2014 Nissan Maxima

Available in 2 styles:  2014 Nissan Maxima 4dr Sedan shown
Starting MSRP

19 city / 26 hwy

Overall

Does this car have runflat tires?

by JT from Arizona | December 11, 2014

I had to drive my brothers wife and newborn to a Dr. appt about 1 1/2 hours from where we live. He let me borrow his car to take her. While driving, I noticed that a lot of road noise enters the car, on the highway, especially from the tires. I would think a car this big had a smoother ride, but it wasn't that smooth. These problems got me thinking that if Infiniti is using run-flats, then Nissan probably is too. If so, it's unfortunate. After sitting in a 2014 Nissan Frontier and 2013 Xterra, I've come to the conclusion Nissans don't have long enough seat bottoms (and I'm only 5'5) or they need to add padding for thigh support to the front of their seats. Thankfully, his car was the top model and had thigh support for the driver. The rear seats also have enough thigh support and are comfortable. Unfortunately, the front passenger has to suffer without thigh support. I've sat there for an around town jaunt and it was uncomfortable for me. The back seats are comfortable because the thigh is raised a bit, but the front passenger seat is completely flat. I didn't like the gauges either. The posted speed limits of 25, 35, 55, etc fall between the big lines of 20, 30, 40, etc, but that was just a minor annoyance. The cooling function on the front seat was nice and came in handy.

Truly enjoy driving 400 miles per week

by Robyn from Toms river | October 31, 2014

I love my maxima! I wanted a luxurious sports car on a limited budget. The max certainly did not disappoint. I love the plush comfy seats, the smooth ride, and the exterior looks. The v6 has a lot of power and responds willing. The duel exhaust provides a sexy little rumble and adds to the vehicles looks. I purchased the s model and my only regret is that my budget did not allow me to purchase the sv. I miss satellite radio, wish I had a backup camera and blue tooth streaming but I have learned that you must love the car and the tech is a bonus. Yes I could have purchased a lesser car that included these features but I would not have enjoyed it as much as my max. I feel proud to pull up in my maxima and everyone I show it to says wow nice car. I can't wait to see the redesign and will certainly look into purchasing another in a few years time.

Worst Car I Have Driven in 5 years

by Poor Hertz Renter from Salt Lake City, UT | August 20, 2014

What a joke, feels like a old 1994 Sable! Uncomfortable for 4 adults, felt like it was going to roll over in the turns or bottom out on a rough road. Forget the hands-free feature, more like a no function creature. Lots of road noise and wind noise on the highway, and ate gas like it was 89 cents a gallon. Cheap interior components and a awful roof line that would smack you in the head if you weren't careful getting in. And this car only had 220 miles on it when I picked it up.

Not quite what I thought

by Random Anonymous Blackmail from Rochester MN | July 18, 2014

Because the 2014 is considered the old design, you can get them for dirt cheap and it is a lot of car for the money. The Nissan Maxima is a large vehicle, I am not sure why they sill call it a 4 door sports car (since the 1980's) when it was the size of a Mitsubishi Lancer. There were a few times when I second guessed if I could fit into a parking spot or do I really have room to make the lane change. The car is simply comfortable to ride in and drive. It is smooth changing lanes on the freeway, and you never find yourself wincing before you hit bumps in the road. For a larger vehicle even tighter corners it manages well with very little under-steer or body roll, it felt very confident in its ability to stick to the road. The negatives of this vehicle are it is in bad need of a redesign, the current design isn't bad but it is old and Nissan needs to make it stand out from the Altima. Also when we opened the sunroof, the wind dam or screen or whatever started flapping in the breeze pretty aggressively about 75MPH. We were worried about it breaking off so we closed the sunroof. The interior, my only complaints is why are all the adjustments scattered everywhere. Here is the dash brightness, over here is the power mirrors... oops, you hit the trunk release right next to it during the blind reach. Oh and that isn't the volume, the little button under that is the volume. On our model there was no interior fuel door release, it just pops open like my 99 Jeep Cherokee. Button release is apparently saved for the more budget friendly Altima. It was well appointed with large gauges, a comfortable steering wheel and a nice feel to controls, but there were a few misses. The biggest miss with the Nissan Maxima it the engine. I have a hard time believing there is 290 HP under the hood. Out of the hole (freeway on ramp) it was fair at best. It seemed lethargic on city streets to 30 and almost had to convince it to 45 unless you put the pedal down. I don't know if it is trying to be fuel efficient, but I sure didn't experience fuel efficiency, this engine is thirsty. Be that as it may, it seemed to honestly want to be faster but could not step it up. The manumatic or Nintendo shifting options (as I call them) are unnecessary as they didn't seem to improve performance, more so just there to give someone a feeling of a automatic transmission that you shift. Stick the card in D and use the pedal, this is not the old school Maxima. In all for the money this is a very good vehicle, it feels solid, the cabin is quiet and comfortable to drive in most any situation. I just with Nissan would have stuck a more powerful engine in it because it is a big heavy car and seems to be caught in an identity crisis with the little Altima biting on its heels and not quite in the class of an Infinity.

GREAT CAR

by KJ from COLUMBIA, MO | July 17, 2014

IT'S A GREAT FAMILY CAR. OVERALL AM PLEASED BUYING THE VEHICLE. FEATURES ARE BLUETOOTH AND DUAL MOONROOF. SEAT COMFORT IS BEST ON TAKING LONG TRIPS. THIS WAS CHEAPEST WAY GETTING A CAR BEING MUCH LOWER IN PRICE AS THIS ONE.

Excellent car, very happy

by CarKnowItAll from Oyster Bay, NY | March 30, 2014

Coming from a Civic, this was a huge upgrade. The power delivery on this car is fantastic, especially when put in sport mode. The sport mode really does imitate an automatic driving experience well, at first I thought it was a big gimmick. The exterior styling is gorgeous, but the only thing is that it comes at the expense of sight-lines. It may be because the car is still pretty new to me, but parking the Maxima is a little difficult because the curves make it hard to know the meets & bounds of the vehicle. Interior styling is nice, if a bit dated. The fit and finish is very good though, and soft, high-quality materials are abundant inside. If you'd like a fast, luxurious ride you better try and get into one soon. The prices and discounts on this car are unbelievable right now, but that will run out soon when the next gen arrives later this year.

most reliable car I've owned

by Luxury car enthusiast from Eugene, Oregon | February 22, 2014

It pays to have car specifics to know what to look for. Find it. And then wait for the right price (relative to the market).

Great Customer Service

by Helena from Oakland, CA | February 17, 2014

I stopped by today on my lunch break to look at a Maxima. I was greeted by one of the salespeople. I was upfront with him that I did not have time to purchase today because I had an hour for lunch. I took it for a test drive and had them give me the numbers for the new car and my trade. I told them I would be back friday. Well, I am driving my new maxima tonight because they delivered the car to me in Oakland. Good job gentleman. I am glad I visited your dealership.

among the best

by sunday car from MISSISSIPPI | February 1, 2014

easy to operate. HAND FREE PHONE. Dual sun roof is greet. Front driver seat extinction is nice also for confont

Best bang for buck new sedan

by Shrek from Walnut Creek, CA | January 11, 2014

Excellent performance, especially in manual mode with paddle shifter use. Interior features are plush and feature easy to use navigation and blue tooth. Bose stereo system is excellent. Styling looks great with it's bulging hips, shoulders and hood line, although the front grill could use a design refresh. Trunk is deep and split fold down rear seat is nice. Love the sport firm ride of the suspension.