2011 Nissan Maxima

See Photos & Videos

Overall

95, 99, 2003, and 2011 Maxima Owner

by Sugarbear, Maryville, TN from Business owner, Maryville, TN | April 19, 2014

I am driving my 4th Maxima. They are a great car. I have had no problems with any of the 4 models I have owned. They are great cars.

Worst dealership ever

by CarBuyer from NY NY | February 19, 2014

I went to purchase a car and the workers there are sharks they have so many hidden fees!!!! Don't trust the web price and don't waste your time going to this dealershiper their scammers!!!

Very beautiful & totally reliable!

by teena B. from brooklyn ny | January 23, 2014

this is my 2nd Maxima! love love love it sporty ride stylish and affordable all in 1 cant ask for more! my friends with BMW'S AND MERCEDES are like wow great car! so I'd totally recommend to someone else!!! and my kids think its cool also!

third Maxima and the last

by lijahlee from california | November 2, 2013

I am disappointed in this car. It has had lots of mechanical problems. In the first 6 months of ownership it died on me 3 times, leaving me stranded. Had to have it towed to dealership who told me it was fine, only to re-occur. Finally, after insisting they change out the battery or I would not pick it up again, they complied. It's been fine now for a year. Altimas and Maximas have problems with the batteries in the new cars. Nissan knows and refuses to fix the problem. Engine is ridiculously loud. I resent having to use premium gas. this is my 3rd Maxima and last. I've had it for 2 years. I loved the other two. they just smacked of quality. This one is clunky. Inattention to detail is now obvious, compared to previous models made in Japan. I had trusted Nissan products for 20 years. They have lost my business.

Got my dream car

by Wesley from Midland, tx | September 3, 2013

I have always driven sedans, like a 1998 Honda accord and 2008 Nissan maxima. While living in Lafayette, LA, the new gen body style maxima was very popular. I fell in love with the new design and I knew it was the car I wanted. I recently bought a 2011 Nissan maxima sv, and I love it. Obviously a beautifully designed car, but has a lot of power for a sedan. This is the type of car that would be going for more if it had the Infiniti logo on the front. I've taken this car on a couple road trips already, and avg between 23-25 miles per gallon, which is not bad considering you have nearly 300 HP under the hood. My only complaint is that the leather seats hurt my butt, but that's a first world problem. I also got a great deal on this car financing through Nissan.

I Drive In Style

by carebear from | July 19, 2013

Well I get so many complements on my Maxima It is not even funny. I love her or him not sure which one yet, drives like a dream it may not be like a Bentley or huge rr but it gets me to where I need to go at an awesome way so yall can keep those fancy dancy cars u don't drive keep in the driveway and kiss my grits.

Worth the wait

by Nissan Loyalist from Rochester, NY | February 27, 2013

I have wanted a Maxima for 20 years, but was always a few thousand short of being able to afford it. Finally I got a used 2011 Maxima that I could afford with 19K miles on it. I got the base model, as I am not really a fan of leather seats or on-board navigation. So far, I love everything about this car. The ride is great, handling is good, everything is well designer, and the exterior is a stunner with the Ocean Grey color. I'm not crazy about premium gas, but it's not that much of a problem. It remains to be seen how it will handle in the snow (probably great if I gete some snow tires) but this is one sweet ride! This is my 4th Nissan (2 Altimas, and a Pulsar hatchback) and by far, the best one I have owned.

2011 Maxima SV w/Premium Pkg

by Johnny1 from Dallas, TX | October 9, 2012

Paying almost $30k for a Nissan gave me pause at first, but considering the reliability, styling, outstanding performance, luxurious feel and ambiance, the price is a bargain. Yes I could have purchased the prestigious but unreliable BMW 5 series, Audi or Mercedes and I would have gotten the same features but paid much more. Totally unacceptable to me. Plus people don't snob you while driving the Max like they do BMW's and Mercs. (It's the 'oh you think you're better because you drive a BMW or Merc???") Accelleration is outstanding in sport mode as long as you use Premium gas. 87 octane is the minimum allowed (contrary to what others have said) but you'll notice decreased power. The Bose system is outstanding, as expected. Sometimes I head to the garage to listen to my favorite tunes. So far I've found the best seat to be the right rear seat where the passenger gets a beautiful view of the driver's ergonomic instrument cluster, dash, and vibrant acoustics of the BOSE system. The panoramic roof adds to the ambiance of the rear passengers. From every angle the exterior is simply beautiful. Who ever designed this auto did an excellent job. I actually think they copied the BMW as I find the performance to be similar to the 5 Series, especially the steering which is very precise. The car is a total joy to drive and I find myself looking for reasons to run errands. Hopefully the Maxima will continue to uphold the Nissan brands reliable reputation. This car is a true winner!

Maxima Maxims

by The Cheese flows nice from Gurnee, IL | June 4, 2012

I bought a 2011 Nissan Maxima SV a few months ago. It had 10,000 miles on it or so and is totally loaded. It's got the navigation and leather seats. Cruise, dual sunroof - however the rear one does not open. It's got a rear spoiler and heated/cooled front drivers seat. The front passenger seat is heated also but not cooled. So far so good - the performance of the engine is so much better than my prior car which was a 2004 Honda Accord 4 banger. I love the acceleration off the line and the handling - it has 18" wheels whereas my Accord's were 16 I think. I drive about 58 miles a day to and from work and love the comfort, options, audio system, heated/cooled seats etc. etc. I really could do without the push button start - it seems a bit gimmicky to me but it is not a deal killer. Mileage has been 25 or so per gallon and when I drive aggressively I can tell at the pump. I had a little Honda Civic looking car that was totally modified to the gills blow my doors off at one point off the line and was surprised. When you put this car in the "Sport" mode it is tough to beat but you can tell it is heavy and that makes the 290 horse engine work a bit harder at times. Overall I am very happy with the purchase so far and would recommend this car to friends.

I like it, but I don't love it

by MadMax2011 from Gainesville, GA | March 18, 2012

Pros - The exterior is very striking. Definitely gets its share of double takes. I have the Crimson Black paint which I love, and it comes with burgundy stitching on the supple leather seats (very luxurious).The interior is spacious. The CVT transmission is FUN, but you need to keep at minimum MidGrade gasoline to enjoy the pep. One of my favorite features is the Bose system, it definitely stands apart from other stock stereos. There is an MP3 jack in the dash and two power outlets for your entertainment and charging purposes. It does have a cd changer, but I don't really know anyone that listens to CD's anymore (see my comment on the lack of Bluetooth Audio). Cons- I am not thrilled with the options that came on my SV. It does not have Bluetooth Audio or heated/cooled seats. I didn't realize that the SV was so baseline! It is a stock car with Bose stereo, leather, and sunroof.... don't expect anything else. I traded a fully loaded American made car that I paid half as much as I did for my Maxima, and in the end I was disappointed. I would've shopped around more had I realized the egregious amount of money I would've had to spend for a comparable Maxima. The gas mileage is not the worst I've ever seen, but it can definitely burn gas on par with some SUVs in my normal city/highway driving. The gas mileage is considerably better for strict highway driving, I averaged 32 mpg on an interstate roadtrip. City driving or driving on winding steep roads is draining, I can expect 18 mpg with my normal day to day driving in the north Georgia foothills. In conclusion, it is a sporty and fun sedan. Very youthful but classy at the same time. For the money it would take to acquire the bells and whistles I will probably shop other brands next time. I don't think it lives up to its hefty price tag.