2011 Nissan Maxima

19 city / 26 hwy

Overall

2011 Nissan Maxima

by Greg from St. Louis | October 22, 2014

Purchased a Nissan Maxima I am very pleased with the comfort, looks and performance of the Nissan Maxima. My car was equipment with a rear camera and iphone compatibility. The Nissan Maxima does recommend premium gasoline, which I did not know. The car has a lot of power (290 HP) which I like even though gas is more expensive. Overall the Nissam Maxima is a high performance car and is a good value.

Great Car, Some Flaws

by AG from Brooklyn, NY | June 26, 2014

I have 2011 Maxima SV, currently at 21K miles. I traded in a 2004 Infiniti G35 coupe to get this car, and while the infiniti was much more a performance oriented car which I was able to whip around with speed and agility, the maxima feel like an excellent upgrade in terms of comfort and features. This Maxima definitely feels luxurious on the inside, the leather is nice and the seat are very comfortable with all power controls and even hamstring supports. The dash is intuitive and easy to use, and the LCD cluster is well designed and far from cheap looking. The ride is very smooth, though there is some road noise at higher speeds; not a major issue however. What I find disappointing about this car is that the way the CVT trans in configured makes the awesome 290hp VQ engine feel much less awesome than it really is. While I enjoy the very smooth, shift-free ride the CVT offers, the car is very slows when speeding up from a stand still. You would expect a 290hp car to zoom off quickly (just as my g35 coupe did), but the maxima feels very "syrupy" at take off. Add some light torque steer, and I find myself reluctant to drive fast when I'm on city streets. That being said, when on the highway, the car is very fun to drive and very responsive. Going from 40-60 or 60-80 is when you really get to feel some speed and power. Steering wheel response is good and accurate, although I would say that it could use more feedback, but again this may be because I was used to driving the very tight wheeled G35 for years. Bottomline...I would recommend the Maxima for someone who want a sporty sedan with a good set of features and sleek exterior styling. If you want a true sports car driving experience...I would opt for an infiniti g37x, something without a CVT and FWD.

NEW MAX OWNER

by NEW MAX OWNER from | April 22, 2014

I love this car it's a true value for the price, and handles great. easy bying experience and it truly is a 4 door sports car

95, 99, 2003, and 2011 Maxima Owner

by Sugarbear, Maryville, TN from Business owner, Maryville, TN | April 19, 2014

I am driving my 4th Maxima. They are a great car. I have had no problems with any of the 4 models I have owned. They are great cars.

Worst dealership ever

by CarBuyer from NY NY | February 19, 2014

I went to purchase a car and the workers there are sharks they have so many hidden fees!!!! Don't trust the web price and don't waste your time going to this dealershiper their scammers!!!

Very beautiful & totally reliable!

by teena B. from brooklyn ny | January 23, 2014

this is my 2nd Maxima! love love love it sporty ride stylish and affordable all in 1 cant ask for more! my friends with BMW'S AND MERCEDES are like wow great car! so I'd totally recommend to someone else!!! and my kids think its cool also!

third Maxima and the last

by lijahlee from california | November 2, 2013

I am disappointed in this car. It has had lots of mechanical problems. In the first 6 months of ownership it died on me 3 times, leaving me stranded. Had to have it towed to dealership who told me it was fine, only to re-occur. Finally, after insisting they change out the battery or I would not pick it up again, they complied. It's been fine now for a year. Altimas and Maximas have problems with the batteries in the new cars. Nissan knows and refuses to fix the problem. Engine is ridiculously loud. I resent having to use premium gas. this is my 3rd Maxima and last. I've had it for 2 years. I loved the other two. they just smacked of quality. This one is clunky. Inattention to detail is now obvious, compared to previous models made in Japan. I had trusted Nissan products for 20 years. They have lost my business.

Got my dream car

by Wesley from Midland, tx | September 3, 2013

I have always driven sedans, like a 1998 Honda accord and 2008 Nissan maxima. While living in Lafayette, LA, the new gen body style maxima was very popular. I fell in love with the new design and I knew it was the car I wanted. I recently bought a 2011 Nissan maxima sv, and I love it. Obviously a beautifully designed car, but has a lot of power for a sedan. This is the type of car that would be going for more if it had the Infiniti logo on the front. I've taken this car on a couple road trips already, and avg between 23-25 miles per gallon, which is not bad considering you have nearly 300 HP under the hood. My only complaint is that the leather seats hurt my butt, but that's a first world problem. I also got a great deal on this car financing through Nissan.

I Drive In Style

by carebear from | July 19, 2013

Well I get so many complements on my Maxima It is not even funny. I love her or him not sure which one yet, drives like a dream it may not be like a Bentley or huge rr but it gets me to where I need to go at an awesome way so yall can keep those fancy dancy cars u don't drive keep in the driveway and kiss my grits.

Worth the wait

by Nissan Loyalist from Rochester, NY | February 27, 2013

I have wanted a Maxima for 20 years, but was always a few thousand short of being able to afford it. Finally I got a used 2011 Maxima that I could afford with 19K miles on it. I got the base model, as I am not really a fan of leather seats or on-board navigation. So far, I love everything about this car. The ride is great, handling is good, everything is well designer, and the exterior is a stunner with the Ocean Grey color. I'm not crazy about premium gas, but it's not that much of a problem. It remains to be seen how it will handle in the snow (probably great if I gete some snow tires) but this is one sweet ride! This is my 4th Nissan (2 Altimas, and a Pulsar hatchback) and by far, the best one I have owned.