See Also: 1996 Nissan 4x2 Truck

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Amazing little pickup

by Tes from | February 1, 2013

Reliable, Low maintenance, great gas mileage, economic and outstanding longevity. My dad passed this truck onto me and although I wasn't too impressed with the interior design I quickly noticed how perfect this truck is.

Very Good Truck to Own

by Hard Body Owner from RockHill, SC | May 10, 2010

What a wonderful truck. I bought my 1996 Nissan Hardbody in June 1996 Brand New. I have driven it for the last 14 years with very little maintenance. I have done no engine work other than a tune up or two. I currently have 277K miles on the truck and it runs just as good as when I bought it. I replace the clutch at 200Kmiles and have replaced the AC Clutch two over the years. I drive about 400 miles per week to work around town.. I would buy another one but my plan is to take this one over 300K miles in 2011....

1996 Nissan XE 2W drive PU

by Dink from Mobile,AL | January 3, 2009

Nice for the money. Improvements could be better affixed window and bumper guards and side strips. Inside headliner needs to be improved. Also panel needs more lighting. Mine always runs on the cool side so idle must be set a little higher than usual. I get 26MPG with mostly highway driving. Probably 24city 28hwy. Very poor if you're driving in strong winds without a cover for the bed!

best bang for your buck

by sam from winter haven, fl | November 18, 2006

This vehicle has been put through pure hel by my brother and myself (towing more than the recommended capacity, pulling stumps out of the ground etc.) and with one of the most reliable, fuel efficient, high performance engines of it's time, you just cant go wrong. 155,000 miles and kickin as hard as ever.

A reliable little truck that still has style

by ebill66 from New York for 5 years and Washington for 5 years | August 22, 2006

I've had my 1996 2wd, manual transmission, 4 cyl extended cab harbody pickup for 9 years now, bought it used in 1997 with about 9k miles on it, it now has 92k. These trucks can get over 200k to 250k miles on original equipment (and I've read stories of more) if maintained... great value and dependibility. I've had: a fuel pump fail at about 80k, a starter go bad at about 85k and the front end is getting a little tired now and probably will need some extensive work in the next 10k to 15k. I drive mostly city and highway, no real offroading (just fire roads, it is a 2wd with a lil' engine.) I get about 23 mpg with mixed city and highway use. The truck I have will haul about 1000 pounds in the bed before the suspension has little or no swing... the truck is not a power house, but it can get alot of jobs done. I'm very happy with mine... I bought it because a friend with an 85 Nissan pickup (back in 97) had 187K and it was still going strong.

Featured Services for this Nissan 4x4 Truck