We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2012 Nissan Murano

2012 Nissan Murano
Available in 8 styles:  2012 Nissan Murano 4dr AWD shown

18 city / 23–24 hwy

Overall

Nice but not perfect!!

by muranoman2012 from Colorado | July 27, 2016

I own a red (merlot) 2012 SV AWD version! First the positives! The exterior style, color, and road handling on corners are excellent and this vehicle was made for the highway with a farely quiet ride with little road noise (at least on smooth surfaces) and great steering feel. The usb input works well with music flashdrives (but wish the stereo had auto volume balancing between songs).! The cloth armrests on the doors keeps my arms from getting burned in the summer. The standard large rearview camera also shows a greater angle from the sides when backing out! Reliability has been good except for a dashboard l.e.d. display that had to be replaced under the extended warranty that I luckily purchased at time of sale! Now for the negatives! The cargo space is a little small, air recirculation is turned off when defrosting the windshield in the winter so car exhaust and cigarette smoke usually come in, the view around the side view mirrors and front pillars are hindered, the rear view camera is a must have because rear view visibility is hard without it, rear a/c is barely noticed by passengers even on full blast, ride can get a little rough with larger pot holes coming through the cabin as well as feeling little cracks in pavement, not a big fan of interior chrome accents because of my sensitive eyes, the dual zone a/c and cruse control doesn't always work precisely, rough roads still bring in road noise, subpar standard tires which don't grip well in snow and ice (even with my AWD system), light steering feel in town, sluggish acceleration from a start and passing on the highway, wasn't offered in gray cloth interior so had to go with black which is much hotter in the summer (beige is much more common but ugly to me), and the black part on the bottom of the windshield is too low and I see too much of the wipers and get to much glare from the back of the hood and the lower outside of the pillars. Since it handles so well you can get a little overconfident when passing cars on tight mountain road corners. My other choice would have been a Mazda CX-9 because it handles just as well, but since the nearest factory authorized dealership was over 6 hours away I couldn't have honored the warranty with scheduled oil changes, maintenance, or any recalls that might have been needed so the Murano was still the best choice for me at the time!!

You got to try this CAR!

by Nissan Lover from Columbus, OH | June 28, 2016

Have owned the Murano just over 3.5 years. Have done nothing to it but oil changes--although get ready for tires and brakes. Was going to buy a used Lexus SUV, but got a new Murano for the same price. Although it does not have the panache of a Lexus, it is its equal in every other way. Better options included and awd with equal reliability and ride. Was going to trade this in, but now and tempted to drive it a LONG time.

MY SECOND MURANO

by ERSANEL from RENO, NV | April 10, 2015

I RECENTLY PURCHASED MY SECOND MURANO AND THIS IS THE BEST SUV FOR THE VALUE THAT YOU PAY. EXCELLENT RIDE, LUXURIOUS INTERIOR, BEAUTIFUL EXTERIOR APPEARANCE, HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS, TECHNOLOGY, SAFETY AND EVEYRTHING THAT YOU EXPECT FROM A SUV. MY OTHER VEHICLE IS PORSCHE CAYMAN 2014 AND HONESTLY I FEEL THE SAME JOY RIDING MURANO AS MUCH AS MY CAYMAN.

Great crossover SUV

by Murano driver from PG County, MD | March 14, 2015

Purchased a 2012 Murano LE AWD with 25K miles, in great condition. A good drive and very quiet. Quality interior and love the features and it's spacious. Had experience with Nissan CVT before and even better here. With Nissan VQ 3.5 V6 and this CVT, very smooth power delivery. Mileage has been as EPA estimated and better on hwy. Fifth Nissan vehicle, all have been very reliable.

Love my new Nissan-Dream Car for me!

by Kelsey from Commerce, GA | August 26, 2014

I have wanted a Nissan Murano since 2009 when an old boss of mine purchased a new one! After graduating college and gaining employment, purchasing a home, getting married and gaining a step daughter I was finally able to trade in a smaller crossover for my dream car! Jasper Jeep in Jasper, GA helped me make this happen! I highly recommend this vehicle for anyone with a growing family and I highly recommend Jasper Jeep!

Overall Nice Car

by 2nd Murano from Wisconsin | March 23, 2014

I owned an older Murano, and had very few problems except for a passenger window that sometimes refused to stay closed and a transmission that gave me some problems toward the end (I guess common with older Muranos). But I am even happier with my 2012 and all the extras it offers me!

Don't let reviews fool you

by Traveling people from Lake Bridge La | October 5, 2013

We owned.... 3 Muranos none never gave us any problems my husband decided to buy a new 2012 Murano end of last year we love it more. It's more fun with the performance and a full sized luxury SUV with its earned money in quality. Bose and Navi are amazing as the heated steering wheel is perfect on with a much more quality ride. The Murano has lots of room space as the second-third row seating folds flat into floor giving bit more room space for the trunk or putting something larger inside the cabin. It gets mint mpg and i love the bluetooth settings, 6 disc in-CD, leather seats, panorama moon roof, rear view camera, heated outside mirrors and seats, 20" wheels are perfect. It's a nice top of the line SUV with more comfortable seats and interior. We owned a 2005, 2009 and 2012 model but we loved the last model more from better upgrades and it has a much quieter firm ride to it none never given us trouble with maintenance and oil changes this one seems reliable as well with 33K miles mostly is highway as just had taken into service garage for oil changes and tire rotations.

Most luxurious car I've owned

by Wilsy from Adams County, Ohio | July 15, 2013

Love to drive this vehicle, so smooth and easy to handle. great gas mileage taking into account the size of the engine, very luxurious car. My husband loves to drive it!

Great car to drive.

by Bricke from Green Bay WI | June 27, 2013

I bought my 2012 in May 2013. Handles like no other SUV I drove. Quite drive train and a smooth ride. Love this ride. I am in Real Estate and I am in my car alot.

My first Murano

by Storm from Denver, CO | April 30, 2013

Very reasonably priced! Stylish and sophisticated SUV without breaking the bank! Looking forward to driving it until its unable to go any further and purchase a newer one!