Introduced last year, the NV is Nissan's first attempt at gaining a share in the full-size van category. Offered in either normal or high-top body styles, the NV competes with the Ford E-Series and GM's Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana vans.
The Nissan NV Cargo is available in three versions: 1500, 2500HD and 3500HD. In addition, the NV 3500HD can be ordered as a standard-roof passenger van providing room for up to 12 people. Nissan also offers the new NV200, which is a compact commercial van that's covered separately in the Cars.com Research section.
New for 2013
There are no significant changes for 2013.
The NV has the front of a pickup truck and the back of a cargo van. Buyers have the choice of two body styles for the cargo van: a high-top roof or standard roof. The side door, located on the passenger side, slides open to provide more than 40 inches of accessibility to the cargo area. That's wide enough for a forklift to load a pallet into the NV. The low step-entry height makes it easier to load cargo and for passengers to enter the cabin.
Toward the rear, two doors swing out to a securable 90 degrees and can swing wider to open to 243 degrees. Nissan integrated mounted door magnets to prevent the cargo doors from shutting due to strong wind gusts or uneven terrain. Exterior features include:
- Standard-roof NV models fit in most garages and through most drive-through lanes
- Standard 17-inch steel wheels, available chrome and silver painted wheels (NV passenger van)
- Available chrome bumper and side mirrors
- Available privacy glass
Designers at Nissan took the idea of a "mobile office" to the next level. Standard features include boxed wheel wells, a rear-door storage compartment and a large, versatile center console that features space for hanging files. There are many convenient storage spaces throughout the NV's interior, including ones under the seats, hidden in the driver's seat corner and overhead in vans equipped with the high roof. Nissan also offers a few high-tech options for the NV, including Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity and a touch-screen navigation system.
Buyers who opt for the NV passenger van get seating for up to 12. There are various power outlets throughout the cabin. Interior features include:
- Standard roof provides up to 234.1 cubic feet of cargo room; high roof offers 323.1 cubic feet
- Standard heavy-duty waterproof vinyl seats
- Available heated leather seats (passenger van)
- Fits up to two 40-by-48-inch pallets (cargo van)
- Six standard floor-mounted D-rings for securing cargo (cargo van)
- Available cargo lighting with three dome lights (cargo van)
- Available 120-volt outlets
- Fold-flat passenger seat provides a flat work surface
- Available cruise control
- Available USB connectivity
Under the Hood
Two engines are available for the rear-wheel-drive NV. A standard 4.0-liter V-6 engine puts out 261 horsepower and 281 pounds-feet of torque. The available 5.6-liter V-8 makes 317 hp and 385 pounds-feet of torque. Mechanical features include:
- Both engines work with a five-speed automatic transmission
- V-6 can tow up to 7,000 pounds when properly equipped
- V-8 can tow up to 9,500 pounds when properly equipped
- Runs on regular gas
Safety features include:
- Four-wheel-disc antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system
- Available side-impact airbags
- Available side curtain airbags
- Available backup camera
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2013 Nissan NV Cargo NV3500 HD.