2004 Nissan Quest

Available in 3 styles:  2004 Nissan Quest 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Awful Minivan

by Tired from Fredericksburg, VA | November 25, 2014

I use to love the Quest. I had a 94 Quest for 10 years with no issues. Bought the 04 Quest new and after hitting 100,000 miles have had nothing but problems and too much money being put into this van. The check engine light kept coming on. The timing chain and water pump were replaced. It worked for a while and started acting up again. I would be sitting at a light and would have to shift into park or neutral to give it gas to avoid it cutting off on me. The senors were changed numerous times, would work for a while and then act up. I finally had the engine oil changed and the mechanic said there was sludge in it. He cleaned it out and said to only use Castrol and certain other oils that I can't think of at the moment. Now each time I get an oil change, I have them clean out the sludge and add Castrol, no more problems. The radio has stopped working. I only get static and a clicking sound. The DVD player is still working. The digital milage and gas displays some of the numbers. One of the rear lights keeps falling out of the ceiling. The van rattles so much on the inside, doors rattle, 3rd row seat rattles and has rattled since I had it. The dealer had it 3 times but could never fix the rear seat rattle. The van is roomy and has a nice ride. The headrest are uncomfortable on long trips. Good gas milage but with the other issues, it's not worth it. I will NEVER purchase another Nissan...EVER!!! I like the style of Nissan vehicles but...NOT.

2004 Nissan Quest SL

by Mom o' four from Ottawa Ontario | August 9, 2013

We bought the Quest 2 months after our 4th child was born. He is now 9 and we still have him and the van ;) Prior to this we had a Grand Caravan and before that a Ford Explorer SUV. I love this van, I plan to drive it until the wheels fall off or the kids all move out. It has lots of room, love the dip in the rear for packing. We have fit ski and snowboard gear plus luggage for all of us in easily (just had to pop the bindings off a couple of snowboards to slide them under the seats) It drives beautifully on the highway, nice in town. Lots of room in the cabin, we do travel with everyone (including a large dog) and are all comfy. The turning radius is not great so parking in tight spots can be tricky. I do like that the engine has some attitude as I can be a bit of a leadfoot. Milage is fair, 11.4litres per 100km, The one we have is loaded with leather seats, seat warmers, AC, DVD system, etc. No issues with any of these. Maintenance has been reasonable, just had the rotors and brakes redone (2nd time in 177 000km for the rotors) and some front end work. Averaging about $2000-3000 per year for maintenance in a 9 year old vehicle is not so bad. We have not had any of the typical issues (water leakage, early brake wear etc.) I need new tires soon but have not found this excessive either, I still have the factory summers, and it is my front snows that are wearing down. One thing now is the back hatch has been acting up and occasionally sticks requiring someone to crawl in the back to pop it. This is new and I will have the dealer look at it at our next service. The reason we bought this van is that the Caravan kept breaking down and I needed something reliable. This van has been that and more. Would definitely buy another!

Money pit

by Family man from Lakeland | February 12, 2013

The engine and transmission are solid and quite powerfull, but everything else is falling apart. Motor mounts, wheel assemblies, switches, modules, hoses, you name it. It chews up brakes and tires unlike any car I've owned. I've spent thousands on maintanance and repairs, and the alignment is constantly off and is always shredding the tires. I can't get 10,000 miles out of my tires. Repairs are nearly twice as much because the engine and electronics are sardine-packed. Worst vehicle I've ever owned by far.

