2006 Nissan Murano

Available in 5 styles:  2006 Nissan Murano AWD shown

Overall

Love my MURANO

by KMCD from Central CA | July 23, 2014

So i bought this car with pretty high milage 146k but in great shape and have now put an additional 36K on it. I have replaced the steering hose $387 Repaired the AC TXV $800(ouch) One front axle $200 So was it a good deal? I love the car it drives great, is very comfortable, is a quite ride. I think it looks great. Room for two kids and a dog. I tow my small boat with it. Has lots of features that you wouldn't expect in an 06 and won't let you down when getting on the freeway. Have taken it camping the AWD works great. I don't want to put more money into it but to a point I will. My understanding is that after 2007 they have less problems

Not what I imagined

by Mr. Killian from Hickory, NC | February 3, 2014

I've had my Mo for 4 years now. Bought it with 66K on it, now it has 114,000 At 80k I had to replace both front hub assemblies. One then the other was within 2 months. The rotors stay wrapped, however my wife is a "drag strip" driver and rather hard on the brakes. There is numerous sqeeks inside the cabin and as of this past fall I've developed an exhuast noise which I found out the other day is a cracked manifold. I loved the concept and looks of these when they first came out, waited a few years for the bugs to get worked out, and still got less than I had hoped for.

Finally my own car

by 1st time car buyer from Charlotte, NC | August 7, 2013

I love my Nissan Murano. Its not brand new but its new to me. I have been sharing a mini van with my husband for the past 13 years and now I have my own car. The dealership was very reliable and trustworthy seeing that we basically did all our corresponding via email.

Former Dream Car...

by Ashley M from Fort Myers, FL | July 14, 2013

I bought a used 2006 Nissan Murano SL in 2010 with only 33,000 miles. The day after I brought it home I noticed really loud squealing when reversing the car and I had issues with the steering. The first year I owned the car I replaced the power steering hose and the rotors to try to reduce squealing, but that did not work apparently it is a common problem with these cars. The next year I replaced the axel because the boot had a crack and it ended up being cheaper to replace the whole thing. This year I just had to replace the hub bearing and CAM sensor for about $750. I also found out the other hub/wheel bearing is about to break. I have decided to trade my Murano in due to the fact I have had so many issues with the car and I still owe money on it. It is a beautiful car the paint has held up well the interior looks great, but it has cost me too much money in repairs. The CD player also stopped working this year.

Spacious Crossover

by Tiny from Atlanta, GA | March 6, 2013

The thing I like the most about this vehicle is the space it has in the driver passenger area. Overhead is roomy for 6'2 guy. Also, there is plenty of space for a 300+lbs. guy. Only wish it had the bluetooth accessory. Also, the trans reduces power on it's own. Other than that I love this vehicle. Hope there is a replica with a more powerful trans and the exact same design interior-wise...

2006 Nissan Murano

by New Owner from Oldsmar, FL | May 29, 2012

I've wanted a Murano for some time now and finally found the perfect car! The only thing that would've been better would be if it was Pearl White, otherwise I love it. It's an SL, so it has everything in it, it handles great, is better on gas mileage then I thought and I love the styling. Couldn't be happier.

I owned Murano for 5 yers

by Kat from Saratoga Springs,NY | February 13, 2012

The car was great when I purchased in 2007, it was a year old!!! Felt like new even with the high milage on it (33.000). After about 4 years I started having a problems with it, brakes, lights were so bad, that you couldn't see in the dark, and many more,, and it was not worth it anymore for it's price, cause my car wasn't with any luxury package in it. The best thing about this car it's very good drives on the snow, and just perfect car to travel in.!!! Very comfy seats. Murano has a stylish look, but probably it's better when you have full package in it!!! So you won't need any upgrades.

Good SUV

by 1970Mustang from IA | November 21, 2011

Drives and rides great, looks good in and out. Only complaint are the repair costs, outragous, would not buy unless covered.

Good car, if you get the right one!

by Rick in the OC from Orange County, CA | September 8, 2011

I bought my Murano new in 2006. I loved this vehicle for the first 3 years. After three years of ownership, and out of warranty, the problems started. The drivers seat track broke. A common problem with Muranos. I was able to get Nissan to cover this. Other problems include broken gas gauge, new radiator, motor mounts, pcv boot, broken heat shield and problems pumping gas into tank. Total bill for repairs $5,000. These problems are not unique to me. If you go to any Murano forum, you will find the same complaints. My Murano runs great now and it is paid off. At this point I don't know if I should get rid of it, because it is a great car when it is running right. If you are considering one, make sure the above mentioned items have been addressed before you buy it.

very nice car

by aarepairs from New York | June 7, 2011

fun to drive, great styling, roomy interior, stylish exterior. this car has all the fun gadgets & great interior lighting...............