2000 Nissan Maxima

21 city / 27 hwy

Overall

what a great selection

by odie from Deer park wa | February 11, 2014

Parkway auto center and RV is a great Dealer ship I shopped and found parkway to have the best selection of cars and trucks over 300 to choose from. And they are great folks to do business with.they make buying a car a fun and enjoyable experience. I would strongly recommend them to any one looking to buy a car truck or RV

love it!

by zae, from rochester ny | February 1, 2012

Very reliable , great engine, and I love the way the car handles at a fast speeds . It's my third maxima

Best car I've ever owned.

by The dude from | September 6, 2011

The white Nissan Maxima GLE I have is so great. It's reliable, the speed is there when you need it and it's just overall a good car. I would definitely recommend this car to a 4 person family and anyone looking for a great car for a great value.

Maxima with problems

by Frustrated car owner from Central Kentucky | July 31, 2011

Should have known from the start! Check Engine light on when I first saw it. The ride was, and still is, great. Loved the looks and feel. The dealer kept the car and got the light off after 2 or 3 days. That was the start of my cold weather problems. Every year since then, I have to start the car all winter with one foot on the brake and one on the gas, then put it in gear and keep 2-footin' it until it really warms up. After that, it's fine the rest of the day. Gas has to be premium, so that's a year-long bummer. Pep, ride, looks all great. Jump 5 years. So, I'm totally used to the winter problem. Now starts the summer problem. After driving 5 hours on the highway, the car would suddenly have transmission craziness. It would all of a sudden be rev'ing from it's routine 2500rpm's to 4000rpm's, lose all power (which it usually has loads of!), and when I took my foot off the gas, it would drop to under 1000rpm until I'd put on the gas (ease on) and it would jump to 4000rpm again with a big jerk/lurch. After stopping to cool off, it would be fine. At first it was after 5 hours, then 3 hours, then less than an hour. Now, it starts happening and after letting it sit and cool off, it may only let me drive 10 miles before doing it again. At the end of last summer we put a transmission cooler on it, but this summer it's as bad or worse than ever. Okay, I've taken the car from 55,000mi. to 218,000mi., and generally I love it, but it's so frustrating, it has caused me to quit working as a travel nurse because I can't trust my vehicle. I wonder if my car is the only one with these problems.

BEST ALL ROUND!

by MaximaJunkie from New York | July 22, 2011

The 2000 Maxima SE feels like a spacecraft on steroids! - My car was fully loaded 222hp, can even smoke a bmw. Acceleration is amazing! Comfort - great! Space - outstanding. Styling- Super! - I do have a tasteful body kit though. Con- slightly wider turning radius compared to some other 4d sedans. - Never been an issue unless your trying a 1point u-turn in a narrow alley. Reliability - amazing, done nothing except routine maintenance and this car has never failed on me. If you want BMW performance, spaciousness of a luxury car but half the price!

Nissan Maxima-2000

by Mr K from Bakersfield, Ca | February 28, 2011

I love driving this Maxima, it is smooth, powerful and comfortable. Unfortunately the parts other then the engine and transmission, have been a mainetnance nightmare. I would like to say that as the car got older, it became more troublesome, thats not the case here. During the warrantee period, I had aprox $2,000 to $3,000 dollars worth of repairs, fortunately they were covered. Since the warrantee period has elapsed, another aprox. $11,214.00 worth of repairs. Everything from air conditioning condensor, all windoe motors and regulaters, both electric front seat motors, fan assembly, axle things, air conditioning motor, engine mounts, air/heater assembly etc., you get the idea. I hate to write such a negative picture because truely the car drives like a dream, when it is not in the shop!

Sporty yet Classy car

by Motorguyinchicago from Chicago, Illinois | February 28, 2011

I am a proud new owner of a 2000 Nissan Maxima Gxe it is an automatic. This car is very responsive and sporty i love the handling this car has on any surface and any speed it is definatley a drivers car the wheel is the best feeling wheel ive ever held, the car has lots of power but yet good fuel economy for those like me that want it. it is my first car and it has 215,000 miles on it but there is no way you can tell by driving it because the transmission is so smooth and responsive. The seats are so comfortable and the stereo is more than enought to satisfy the ear. this car is about as close as you can get to a luxury sports car wtihout breaking the bank to much, and you do not have to use premium that is just recommended mine is perfectly fine using regular just make sure it was used in the car its whole life. You cannot go wrong with buying this car it is very reliable and the value for your money is great these will run a long time with the normal maintnance. All's i can say is its a beautiful car gets lots of compliments and it is a beauty to drive i wouldnt trade this car for any other its perfect. Lots of room for kids and friends as well no cramming in this Maxima.

Great Car Overall

by Sports Car Enthusiast from Phoenix, AZ | February 15, 2010

This car is very smooth and handles very well at various speeds. I have to tried to buy a different car but has never been satisfied. Even other top brands are not smooth as this car. My car currently has 123000 miles and I love this car.

Best car EVER!

by MAXiMA GUY; from Laurens,SC | February 12, 2010

I brought my Nissan Maxima SE,brand new.It has 152,000 miles on it,its the best car i've ever owned, i have never had major problems out of it.It has always been dependable to me and my family.Its now 10 years old and still has all it power and eveything.I have drove this car to Missipi,Flordia (4) times, and just everywhere.It was used as a family vehicle which now i have passed on to my son.

Most reliable car ever owned by far!

by Maxima Fan from MA | January 18, 2010

I have had this car since 2003. I used t drive around for my work and used this car as my work car and everyday driver car. It has just passed 300,000 miles and is still running great except for the wear and tear look of a 300,000 mile vehicle. I would recommend this car to anyone it's been great to me for the many years I have driven it!

Featured Services for this Nissan Maxima