2014 Nissan Maxima

19 city / 26 hwy

Overall

Love it !!!!!!!

by Frankee V from Springfield, Massachusetts | March 2, 2016

I purchased my 2014 Nissan Maxima after having a bad experience with my Acura TL and fell in love with the Maxima. The style, comfort and the way it handles itself is amazing. All the other extras, heated steering wheel, double sunroofs, leather interior and supreme sound system are all a plus I will purchase another Maxima without hesitation. Thanks Nissan !!!

How the mighty has fallen

by Maxima-enthusiast from Baltimore, MD | December 22, 2015

We bought a 2014 Maxima S in 2013. Now the car has more than 43000 miles all of them trouble-free, not even a squeak. Plenty of power, comfortable, nimble, awesome audio system, reasonable fuel efficiency. I watched the car with envious eyes for more than two years because my wife rarely let me drive it. But at last I got my revenge. Last week I bought a Maxima 2016 SL (our third Maxima) and the "old" 2014 has instantly fallen from favor. No it is her turn to watch my car with envious eyes. The new tech in the 2016 Maxima, makes the old one look like something from Flinstones. How the mighty has fallen!

2014 Maxima SV

by GAS from Apple Valey Utah | December 7, 2015

I had my Black Maxima 11 months now 20000miles on it great performance good seating good handling mileage a little better then is advertised I have had just over 30 Mpg going to Vegas average around 27 to 29 most of the time driving the speed limit more then enough performance for everyday driving It was built in Tennessee in Sept 14 Delivered in Dec 14 to Southern Utah I traded my 08 tundra 120000 miles & 2010 Prius 84000 mile even trade They could have done a better job on the Interior not as much Luxury as i felt it should have been I have the Premium package brought a Garmin for Navigation Xm radio is great Bluetooth good info on dash helpful Cheap plastic not so good inside! its almost a year now doing ok no regrets as of yet Performance Mileage Handling Looks all rate 4 stars Second Maxima we have own first was 96 GLE model very good also Nissan & Toyota's are great Cars & Trucks

My Favorite One of All

by Nissan Fan from Tampa,Florida | July 18, 2015

I love my Maxima! runs great, drives great, and my granddaughters car seat fits just fine. I love the sporty look while feeling the safety of driving a bigger car.

Love it!!!

by retired and loving it!! from MS Gulf Coast | April 2, 2015

This is my first Nissan Max and I love it! Drives great, looks great, and my grandson thinks I'm cool! Gigi

Unbiased Simple Summary of the SV

by Giffie from | March 18, 2015

This is from the eyes of a 19 year old. I have an SV, and it's the near-perfect hybrid of practicality and performance. However, it does fall short in the interior design. I drive like a maniac, so I don't care much about passenger support; However, the technology is lacking when compared to vehicles of the same year. The screen is smaller when compared to competitors, and the button and interface layouts aren't very intuitive. They boosted up the performance and aesthetics for this generation, but they definitely lagged behind in interior design and customizability. On the outside I love the attention it gets from people, but on the inside I feel like I'm driving a 2007. You need to spring for the premium package (which only comes with that fake wood-grain trim, which is why I didn't get it) if you want any sort of real luxury. If you are interested in boosting the performance...there isn't much choice in tuning, and there isn't much engine room. But from what I've found you can easily manage an extra 45ish horsepower from the simple things (tune,exhaust, air intake, etc) But the 3.5L v6 is more than capable of satisfying someone with a small appetite for speed, as it overtakes many others (the base camaro, challenger, charger). It is fun and easy to drive, but if you aren't experienced with front-wheel drive...you'll be in for a rude awakening if you turn off traction control.

Does this car have runflat tires?

by JT from Arizona | December 11, 2014

I had to drive my brothers wife and newborn to a Dr. appt about 1 1/2 hours from where we live. He let me borrow his car to take her. While driving, I noticed that a lot of road noise enters the car, on the highway, especially from the tires. I would think a car this big had a smoother ride, but it wasn't that smooth. These problems got me thinking that if Infiniti is using run-flats, then Nissan probably is too. If so, it's unfortunate. After sitting in a 2014 Nissan Frontier and 2013 Xterra, I've come to the conclusion Nissans don't have long enough seat bottoms (and I'm only 5'5) or they need to add padding for thigh support to the front of their seats. Thankfully, his car was the top model and had thigh support for the driver. The rear seats also have enough thigh support and are comfortable. Unfortunately, the front passenger has to suffer without thigh support. I've sat there for an around town jaunt and it was uncomfortable for me. The back seats are comfortable because the thigh is raised a bit, but the front passenger seat is completely flat. I didn't like the gauges either. The posted speed limits of 25, 35, 55, etc fall between the big lines of 20, 30, 40, etc, but that was just a minor annoyance. The cooling function on the front seat was nice and came in handy.