Nissan Quest To My Wallet

by Alex from Santa Paula, CA | December 12, 2012

Where to begin, we bought this van back in 06 with around 32k miles, it was the best looking mini van, SE package with electric doors/trunk, leather and the works. First off, the sunroof leaks! Every time it rains that sunroof leaks like there is no tomorrow. We took it in to Nissan because there was a recall, and they fixed it but it came back. Horrible experience with Nissan so we kept it like that, we don't get much rain in L.A. anyway. The center console looks amazing, until the paint starts to peel off, I'm not sure what caused it, maybe with the sun, but the whole center console its a disaster because of this, the shifter silver color its also fading, the leather steering wheel its also losing its color and turning a dark brown. The ceiling mount that has all the holders and lights, rattles badly! It used to give us a horrible headache on long trips, we took in to Nissan (again) and it was going to cost us over $1k to replace it....not worth it. the tire pressure sensors went bad, all four of them. So the low pressure sensor was on the whole time, it was $75 each x 4, not worth it. The brake pads/rotors were a major expense, we had to replace brake pads every 10k miles! that van went trough brake pads like crazy! Check engine light would come on and off, we did the 80k mile service and it was still there, we had to replace the CO2 sensor which was another $600 bucks. The electric doors would consistently get jammed. Overall it was a total disaster, I just traded it for a 2011 Ford Focus since our kids no longer use a booster seat, and we traded in our 04 quest with 109k miles 6 years later. Nightmare mini van, very confortable but I should of gone with the Honda van instead.

Safest vechicle I ever Owned

by Bill from Philadelphia | January 29, 2012

Did not realize how smart was my selection untill one day some nut rammed allmost @ 60 mile speed on the diriver side and the only reason I am alive because of Quest van's safety standards.

Quest has served us well

by Family and Sports lover from Buffalo, NY | November 2, 2011

I bought the 2004 Quest brand new in 2003 and owned for 7 years. It excels in the area of comfort and convenience. Road trips are a joy with the flexible and comfortable interior and dual screens to watch movies. I know no other vehicle that has a better or more comfortable ride. Other than making sure that a wheel alignment is done every year and rotating the tires, I don't have any other recommendations. This vehicle tends to be hard on tires for some reason. We replaced the timing belt at 100,000 miles and I am sure it is good for its next 100,000 at least.

We love our weird looking minivan!

by Car Guy Daddy from Richmond, VA | May 7, 2011

The Quest has been a wonderful minivan to own. A powerful V6, interesting interior & exterior styling, & very comfortable. The center stack gauge cluster takes a while to get used to, especially at night. We haven't had a single major problem with our Quest. I highly recommend it.

Nice van with one issue

by RJ from Florida | March 7, 2011

timing chain issues if the engine whines when pressing the gas. costly repair 1500 dollars at nissan and could have ruined my valves if broke down on the road. plastic tensioners wear down rather quickly even the dealerships are doing a lot of timing chain replacing. I now had a new one installed and I recommend a mechanic look at this problem on any used quest before committing to purchase it. This may be my last nissan I buy for I have owned nissans for over 30 yrs now.

Our Quest helped save our lives.

by Thankful Mom from | July 15, 2010

We owned a 2004 Quest for nearly 5 years. I intended to drive it until the doors fell off. But a fully loaded dump truck changed that plan. We were in a front end crash that totaled the van. We were hit by the dump truck and also hit an embankment. The length and weight of the Quest reduced the kinetic energy that moved through the vehicle due to the impact. The front end crash zone worked beautifully. My 2 young children were in the middle row in their car seats and seat belts. They were not physically injured. We were all able to walk away from a crash that would have been fatal in a standard vehicle. I loved my Quest before the crash and I love her even more now. I WILL get another Quest. The space is awesome! The wide seats are great. Having no middle console allowed me to walk through the entire vehicle. This is a huge safety bonus when dealing with kids in a parking lot or rest area since I could stay in the car and keep doors locked. It is also easier in rainy weather to load everyone, including Mom, in through one door quickly. There were a few minor issues like one of the side door lights popping loose when we hit a bump and a rear a/c vent cover that came loose when adjusted. But after experiencing that crash and being saved by the size of this van, who cares about those minor things. Thanks Nissan for making such a safe family vehicle. I am looking forward to owning another Quest.

AWESOME

by RB VAN from FLORIDA | May 22, 2010

I HAVE 94 AND NOW A 2004 AND WILL BUY A 2014 WHEN AVAILABLE OF COURSE. JUST TAKE ONE FOR A DRIVE AND YOU WILL BUY ONE.

Featured Services for this Nissan Quest