2006 Nissan Maxima

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Very nice

by wild bill from | November 5, 2013

I bought this car used and it is excellent. It had 115000 miles on it and still rides and handles like a ne car.

Transmission

by DionS from Ft Lauderdale, FL | March 15, 2012

In May 2011, I had to buy a new car. I looked at several but always knew I wanted a Maxima. So went out and searched for several and found one I absolutely loved. Paid $13K for used 2006 with 70K miles - worked fine until 2 weeks after driving off the lot, then I had to fix the radiator, $300, new rear brakes etc...$250, then, are you ready.....the engine mounts - $1100....then back in Dec 11, started having problems where the engine was slipping - yes, transmission problems at just 80K....cost to repair $3000. Have I fixed it yet? Absolutely not. Spent too much money on this used car and still making car payments. Hoping to sell it off in a month; don't care if I have to pay more for a new car, at least I will be in a new car - car still drives fine most days because I only live and work 3 miles apart and I don't drive like a maniac. I'm very disappointed with Nissan.

Best purchase for the money

by Jman from Chicago, IL | November 8, 2011

My friends cannot believe the deal I got on this car. They are green with envy. It is a great vehicle which I hope will serve me for many years.

So far, Great car!

by JLW from Minneapolis, MN | October 20, 2011

Excellent buy, would recommend to anyone. Very comfortable and stylish. I receive a lot of compliments on the car, from men and women. Roomy and classy.

GREAT DESIGN

by GOLFNUT from ARIZONA | July 6, 2011

I DON,T KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE ACCIDENTLY LOCKED THE DRIVER SIDE DOOR BY PUSHING IT TO LOCK WHEN OPENING THE DOOR,BAD POSITION ON DOOR HANDLE.TOO MUCH ROAD NOISE FOR NISSANS FLAGSHIP CAR.NEEDED NEW TRANSMISSION AT 80K.NEW AC AT 87K,REPAIRS ARE COSTLY.

Maxima 2006= Great Car

by Rott20 from Chicago IL | February 23, 2011

I bought my Nissan Maxima SE back in 2006 and have had it ever since. I have over 70K miles on it, and it runs like it is new. I did upgrade the air filter to a cold air induction system and bought a "Bully Dog" chip programmer that both increased HP to about 300, but gave me fuel economy to 30+ in the city and almost 40+ on the highway. Not bad for a 300+hp car! I have had little wrong with the car. The brakes wore out a little ealier than normal, and the standard Goodyear SE tires are garbage, but replace those, and you have one of the fastest, most economical, sport sedan around.

Too many problems with this car!!

by Maxed out from Philly | November 17, 2010

Transmission and anti-lock brakes are major issues with this car. Very dangerous and should be recalled.

Performance Orientated Luxury Car

by Radman from Livonia, Mi | June 15, 2010

I have owned this vehicle for just around 100K. The only maintenance issues are air bag failures $3K repair out of warantee. I have also known other Maxima's to suffer from antilock brake problems, another $3K repair. Cost of replaceing the sparkplugs at 100k was $550. A great vehicle to purchase new, but an ageing Maxima may prove to be a tad bit expensive to maintain. Fuel requirements are premium which will run an additional 20 cents a gallon.

Very nice car

by COOL from | June 8, 2010

this car handles surprisingly well. great acceleration and braking, little bit of road noise but that was because of the continental tire, switch to michelin and this car is equivalent to BMW 3 series in term of handling

Nice car but to stiff on rough roads.

by robbii from | September 14, 2009

I bought a 2006 in yonkers where the roads are smooth. When i got to nyc I could noy belive my dream car handled so poorly on bumps. The car lifts off the ground and throws you around. The sound system is very good. The interia is cool. I would buy the Acura TSX if i had to do it over again.

Featured Services for this Nissan Maxima