2007 Nissan Murano

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Stay away

by Q from New England | May 1, 2014

Originally I reviewed this car as a good car. It was for a while, but then not so much. I had the Murano for 2.5 yrs. I bought it with low miles. It was a very good vehicle for the short time I owned it. Then, as winter was coming I noticed my heat was not working properly. It was blowing cold air. After a few day diagnosis they thought it was a head gasket. The car only had 80K on it. The charge to repair was $4000. No way! I traded it in for an Acura. I used to like Nissans. Not anymore. I'm not going to buy another one. I'm back to Honda/Acura.

Great vehicle

by Q from New England | September 29, 2012

The 2007 Murano is a nice vehicle. Is it a car or a truck? It certainly drives like a car, but performs like a truck. I've had mine for almost two years and it runs great. I bought mine used and I saved lots of cash from the newer models. This car/truck is good in the snow and is very luxurious. It is my day to day drive. I wish it got better gas mileage. I average 21/22 highway and city combined. It's got pleny of room in the frount and back seats. And there is pleny of room in back for your stuff. Overall this is a nice reliable vehicle. I really like it.

Saved my kids lives

by Eddioso from PA | June 22, 2012

We bought a used 2007 Murano and love the vehicle. Great gas mileage (24mpg on highway) and a very comfortable spacious car. Unfortunately the car was totaled the other day when another vehicle blew through a stop sign. The side was badly damaged and air bags deployed. My young kids were unharmed as was my wife who was driving. Can't recommend this car enough for safety and we may well buy another.

Longevity

by Magnum from Vineland NJ | February 25, 2012

I own the 2007 sl awd, no gps nor sun/moon roof, not leather. I simply don't want it. I've owned the dodge product, ford, gm, honda, toyota, nissan. I'm not buying anything else but, toyota, from now on. My murano is ok for the highway use or the use for the people who drive in 35mph and higher. No stop and go traffic and no turn here-turn there. This vehicle feels like a bear, bulky, massive feeling. In other words, it feels bigger then it actually is. The steering is hard when compared to the toyota tacoma,tundra,highlander,rav4, fj cruiser. Next, CVT transmission fluid is about $20 per QT - needs to be changed every 30k-40k miles. = around $300 per cvt oil change. Next, the suspension is set up like in the cheap outdated town and country van. I hate how this car feels when it goes over the bump. It feels like the cheap can. Next, AWD works fine for me. In order for this wanna be suv not to get stuck in the snow the snow tires or good all season/terrain tires. I tried to get it stuck by driving through about 3ft of unplowed snow on few streets, from start to the end of the street, which is about .25-.75 miles long. This vehicle is roomy. It is built on the altima platform. I would not buy it again. I would have bought the venza, tacome, 4runner. or any lexus.

Best used car in its price range!

by Murano Maiden from Littleton, CO | January 9, 2012

I did alot of research before i purchased my used Nissan Murano! I looked at new cars as well, and out of both used and new, I felt in this price range I got the best. My co-worker urged me to get a new Kia SUV, but I know I made the right choice. If you look at the big picture, this vehicle takes the cake! Its resale value holds up way better than any Kia ever will. Its sturdy and beefy, yet it handles better than anything Ive ever driven before. We had 2 serious accidents this last year and I was having major anxiety driving after, but in this car, I feel safe! I love this vehicle!!!

Good But Not Great

by Kruunch from NJ | November 17, 2011

We have a 2007 Nissan Murano which we use to truck the kids around in and the annual jaunt 600 mile jaunt to the inlaws. The car performs very well (exceleration, handling, etc ...) and is very comfortable on long trips. The detractions have been mostly little stuff and these include: front "chrome" grill is actually plastic and the "chrome" paint started bubbling less than a year in; rattling and squeaks from the console and dash; rattling from the exhaust shield; 4WD drops off to 2WD randomly when stopped (not parked); Overall its been a good car, but loses that "great" adjective because of all of the small problems and seeming lack of quality to the ergonomic components. For the price range, one might find better quality elsewhere, but they could do worse as well.

Murano

by Anon from Burtonsville, MD | November 8, 2011

Good car, lots of bells and whistles. Comfortable to drive. Especially like the GPS and the backup camera.

I car I have realy enjoyed!

by Loving Driver from Cleveland Ohio | October 11, 2011

I have over 90,000 miles on my Murano and it has never let me down. Drove to Alaska and back, 6 or 7 trips from Cleveland to the West Coast and 2 years commuting 26 miles each way 5 days a week. Always started, went thru rain, snow never a problem. Love the back up camera--saved me a couple of times. Handles well in the snow around Cleveland.

Excellent car

by Murano lover from Tifton, GA | August 27, 2011

We purchased this used 2007 Nissan, Murano SL in April and we love the vehicle. It is a small SUV, but the interior design makes it feel spacious. The manner in which the A/C quickly cools the car under hot, southern, summer skies only brings a smile to your face. And then the drive, the CVT makes acceleration feels like a smooth transition from stop to required speed. My friend, who is a car enthusiast said, after being driven over 400 miles in the back seat: " Man, that car is comfortable." I get 23 - 24 mpg on the highway.

Nice SUV

by Dude from New England | July 4, 2011

I just bought my Murano a little over a month ago. I picked up a 2007 with low miles. So far I love it. I have had so much luck with 2 previous Maxima's so I do trust the Nissan product. This Murano is put together well. I have the "Touring Package" and it includes everything except for XM/Sirius radio. The leather is nice. The heated seats work great. The stereo sounds great. This is a very nice vehicle. I am averaging ~ 22 MPG with mostly highway miles. I am satisfied with this. Sure I'd love to get more miles per gallon, but this is a pretty large vehicle so I have no complaints. The interior and the exteriour are beautiful. Everyone compliments me on my car. I have gotten used to the CVT. At first it was a little odd that I did not feel the car shift, but it now seems normal. I am very happy with my new (pre-owned) Murano. It is a great car and a pre-owned one makes great sense. I would highly recommend this car to a friend. I expect to have "Mo" for a long time, like my two previous Maximas. I LOVE NISSAN!

Featured Services for this Nissan Murano