1995 Nissan Pathfinder

$578–$4,998

15 city / 18–19 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

My first truck and it's been a good running truck.

by Jennifer from Michigan | June 6, 2012

I have a black 95' Pathfinder SE V6. It runs and drives great. Not too bad on gas it takes me about $50 to fill the gas tank all the way up. It runs good in any weather condition. No matter what it always runs and drives. It does have rust here and there. The engine sounds very smooth doesn't sound loud. I prefer the old model Pathfinders they look better they may not be as big as the newer models. But the newer models are too boxy they kind of remind me of the style of a van or something. 1995 pathfinders look better the styling and everything. The pathfinder is a good truck. It's reliable, easy to park and maneuver around in. It's a 4 door which is good so you can go on drives with friends, kids, or pets. It's comfortable to drive. I love my pathfinder I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Great solid Truck/SUV

by volvo dude delaware from Wilmington,DE | May 13, 2010

My partner bought this 95 Pathfinder LE with all option back in 01(with 90 K miles) since then it has served us very well. Never had any major problems other than regular maintenance. Now it's got 140 K miles and the engine starts leaking , but then again, it is a 15 years old truck ! RUST RUST seems to be the biggest prob. We covered the rust on the bumper and repainted. Now it looked like a Classic Pathfinder ! :) Oh btw it only gets 14 MPG city driving ...sucks when the gas hits 4$ / gallon Overall still a good used truck

Love Mine!

by Amanda from Minnesota | January 26, 2010

I bought my 1995 Pathfinder used in 2007. I love this beast! It certainly is not the most attractive SUV out there [I dented the front end and removed the top racks with my garage door] but it runs like a champ. At approximately 136K miles, only things that have been replaced have been the brakes before I bought it, the radiator [weakened in the accident in '07] and the ignition key. The clutch is still the original and works just fine. The bearings do grind some but it doesn't affect the performance at all. Just makes a slightly irritating sound. I will say that the 4WD can be slightly difficult to engage, but I'm a 5' tall female. It handles beautifully in the snow [as long as you have decent tires]. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone. I will cry when mine bites the dust.

Worst car I ever owned !

by jake from Newville Pa | June 29, 2009

Had a 92 Pathfinder and loved it bought a used 95 Pathfinder wish I never would of bought it. I had the vechile for 4Years It has been nothing but trouble I keeps shutting off without warning when driving. They replaced the computer but that didn't fix the problem called Nissian and they won't even back up thier vechile they said it was are problem. Been to about four garges and they can't come up with a answer also the frame rusted out on both sides and had to be welded.

1st "old car" Ive owned, but most reliable...

by Elaine from SoCal/Az | July 5, 2008

yes, this vehicle was a hand me down, but to say the least, of course it is an older vehicle, but i got it, it was babied and well taken care of and has yet to "rust" or leave me stranded. Of course its not the coolest thing to drive but it is very reliable and does well. Not recomended though for highway driving, im only going to keep it around for towing and hauling stuff.

Worst Vechicle I Ever Owned

by Not a fan from Central WI | August 27, 2007

The vechicle drives well in the snow, but that is about it. The tranmission went out around 70,000 miles. The starter is hard to change and the pins on the calipers wear out before the break pads do. The exhaust manifold leaks and is not easy to change. The vechicle is only 10 years old, the body is just starting to rust, but the frame is almost rusted through. I have vechicles twice this age with less rust. Use caution if the vechicle is around salt in the winter. Almost everything is designed to make it hard to work on. I would not buy this vechicle again.

Steady decline...

by Traveler from Vermont | May 31, 2007

Had the truck for 10 years, new starter, new brakes, rebuilt transmission, manifold leak (recently becoming constant), water pump failed, windshield leaks, power locks are haunted in wintertime, power window motor is stuck in molasses, roof rack holds way beyond the 80 lb limit (canoe, box, basket, luggage, etc - all at once) with two mtn bikes on rear tire gate, hydraulix gone on rear hatch, A/c belt wears out after 20K miles - replaced thrice, BUT, we've had the dang thing for nigh unto 10 years and 120K miles. So what'd we expect? A solid vehicle, but those little bits are wearing us out.

Runs like a champ!

by Chino_XXL from Nashville, TN | January 29, 2007

Even though newer Pathfinders can be bought for roughly the same price, I prefer the '90-'95 styling over the next generation Pathfinder. It looks boxy, tough and rugged, not round or soft, like the way an SUV should look. Not the best on gas, but better than most other SUV's. The vehicle runs solid, and is very dependable. A new starter was installed recently, and turned out to be quite affordable. The truck does have the characteristic manifold leak like all Pathfinders of the same era. Other than that, I would not be surprised if she ran another 100K miles.

Mechanical wise vehicle is excellent

by Penn State Football Fan from Pennsylvania | January 23, 2007

Very dependable vehicle - gas mileage so-so - but rust is a major issue - especially the frame - Mine in appearance is still a good looking vehicle but underneath the frame has rust holes above the rear wheels. The vehicle will no longer past inspection. Since I became aware of this problem, everytime I see a similar Pathfinder I peek at the frame and have found that is a very common problem especially in the northeast. Do a "google" Pathfinder frame rust.

Best car i've owned all my life. . .

by Chris from Luzerne, PA | September 4, 2006

i've had a 1995 nissan pathfinder for almost 3 years now, i got the car with 84,000 and it now had 117,000 miles on it, it seems like the car ran better as it gets older, and the only thing i had to change were the brakes. love the car never let me down, i would prefer this car over a lexus day. . .

Featured Services for this Nissan Pathfinder