The Nissan Pathfinder is a body-on-frame sport utility vehicle with three rows of seats. It's the smaller sibling to Nissan's full-size Armada. The Pathfinder comes in S, SE and LE trims with the V-6; the V-8 is only available in the LE. Competitors include the Jeep Commander and Ford Explorer. It seats seven.
New for 2010
There are no significant changes for 2010.
The Pathfinder features short overhangs and pronounced fender flares. The rear door handles are placed vertically on the C-pillars, and the SUV has an integrated front bumper. The Pathfinder's grille design is similar to the Armada.
- 16-, 17- or 18-inch alloy wheels
- Standard power mirrors
- Optional running boards
- Optional automatic headlamps
- Optional heated mirrors
- Optional power moonroof
- Tailgate's glass window can flip up independent of hatch
Seven-passenger seating includes split, folding second and third rows. The front passenger seat also folds. The second-row seat is split 40/20/40. The 50/50-split third row folds into the floor with the head restraints in place. Eight utility hooks are installed in the rear cargo area, and storage is provided under the second-row seats.
- Available cloth or leather seating surfaces
- Optional dual-zone automatic climate control
- Optional heated front seats
- Optional Bose audio system
- Optional DVD entertainment system with 7-inch color monitor
- Optional navigation system
- Optional heated steering wheel
Under the Hood
The Pathfinder is available with either a V-6 or V-8 engine. All Pathfinders have a five-speed automatic transmission. When properly equipped, the Pathfinder can tow up to 7,000 pounds. A tow-hitch receiver is standard, and the SUV can have rear- or four-wheel drive, which includes automatic and low-range modes.
- 266-horsepower, 4.0-liter V-6 with 288 pounds-feet of torque
- 310-hp, 5.6-liter V-8 with 388 pounds-feet of torque
- Five-speed automatic transmission
- Rear-wheel drive; part-time or full-time four-wheel drive
Safety features include:
- Standard side-impact and side curtain airbags
- Standard antilock braking system with electronic brake-force distribution
- Standard electronic stability and traction control
- Optional rearview camera