2001 Nissan Maxima

Available in 4 styles:  2001 Nissan Maxima 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Got my money out of it

by Meh from connecticut | September 5, 2014

Bought this car in 2005 as a certified pre-owned vehicle. Not a bad car when I purchased it, except for the 'little' things that kept going wrong with it. At first the coil packs went, and it was a known issue with Nissan but would't change them under warranty unless it had failed. Then the countless other things like 4 starters, 3 alternators, 4 rear calipers, every speaker in the car slowly failed as well except for the pillar tweeters and the driver side door speaker. Oh and the rust... every time I see this model year I go and look around the rear wheel wells and admire how it just rusts.. Then finally the exhaust system went (rust) along with the notorious pre-cat that goes which I never decided to fix. The straw that finished my 10 years with this car was the fact you had to never take your foot off the gas as the idle air control valve started to die as well. Never had a car were so many little thing went bad so often.. But hey, got my money out of it, and now from what the dealership told me some guy in south america has a nice rusty crapbox to drive around in.

Most comfortable, safe and reliable car ever

by Linda Lu from Bay Area, CA | February 6, 2014

I'm an auto broker and purchased my '95 Maxima used from the client who originally bought it from me. I sold my '96 Honda Accord so I could buy it. The Accord caused all kinds of back problems for me. I've driven the Maxima on several trips of over 500 in one day and no problems at all. I now have 176,000 mi. on it and know I can get another 100K. Had to replace the alternator this year and the idle switch. Replaced the radiator 3 yrs ago, but all in all, much better than having $400/mo car payments. If this one goes, I'll buy another one. And it still looks great. The paint is extraordinary on these cars.

The best car I have ever owned hands down.

by Awsome car from Cherry Hill, NJ | August 28, 2013

I bought this car due to the looks that I have loved. This is the best car I have ever owned. The car has the performance and reliability like no other vehicle I have ever owned before. I now have 210000 miles and still passes inspection with no problem. I WOULD buy another one as I am looking for another. Look no further if you are shopping for one or gave it any thought. This is the car to buy.

Over all the Best Car I've ever owned

by Nissanman54 from Raleigh, NC | January 13, 2013

Like them so much I have bought 3. Only reason I bought three is people kept running into me...lol. The one I have now has 240,000 miles on it, with only standard maintance. (oil changes, brakes, occasional tune-up). Great cars!

lying dealership

by Reseacher from new york | October 12, 2012

The problem with this used car dealerships is that they lie about what’s actually on their lot and post pictures of used cars that they don’t even have.Will report this to consumers affair.

Previous Owner of the listed car.

by Previous Owner of the Listing from VA | June 23, 2012

I have owned this card and traded in for a new Altima since needed a new car. Runs great and I still miss driving the power it had. Gives a great mileage. Don't look another one...

Love my 2001 Maxima GLE!

by Performance sedan fan. from Fort Worth, TX | June 14, 2011

WONDERFUL car! I bought it used in July, 2003 after literally months & months of research. You may not believe me, but I now have almost 170,000 miles on it, and there is NOT EVEN ONE RATTLE while driving! Its computer chip went out at about 150,000 miles, but I found a good used one online for about $250. And that is the only time it did not fire up and go. It has been extraordinarily reliable. Had to get seat covers for the leather seats, but the Texas sun where I live eats up leather seats on any car. I replaced the driver's seat at about 140,000 miles because two of the power motors in it went out, and it was less expensive to replace the whole seat with a used one from a salvage yard than replace the motors in the original. Factory Bose stereo system w/ subwoofer still is crisp & LOUD w/ no distortion. I get 23-27 mpg depending on the amount of city/highway driving I do, and it still does not burn one drop of oil between changes. Power seats are adjustable every way imaginable, & those front seats are more comfortable than most living room furniture, no kidding. Has pass-through from truck to back seats. This is far and away the best vehicle I have ever owned, and I have been through seven other foreign & domestic cars & trucks before I was lucky enough to find this one. Test drove a Chrysler 300M right before test driving the Maxima, and the American vehicle was a joke, absolute junk, compared to this one. I remember saying to my son at the time, "This car is amazing. You just THINK what you want it to do and it does it." I honestly expect to get 250,000-300,000 miles out of it, and I highly recommend this model year and other Maxima model years without any reservations whatsoever. Just a wonderful, wonderful vehicle!

Lovable car

by luv ur maxima from Dallas, TX | December 13, 2010

This car costs me a bunch. I had to replace ECM, coils, sensors totaling ~ $2000 . Regardless, I love the smooth ride,power, interior design (simple yet pretty). I bought my max when it has at 64k miles and I put another ~75k miles on it.

Over reated car

by Daily commuter from Toronto. Canada | August 13, 2010

The car have power window unit problem and and speedometer / electrical issues. Also, parts are expensive. Some rust issues too. But ride and power is good. Rezwan -Toronto

Would buy it over and over

by Mountain Max from VA | July 22, 2010

This is a marvelous car, mine with 235k and running strong. Had to replace catalytic converter twice, but overall this car has never let me down and never left me on the side of the road. Driving position and comfort can't be any better, and it is fun to drive, with power to drive the way you want. The exterior styling is top-class and timeless. Comfortable back seats and plenty of truck room. This was the perfect car for me.

Featured Services for this Nissan Maxima