2014 Nissan Pathfinder

Starting MSRP

Overall

Very Pleased

by Love Autos from York, PA | January 3, 2015

Bought 2014 Pathfinder in Oct. '13 & have not been disappointed. My wife and I are very pleased with this SUV. It is comfortable, handles well & the controls are laid out perfectly. We have had no issues with this car what so ever! We reviewed & test drove many models when shopping to include Highlander, MDX, CX9 & Explorer & the Pathfinder which is hands down #1 in our opinions.

Reliable Value of money

by Noman from Doha, Qatar | October 27, 2014

I own a 2014 SV US based Model in Qatar only 12000 Kms driven in a year. Its a beautiful mid range SUV with excellent interior and good exterior and smooth drive. However, I noticed few things 1. The Black molding on the roof is coming out. The issue was there since beginning. When I reported the dealer said, its a design issue. 2. The front bumper both edges under the indicator have poor alignment, its a bit outwards. The dealer said the same for this. 3. Is the common issue on this forum: Shuddering on 40Kms speed and 1000 RPM since the very beginning. When I reported they replaced the CVT but with the new one, It happened again and they changed it again. So far, I have driven it around 100 kms.. didnt notice it happening again. Lets See... Otherwise... Its the best Family Size vehicle and I recommend it.

Completely happy after six weeks

by Mike from | October 8, 2014

So I read all of the bad reviews about the transmission issues and can happily report that I have experienced no issues at all after 6 weeks / 1500 miles (knock on wood). After comparing with the top-level 2015 Honda Pilot, the Platinum Pathfinder was head and shoulders above the Pilot in terms of interior comfort / luxury. It almost feels like your're in an Infiniti SUV instead of a Nissan. I am completely satisfied with my Platinum Pathfinder thus far.

MOST CAR FOR THE MONEY

by GRAVELGERTIE2 from IRVING, TEXAS | October 1, 2014

I TRIED SEVERAL OTHER NEW CARS AND CAME BACK TO NISSAN. MOST QUALITY FOR THE MONEY. ONLY THING I WISH IT HAD ROOM FOR A TRASH CAN. BUT I WILL FIND A WAY. EXXCEPTIONAL CAR.

So Fl. Driver

by Clint R. from West Palm Beach, FL | September 23, 2014

Good: This vehicle is very smooth and it drives like a car instead of a truck. Medium: The interior on my SV model looks a little cheaper than I would like but it will do. Bad: This vehicle gives nothing close to the highly touted 20 city miles per gallon. I have had the car for a month now and I am still getting only 17 MPG.

transmisson problems

by sockeye from mesa Az | September 3, 2014

We owned a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder that was the best cat we ever owned. Super good car. Time for a new car, well Nissan Pathfinder was what we wanted. Bad choice, brake recall, airbag recall, trim molding blew off, and the worst of all three trans. I go in on 9/4 14 to see about "WHAT'S THE PROBLEM"? Think twice before you buy a New Nissan Pathfinder right now.

Excellent Value

by Family of 4 from Cedarburg, WI | August 15, 2014

We are extremely happy with the 7 passenger Nissan Pathfinder. The 3rd row comfortably fits our adult size teenagers with plenty of leg room, something so uncommon for 7 passenger vehicles. Comfort, style, reliability, at an affordable price made Nissan stand out to us. We looked at and drove almost all 7 passenger SUV's and this was by far the most comfortable, drives like a car and not a truck. Amato Nissan was outstanding to deal with.

Driving is fun again

by Ex-minivan owner from Dallas, TX | August 7, 2014

Purchased this car new about a month ago. So far it has been great and driving is fun again. Here are the primary reasons we purchased: 1. Interior head room. I am 6'6". It has the most front head room, both on paper in and reality, though I will say some of the competitors were pretty good too even though on paper you wouldn't have thought so. Even the driver's backmost position is almost too far even for my height but 2nd row does not get impacted. 2. 4WD - we were looking for something with optional 4WD, not all the time AWD. 3. Ride - the ride is fantastic. The perfect blend of comfort and sport. We have gone on two out of state trips already and it makes long trips a breeze. 4. Sliding 2nd row - not a class exclusive feature but Nissan's implementation is about perfect. Getting into 3rd row is easier than a minivan. 5. MPG/horsepower - We so far have been getting about 23mpg combined. I am not the most aggressive driver but when you need it the power is there. Recently hauled 5 adults and two kids easily. Noticeable impact on power but as expected really. 6. CVT - This is possibly the controversial item both from perception and reliability. I don't miss the shifting personally and would say I now prefer it over an automatic. Too soon to speak about reliability but so far none of the shuddering and other problems some of reported with the CVT. Overall, we are very pleased so far.

Awesome Ride

by Akhil Sharma from Atlanta GA | August 6, 2014

I bought mine in 2013 and will soon be doing 1 year on it with 13k+ miles. I have done extensive towing and a lot of city and highway driving. Trip to florida gave 25 mpg as said by the onboard computer. In city the mpg is 15-16. I will double check manually as some folks stated that onboard mpg reporting in not 100% accurate. I have no issues with the vehicle. I did experience shudder a few times (may be 10 times while driving 12k miles), but dealership reprogrammed it and it has almost gone now. Plus, it is said it is not totally unexpected or not a flaw. I think, some people just get too worried and get their transmission replaced and post a bad review about an awesome vehicle. I drive it daily for commute to work and with kids. It is pretty comfortable to drive. I have SL model which doesn't have all the high end features but with whatever we have in there, we are very pleased. Feels like a luxury ride. Very smooth, good control, light steering, great looks, decent interior. Some of the dashboard controls took me some time to get used to. Sits 7 easily, kids in the back seat. The size of the vehicle is pretty good. Other SUVs of this type are either too low on MPG or aren't big/wide enough. Overall, no regrets and all love for my Pathfinder SL Arctic Blue. I give it 4 star because I feel they could have removed the shudder 100%. Some people worry about the 2 recalls, but looks at the recall description. They are very normal and nothing big. Like have high tire pressure for spare tyre and sensitivity of the passenger airbag. No big deal. But some people want 0 recalls, whatsoever.

Issues since delivery

by Disappointed in NY from Hudson Valley, NY | August 5, 2014

I love my Pathfinder except for the issues I had and currently have. To begin, the panoramic moon roof leaked. Needless to say there were water stains in the interior. I must admit, the dealer and Nissan handled this issue well. I'm very lucky to say I have not experienced transmission trouble. However, I do have a faulty passenger side air bag. I have read several others have this problem with their Pathfinders (and other models). Unfortunately, Nissan's standard responses seem to be "cannot duplicate the problem", "it works properly", "bring your car to another Nissan dealer to see if they can correct the problem". Hello...Nissan, this is a very big safety issue. Fix the problem!