2005 Nissan Murano

20 city / 24–25 hwy

Overall

2005 Nissan Murano

by College student from Bronx,ny | August 29, 2014

Dimitri is an honest guy sold me a great car at a good deal. He looked out for me by setting up the car payments an easier way for me I greatly appreciate it. I recommend chase auto group to everyone.

Very nice car except w/ AWD CVT issue.

by keith from Northwest Oregon | February 1, 2014

Purchased my loaded SL w/ a smidge over 100k miles. Has been great overall until transfer case seals broke down & apparently causing fluid to enter CVT trans. Total dealer cost for re-manufactured trans (12mo / 12k warranty), new exhaust manifold & transfer case seals was a bit shy of $4500 (dealer was very helpful w/ cost). Still a BIG OUCH!!! Don't recommend selling w/ bad tranny, no interest at all. Now at 155k I'm once again enjoying this SUV. My 2 cents worth... If you don't need an AWD, DON'T BUY ONE. Best thing is the 27-29 mpg highway, taking some of the pain away. Would I buy another one... only with low miles & probably an FWD.

Loved it at first...

by Average Car Guy from NC | October 3, 2012

We've had this Murano SE since new in 2005 and really enjoyed all but this last year. At 65K miles, it has required close to $5K in repairs: axle replacement, power steering pump hose, oil radiator and pan gasket. We looking for a replacement family vehicle at this point and Nissan will not be in the running. It is unfortunate they are not built to last longer - we've greatly enjoyed the utility of the vehicle and sporty performance.

My Best car ever

by The duck on the road from NIGERIA | June 30, 2011

This is just the car of the moment. Stylishly built and elegant. Always wanting to be in it. My family drove in it and never loved any other car. Everything about this car so far so good and wonderful. Except that i am yet to be able to get a Navigation CD for Nigeria on the vehicle navigation system. Getting the CD will male me score the all in 5 Stars. Well-done Nissan.

So Far So Good!

by Best Bang For Your Buck! from Loudoun, Virginia | June 29, 2011

I just bought my 05 murano 77k miles, runs great. Never owned one before but i gotta say man does this car not only feels great but its fun to drive. you feel tall and cool. Its gonna take getting used to using CVT tranny because it doesn't switch gears. Overall for 15k you get a luxury car and with alot of stares. Great Buy! Can't wait for what the future has in stores!

Smooooooth Trany,er,Giant Rubber Band

by Umgali from Cincinnati,Ohio | May 9, 2011

Love the non-jerk,non-shift feel. The power just keeps on coming. The gas mileage is disapponting but over all a nice,powerful and smooooooth ride. As a musician i really like the fold down rear sets that lay totally flat. Great for carrying my equipment.

Rock solid

by Car fanatic from Indiana | February 16, 2011

I purchased the 05 Murano S not quite 3 years ago. Loved it from day one. The only issue I had with it was a transmission vibration. I took it in to Nissan they told me they needed to replace it. Didn't cost me anything. I live where there is a lot of snow the one thing I missed was the AWD feature. My wife was T-boned by a car going 35-40 mph and had minor bumps and bruises. The side impact airbags blew and the side post held no intrusion beyond the post. The insurance company paid me everything I paid for it and $200 more. didn't want a major car payment so I down sized to a Rogue with all options.

Favorite car purchase have yet to find a Flaw!

by My Murano from Mi | January 17, 2011

Love my murano! It drives like a car yet space and comfort of a bigger vechical. Its very reliable and has plenty of leg space for backseat passengers. I drove many similar cars before purchasing this one such as the ford edge, the Toyota version and the Honda cvr and for the money the Murano had everything we were looking for at the best price!

Best Car for the Money!

by Car Nut from Denver, CO | October 20, 2010

We bought our 05 Murano SL with NAVIGATION and the TECH and TOURING PCKGS--Wonderful high tech packages with many great features including Smart Key and backup camera. Our SL still turns heads and is still great fun to drive! I admit to being a fussy car nut and can honestly say, this car pleases me more than any other I've ever owned. Engine is very responsive and the AWD is great in snow. Economical, too. Split back seat is comfortable because back rests are adjustable, so your back seat passengers can recline. Comfortable back seat because it reclines and both front seats are powered and heated. Very reliable, even after 74,000 miles. Only complaint: High End Tires are expensive because wheels are big.

Nicest Looking SUV

by Santa Hubby from Jersey City, NJ | December 31, 2008

This is the nicest looking SUV on the road with the possible exception of the Infinity FX35 (another Nissan). It's amazingly comfortable (especially for an SUV) and chock full of luxury features. My only complaint here is the lack of Nav and rear entertainment system in the SL (middle) model, but I guess that's what the high end model is for ;) Also I'm not a huge fan of Japanese ergonomics, especially in Nissan models (spazzy amount of buttons and poorly placed controls sometimes). Performance is awesome ... gets out of its own way much better then the large American SUVs, and hugs the road better then its contemporaries. Gas mileage is so-so (20 MPG highway) but not bad. Very roomy with lots of rear room for furniture moving when needed.