Truly enjoy driving 400 miles per week

by Robyn from Toms river | October 31, 2014

I love my maxima! I wanted a luxurious sports car on a limited budget. The max certainly did not disappoint. I love the plush comfy seats, the smooth ride, and the exterior looks. The v6 has a lot of power and responds willing. The duel exhaust provides a sexy little rumble and adds to the vehicles looks. I purchased the s model and my only regret is that my budget did not allow me to purchase the sv. I miss satellite radio, wish I had a backup camera and blue tooth streaming but I have learned that you must love the car and the tech is a bonus. Yes I could have purchased a lesser car that included these features but I would not have enjoyed it as much as my max. I feel proud to pull up in my maxima and everyone I show it to says wow nice car. I can't wait to see the redesign and will certainly look into purchasing another in a few years time.

Worst Car I Have Driven in 5 years

by Poor Hertz Renter from Salt Lake City, UT | August 20, 2014

What a joke, feels like a old 1994 Sable! Uncomfortable for 4 adults, felt like it was going to roll over in the turns or bottom out on a rough road. Forget the hands-free feature, more like a no function creature. Lots of road noise and wind noise on the highway, and ate gas like it was 89 cents a gallon. Cheap interior components and a awful roof line that would smack you in the head if you weren't careful getting in. And this car only had 220 miles on it when I picked it up.

Not quite what I thought

by Random Anonymous Blackmail from Rochester MN | July 18, 2014

Because the 2014 is considered the old design, you can get them for dirt cheap and it is a lot of car for the money. The Nissan Maxima is a large vehicle, I am not sure why they sill call it a 4 door sports car (since the 1980's) when it was the size of a Mitsubishi Lancer. There were a few times when I second guessed if I could fit into a parking spot or do I really have room to make the lane change. The car is simply comfortable to ride in and drive. It is smooth changing lanes on the freeway, and you never find yourself wincing before you hit bumps in the road. For a larger vehicle even tighter corners it manages well with very little under-steer or body roll, it felt very confident in its ability to stick to the road. The negatives of this vehicle are it is in bad need of a redesign, the current design isn't bad but it is old and Nissan needs to make it stand out from the Altima. Also when we opened the sunroof, the wind dam or screen or whatever started flapping in the breeze pretty aggressively about 75MPH. We were worried about it breaking off so we closed the sunroof. The interior, my only complaints is why are all the adjustments scattered everywhere. Here is the dash brightness, over here is the power mirrors... oops, you hit the trunk release right next to it during the blind reach. Oh and that isn't the volume, the little button under that is the volume. On our model there was no interior fuel door release, it just pops open like my 99 Jeep Cherokee. Button release is apparently saved for the more budget friendly Altima. It was well appointed with large gauges, a comfortable steering wheel and a nice feel to controls, but there were a few misses. The biggest miss with the Nissan Maxima it the engine. I have a hard time believing there is 290 HP under the hood. Out of the hole (freeway on ramp) it was fair at best. It seemed lethargic on city streets to 30 and almost had to convince it to 45 unless you put the pedal down. I don't know if it is trying to be fuel efficient, but I sure didn't experience fuel efficiency, this engine is thirsty. Be that as it may, it seemed to honestly want to be faster but could not step it up. The manumatic or Nintendo shifting options (as I call them) are unnecessary as they didn't seem to improve performance, more so just there to give someone a feeling of a automatic transmission that you shift. Stick the card in D and use the pedal, this is not the old school Maxima. In all for the money this is a very good vehicle, it feels solid, the cabin is quiet and comfortable to drive in most any situation. I just with Nissan would have stuck a more powerful engine in it because it is a big heavy car and seems to be caught in an identity crisis with the little Altima biting on its heels and not quite in the class of an Infinity.