The Murano was redesigned and reengineered for 2009, and it competes in price and size with the Ford Edge, Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander. It seats five. There are three trim levels of the Murano: S, SL and LE. All three now come with front- or all-wheel drive.
New for 2010
The top, LE trim level is now available with front- as well as all-wheel drive. Otherwise there are no significant changes for 2010.
The front end has bold headlight clusters and optional bi-xenon headlights. The rear end has some distinctive shapes, including a rear window designed for good rear visibility. LED taillights and dual chrome tailpipes are standard, while a roof rack and a power liftgate are optional.
- Standard 18-inch wheels
- Standard privacy glass
- Optional 20-inch wheels
- Optional fog lights
- Optional moonroof
- Optional roof rails
The Murano's interior can incorporate double-stitched leather, aluminum or wood trim.
- Standard six-CD changer and MP3 jack
- Standard tilt/telescoping steering wheel
- Available Bose premium audio, XM Satellite Radio and DVD entertainment system
- Available backseat 9-inch screen for DVDs
- Available heated front and rear seats
- Available rain-sensing wipers
- Available 7-inch dashboard display with rearview camera and navigation system
Under the Hood
Nissan's familiar 3.5-liter V-6 powers the Murano, here producing 265 horsepower and 248 pounds-feet of torque. As before, the transmission is a continuously variable one, called Xtronic, which is one of the most time-proven ones on the market. All trims are available in either front- or all-wheel drive.
- Standard continuously variable automatic transmission
- Standard push-button start
In addition to the required front airbags, the Murano has side-impact airbags for front occupants and side curtains to protect both rows of seats. The curtains are designed to deploy in the event of a rollover, too.
- Standard front- and side-impact airbags
- Standard side curtain airbags for both rows
- Standard active head restraints
- Standard four-wheel-disc antilock brakes
- Standard electronic stability system with traction control
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Nissan Murano
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.