2000 Nissan Pathfinder

Available in 6 styles:  2000 Nissan Pathfinder 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Love my 2000 Pathfinder

by Desertcatlady from Tucson, AZ | November 23, 2011

I bought it used in 2001 with 12,000 on it. Currently at 91K. Best vehicle I've ever owned, except last two years do see heavier maintenance (new rack & pinion - ouch, new timing & drive belts, both front CV boots). Love the temp. controlled seats, Bose sound system. Lousy gas mileage, but improvements in that haven't been that great in the newer Pathfinders; besides, the new ones are ugly and too big. Hope to get another 100K on this. Such a reliable vehicle.

The best vehicle I've ever owned.

by Doctor_q2 from Seattle WA | April 18, 2011

I test drove a 4Runner SR5 and it just was not my style. The Toyota felt too bubbly and bouncy and felt like sitting in a sadan on stereoids. The Pathfinder just fit me right from the beginning, and that's just my personal opinion... My 2000 Pathfiner SE, 5 speed manual, 4x4, rear differential locks was bought new in late 1999, in Boulder CO and I drove it for 11 years before trading it in for a sport sedan recently. I have nothing but good things to say about Nissan and my 2000 Pathfinder SE. This truck was solid as a rock during the 11 years when I owned it! It was great for driving around the city, a super smooth ride, comfortable and roomy. I did countless ski trips in Colorado. The truck was so much fun to drive in the snow, always very reliable, the manual transmission gave such great control and feel for the truck that it was like a tank plowing through. It was great on off road trails, taken it camping in CO and WY a lot, low gears 4x4 - awesome offroad performance. Took it out to Moab many times - no problems in the Utah desert. Towed a trailer across the country a couple of times, no problems. All I did was just the regular maintenace at the Nissan dealership. The only real service was a cluch replacement at 90K miles due to a noisy throwback bearing. That's it. I loved that truck and if I ever get an SUV again Nissan will be on top of my list. My only hope is that they are going to keep making them as they used to! Giving it 3 stars for performance only because I think it could have used a bit more power for the gas mileage it was getting but overall this is the best vehicle I've ever owned.

Most reliable SUV I have had

by darkstar from Hudson Valley, NY | March 24, 2011

I have 235,000 miles on this vehicle, and it runs as if it is new. Honest! I have done routine maintenance only... original transmission and engine still purr. The size is perfect, and it's utility is amazing. I realize that this vehicle will not keep driving on indefinitely (the Northeast weather will eventually rust it out from the "inside out"), and I will miss it when it's end of life catches up. I do not know how the newer (larger and uglier) Pathfinders compare, but this 2000 and previously owned 1991 model have been the most reliable and durable vehicles I have owned.

Very reliable

by Kia from Calgary AB, Canada | September 14, 2010

I drive one as a company vehicle. This 2000 pathfinder has over 270000km on it and has been driven very harsh as a survey truck by varioius field personel. I have been driving it for about a year and a half now and the thing doesn't want to die. I just had a peace of mind and an oil change done on it and the mechanic said there is nothing wrong with it. The engine light stays on all the time but its not a big deal. Last year I tried starting it in -25 celsius weather and no problem. Overall these are very reliable vehicles and I would buy a Nissan for its reliability.

Best I've ever owned!

by BCB from Baltimore, MD | August 28, 2009

I bought my Pathfinder when it was 2 yrs old with 24,000 miles on it. I now have 241,000 6 years later. I did replace the transmission at 178,000 but that's it. I don't even think I've had to replace a headlight. You would never know that the mileage was that high. I wish they still made this exact model because I would buy a new one in a heart beat!

Awesome truck!!

by C man from Jackson, NJ | February 13, 2009

I bought my Pathfinder over 6 years ago used with 72,000 miles on it and it has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. It now has over 200,000 miles on it and absolutely nothing major has gone wrong with this truck. Other than usual maintenance I have not put a dime into it, awesome truck and very dependable, still going strong!

Looking for this vehicle. I'll trade you.

by Steve from Wisconsin | December 3, 2007

I had a black Ford Broco II that had push button 4X4. That was in 1990. The thing cost a third of the price, never broke down, and achieved better fuel economy. In 2000 Nissan cant put in push button on a $30,000 hunk. Bought this because I wanted something new and japanese cars are supposesly so reliable. I'll say that I wish I'd kept my Ford. Have had this vehicle for three years. It's been in the shop eight times for no small thing. Engine, tranny, axle, transfer case, and so on. 30,000 for this. Who did I sell my bronco to?

6 years and I still love this car.

by Jenna from Southern New Jersey | August 21, 2006

I've sort of been shopping for a new car lately -- and I say "sort of" because I don't like anything as much as my Pathfinder! It's not too big, not too small and I love the interior design. The seats are comfortable, the dash board is sleek and efficient -- not junked up with lights and nobs. I guess the only reason I've even looked at new cars is because I can afford one -- but when it comes right down to it, i can't part with my Pathfinder. I was hoping I would like the new Acura RDX, and while I'm sure it's a blast to drive, I'm not sure I like the looks of it. The inside seems sort of busy or something. So for now I'll stick with my trusted Pathfinder.

Pathfinder is dependable and awesome!

by Paul's Pathfinder from Concord, NH | May 31, 2006

The ride is excellent... very smooth compared to the Grand Cherokee I owned and hated. This vehicle is the best in it's class with a close tie to the 4-runner. The bose stereo is awesome!! The only con is the performance but Nissan took car of that for the 2001 with a huge boost in horses. I would buy another one and you should too!