2011 Nissan Murano

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Former Ford Edge Owner

by Driving Enthusiast / Dad from Western PA | July 8, 2014

I just traded a 2007 Ford Edge that I really liked for a 2011 Murano. I've only had the Murano for a week, but drove 400 miles over the weekend on a trip. I was looking for and test drove a 2011 Ford Edge, but decided to switch to the Nissan. Both vehicles met my need to carry a family of four on weekends, skiing in winter, etc. Initial comparisons are; The Murano feels sportier to drive...steering is more responsive. It feels like a smaller vehicle, although I parked next to an Edge and they look basically same size. Both vehicles have similar 6 cylinder engines, and are pretty quick. The Edge rides a little softer, the Murano a little stiffer. But the Murano is amazingly smooth and quiet on the highway. I especially like the Murano's transmission. It is ultra smooth...you can't feel any shifting. That was one of the reasons I preferred the Murano. My kids say the Murano back seats are roomier than the Ford Edge. I felt the front seats were a tad smaller than the Edge. I also prefer the Edge's interior ergonomics, cup holders, change holders, etc. The Murano doesn't have as many compartments. Both vehicles have panorama sun roofs that I like. I don't like the rear visibility in the Murano as well. The rear corners of the car have larger roof pillars that block visibility when looking back. I'm enjoying driving the Murano. It handles like a comfortable sport sedan. In fact, my wife drives an Infiniti sedan and she likes the feel of the Murano better. Nissan is redesigning the Murano for 2015...there are photos online. I really like my 2011 so far. Hope this review helps others.

So-far, so-good

by First time SUV owners from Massachusetts | June 16, 2014

First, we've owned our 2011 Murano SL AWD for a week, so I can't comment on reliability or long-term driveability. I can say that we've really enjoyed the vehicle so far. We felt the Murano was the right balance of size, utility, performance and price. Its comfortable (as far as mid-priced SUVs are concerned). The engine is quite with plenty of power for passing on the highway or merging with traffic. The transmission is smooth and seems well-matched with the engine power (no lugging or super-low RPM seek like in some 4 cyclinder CVT setups). The ride is also smooth - a little body roll in the corners and over big bumps - but's its an SUV. The interior is nicely appointed and offers more options than anyone could really need. As I said, we really like our Murano so far.

rides like an older lincoln

by hot tub king from saint augustine florida | May 15, 2014

was a little sceptical about the transmission.bought a certified pre owned which gave me an extented 120k on the transmission but the car drives like a dream.gotta be carefull because you dont realise how fast your actually driving.so far so good.trans. mantinance is a little pricey at the dealer,$600 for a trans. flush a little steep for me..

Nissain Murano well worth the Money.

by Choms18 from Okemos Mi. | February 4, 2014

I have researched the suv mkt for several monthes before I pulled the trigger on my 2011 Nissan Murano. Well worth the countless hours on the net figuring out what was best for me and What I liked the best. Murano has a great ride and look. Everything about this suv is first class. The CVT transmission makes it feel like your in a jet taking off when you press on the gas pedal. Very happy with my purchase, Go get one!

red light crash

by marina K from Toronto, Canada | January 30, 2014

The car has just saved my daughter from the injuries in a very serious crash. Somebody run a red light and crashed into my car. The car is a total loss, my daughter just has bruises from the air bags. Thanks Murano!

yes we live the suv gas messages sucks

by gail from sioux falls south dakota | September 8, 2012

we bought the murrando 2 months ago and we love it but the gas milage sucks big time we put on ka air filter on that helped some and it still dont help alot we are about ready to trade it off

Luxury SUV at a standard SUV price

by Gearhead Dave from Albuquerque, NM | June 30, 2012

After studying reviews and specs on Cars.com for three months, I narrowed our search down to three crossover SUVs that met our needs: the Murano, the Honda CR-V, and the Hyundai Santa Fe. My wife and I are senior citizens, and we were looking for comfort, quiet, and reliablity. We test drove all three, and while the Santa Fe and CR-V are good cars, it was obvious that they were built on an economy car platform. The Murano, however, just blew us away with how well-built and quiet it is. The Murano uses essentially the same architecture as the Altima and Inifiniti G-37, and benefits from that excellent design. We found a lighlty used 2011 SV with only 8000 miles, and we snatched it up. The Murano is solid, and next to the other cars we looked at, it was like a steel safe compared to filing cabinets. If you drove it blindfolded (which I don't recommend), you would think you were in an Infiniti or Lexus. This is my fifth Nissan, and all have gone over 100,000 miles with little or no problems, so I feel confident this Murano will be equally reliable. Consumer Reports agrees. While I have not been impressed with other CVT transmissions I have driven, the Murano's seems to be perfectly adapted to the car. It has smooth, effortless, and noiseless acceleration, so it's almost like driving an electric car. Nissan's V-6 is widely recognized for its excellence, and the Murano's is basically the same engine that is used in the 350Z and the Infiniti G35. The interior consists of premium materials in a pleasing design, with easy-to-operate controls. The seats are very comfortable, with the back seats just as good as the front, and plenty of legroom in the back. My wife's favorite feature is the extenders on the sunvisors. Yes, it would be nice to have a little larger cargo area, but it's big enough for us. If I had to find fault, I could mention that the back seats don't fold down fully flat, but few SUVs' seats do. And I'm not getting the same mileage as I get on my Sentra, but I didn't expect to. I am getting the EPA estimated mpg, though, so I'm happy. Our car had a lot of gee-whiz options that I didn't think we needed, but now I don't know how we got along without them. The automatic headlights, the back-up camera, the dual-zone climate control, the multi-source stereo, the dual sunroofs, the Intelligent key system, all work terrifically and make driving such a pleasure. And then there are the trivial features that still make us grin, like the lighted MURANO logo on the door sills, the subtle ambient lighting inside, the powered disappearing sunroof blinds, and the hinged cover over the cup holders. If you need a midsize crossover, I don't think you can do better than the Murano. It's just as good as the more expensive luxury utes, and far better than the others in its price range. Frankly, it's the best car I have ever owned, and I plan on keeping it till one of us wears out, probably me.

Like the boby style

by First Time Nissan from Alexandria, VA | August 30, 2011

I liked the first generation models, but was not sold on Nissan; but after reviewing the Murano from a distance and comparing it to other crossovers I took it for a test drive. Three hours later I was the owner of a Maruno SL. I enjoy the driving experience that the Maruno provides and all the features and capabilities that come with the SL model. From memory sitting to rearview camera and more!!

Comfort and Style in My New Nissan Murano

by Nissan COnvert from Cleveland, OH | July 21, 2011

I am leasing the 2011 Nissan Murano SL. I switched from Honda which I thought I'd never do. However, after a particularly rough and scary winter, I decided I wanted an AWD vehicle. I love the power, the comfort, the room, and the style of the Murano. The ride is very smooth. The SL has a vista moonroof and remote keyless entry which are excellent features. Gas mileage is not as good as I'd like, but it's a 6 cylinder and all the aforementioned amenities far outweigh this drawback.

love this car

by camporange from Bellevue, WA | June 22, 2011

it took me more than a year to decide what i wanted and i drove many luxury SUVs but was instantly sold when i drove the Murano SL. i've had it for 6 months and my husband and i both love driving it. it's incredibly quiet, the transmission is unbelievably smooth and the backseat is roomly like a minivan. i can't say enough good things about this vehicle.