beam rear axle instead of a full independent rear end like the older model. This means the back end on the 1999 model can "step out" during cornering on poor surfaced roads.While a 190 horsepower 3 liter engine is modest compared to current engines the car is no slouch. It will run hard with the best of them if needed yet if driven in a sensible manner will return decent fuel economy numbers.Like most Japanese cars they are well designed and manufactured with quality. Ownership maintenance costs are lower than domestic vehicles and value wise they beat European imports.Maximas are a good balance of exterior size, interior room, comfort, performance, handling, and braking.I think of Maximas as Japanese B.M.W's,...it's hard not to make such a comparison.

Most Reliable Car I ever Owned

by Love Cars from Chicago | January 17, 2007

I love this car, had it for couple of years and never had any issue what so ever. Whenever took for Oil changes, even mechanics use to praise the car, which happens rather rarely.

Reliable + Comfortable Performace

by Max-i-Million from Chicago, IL | January 8, 2007

Very reliable car w/ no major problems after 8 years of use. Comfortable interior w/ large back seat (room for 2 child seats and an adult), and well made materials with available luxury options. Sleek exterior looks and V6 performance that really cooks! Good gas milage and durable engine/trans. Definitely recommended.

This Car Will Run Forever

by Kelly from Framingham, MA | August 17, 2006

I've had my Maxima for over 7 years and put over 110,000 miles on it. The only thing I've ever replaced is the tires. My mechanic says everything looks great and this car will probably run for another 100,000 miles, even here in the northeast! It's an unbelievable car and the only reason I'll ever be excited to see it go is because I'll be buying a new Maxima in it's place.

This is how a car should be made.

by Isom from Penn Valley, PA | July 30, 2006

My Maxima SE has been the best car I have ever had. It has 180k and just refuses to die. I have only had to perform basic maintenance and nothing else ever. What a remarkable auto it has been. If I could buy another I would in a heartbeat. Why can't Ford or GM make something like this? The silky smooth V6 is a pleasure to drive even after 7 years. I will certainly be considering another one when I'm due.

Featured Services for this Nissan Maxima