2003 Nissan Pathfinder

Available in 4 styles:  2003 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 shown

Overall

Excellent Vehicle

by Pathlover from San Angelo, TX | July 14, 2014

This is my second Pathfinder. Before this one I owned a 1992 and was impressed enough with it that after 215,000 miles and still running great, I stuck with the Pathfinder. Everybody else I knew preferred the 4Runner until riding in my Pathfinder. The 3.5 liter engine is incredible! not only in power but reliability. I am a bit obsessive when it comes to maintenance but I have NEVER had any mechanical issues with the vehicle. Although I do love the vehicle and probably sound a bit biased, I do have some criticisms for the Pathfinder. It is a LOUD vehicle. Forget talking in a regular toned voice while driving. COMPLETELY forget about talking on your cell phone. It also can ride a bit harsh. Some people are more sensitive than others to the ride, but it can be rough at times. Lastly, it is a bit of a gas guzzler. But overall I would say it is one of the best designed and built SUVs around and would easily and happily recommend it as a fantastic vehicle.

Best Rig I've ever owned

by NADM from Portland, OR | September 15, 2013

Bought my 2003 with 14,000 miles on it after it spent the first few months of its life as a rental in Hawaii. I now have over 225,000 miles on it and no major repairs except the normal stuff. Needs new shocks & struts. I did about $1,500 of normal maintenance a few years back. Now I just do the high mileage synthentic and other fluids. It burns a little oil, but no drips. Still gets up and goes. Very comfortable. Many, many trips to the ski slopes and never an issue or chains necessary. Sometimes I look at new rigs and want heated seats or an ipod, but I love this car.

Great Vehicle

by NissanPathDriver from Upstate NY | June 30, 2012

This vehicle drives great. Bought it second hand in 2007 with 45,000 miles and now has reached 80,000 miles. Haven't had any problems with it yet, knock on wood! Living in Upstate NY, you need to have a good car for those snowy days, and this car holds great during the winter. The only thing I dislike about this vehicle is the gas mileage.

Great SUV

by SUVDriver from New Jersey | November 19, 2011

This SUV is extremely reliable and fun to drive. Has great pick-up and handles great. It's not too big or too small, just the right size. Other than routine maintenance, tires, etc., I've never had any additional expenses for 80,000 miles. Runs like a champ. Would definitely buy another one.

Love it until all the problems started

by 2003 SE from NJ | July 21, 2011

I bought my SUV new in 2003. Performance is great (it picks up when I needed too). Gas is average. However, I have had to replace the engine (luckily it was covered by warranty) and the normal maintenance (tires changed....). For the past year, my SUV has been swaying from side to side, gas guage is broken (cost= $1200) and now is making rattling noises. The dealer can not say what it is exactly. I will not go with another Nissan because this is my 2nd one that I have to get rid of because of problems!

Great, reliable SUV

by Johnason14 from Ohio | May 14, 2011

Owned a Pathfinder for almost 8 years, never had any issues with it. Ran well and I loved the 4 wheel drive, I live where it snows a lot and with this truck I never had any problems. Gas mileage is decent for a 4 wheel drive vehicle.

Guzzler

by Sport-39530 from Las Vegas, NV | February 11, 2011

I leased this vehicle brand new, the only thing I disliked about this vehicle was the gas mileage. The engine has great power but when you put the pedal to the metal, you better hurry to find a fuel station. The features on the SE model was excellent. I love the feature where you can let the windows down by remote outside the vehicle to let the heat out. Sad to say, I got out of that lease early and purchased a brand new 2005 Altima 2.5S and would not trade it for anything in the world.

Solid as a Rock

by Lifetime Pathfinder Owner from MIddlesex, NJ | January 20, 2011

Bought my Pathfinder SE new. Now have 122,000 miles on it. I changed the battery once and the tires a couple times. Aside from that, 1 headlamp and 1 license plate light had to be replaced. Car runs like new. NOthing shakes or rattles. I love that I can pin it when I need to and rocket out and around other cars. This engines awesome. The mesh seats are great in my SE, and breakdust never sticks to my rims like you see on $70,000 sprots cars. Only complaint is back shocks. When I have 2-3 people in back seat its kinda bouncy, but I'm usually commuting so rarely an issue. I'll be drivingthis thing when it hits 300k miles!

I'm in love with my truck. Is that wrong?

by Pathfinder Lover from MA | June 4, 2010

Seriously, I love my truck. I've never enjoyed owning a vehicle as much as my 2003 pathfinder. My wife thinks I'm nuts the way I talk about it. We have to move abroad soon and I am reluctantly selling it, but even right now I am trying to find a way to bring it with me. Last night a guy looked at it and said ihewould keep it on the street, and I'm considering not selling it to him unless he builds a garage. It runs great, never a problem, jumps off the line, and it looks great. I love my truck.

Like my Pathy

by cucu*** from NY | May 19, 2010

This is just a follow up review. I've owned mine for almost four years. It is still returning some good mile/gallon. Has plenty of power around curves ir straight line. Don't mistaken it is not a rocket, but if you step on it (like I do) because some guy on fornt isn't fast enough for you, this thing will pick itself up and go. it is powerful, no doubt about it. I jsut purchased my replacement shocks and struts, mine are giving up around 73k miles. But I expected that to happen. Mchanically speaking this baby is reliable. Just make sure you care for it ( I put synthetic oil at every oil change) This thing not only looks good, but it sounds good too. The engine runs nice and smoothly.