2005 Nissan Quest

Available in 4 styles:  2005 Nissan Quest 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Never buy another

by Car guy from Los Angeles, Ca. | December 3, 2010

Reading reveiws ,wonder if I've got a lemon. Bought this van new and pleased with the look and comfort. Constant rattle noise coming from side door. Driver power window went out but covered with warranty.The big problem is the brake system in these vehicles. Had brakes and rotors turned around 15,000. I have 50,000 on this and doing these rotors again for the 4 th. time The 3 rd. was just 3,000 ago.No satisfaction from dealer and less from Nissan Corp.if ever a recall.Corp agent had an additude also.I'll pay more for the Honda next.

Disappointed with Nissan

by Quest Soccer Mom from Dallas/Forth Worth, Texas | August 20, 2010

We have had this car for 5 years this September of 2010. We bought it brand new. I love the features it has. We have the top of the line model of the SE with Skyview and Dual DVD player screens. The luxury of the van is wonderful. My only complaint is the mechanical features of this van. Nissan has a cheaply made plastic protection under the front part of the car that has come apart twice. It's put back together with plastic tabs. The transmission also started slipping at 40,000 and we were able to get that covered. Now the engine has a faint knocking sound and when we took it to the dealer at least twice about it, they couldn't hear the knocking. We have taken it back for the 3rd time in the last 8 months and have found out that the teeth that hold the chain to turn the engine is failing and was quoted $2100 to repair since they have to pull the engine out to fix this. We started to hear the noise at 63,000 miles and the warranty ended at 60,000. Not sure if I want to own another Nissan again. Will probably stick with Hondas.

Excellent value and reliability

by Soccer Dad from New England | April 28, 2010

Bought a 2005 Quest new and now have 4 kids and 90,000 miles on it...so I feel very qualified to review. This car was an excellent value and has been extremely reliable. I love the trendy styling, the seat comfort, and the ample storage behind the 3rd row. My biggest disappointment is road noise, but you probably need to buy a more luxurious model for that.

mucho bueno minivan

by parral from denver colorado | April 1, 2010

my wife and Iexpend a lot of hours searching for a minivan, and finally we come across the nissan quest wich happens to meet all our requirements, we have owned for 3 months so far so good

If you've gotta get a minivan...

by Racer with Three Kids from Fairfax, VA | January 29, 2010

After a lifetime of sports cars and smaller SUVs, my wife and I had baby number three. If you're looking at minivan reviews, chances are you're facing the same situation- Fight the obvious and get a crossover, or go soccer mom and get a minivan. Neither of us really desired the van, but we knew it was the right vehicle at this point in our lives. We test drove many competing vehicles, and while every one of them was missing some key thing we wish we had, the Nissan Quest ultimately won based on style, handling, and that bulletproof Nissan VQ V-6 engine. After a few months of ownership, here's what we've seen: Pros: Looks different than all the other vans in the parking lot. No seats to take out- all of the rear seats fold flat, allowing the vehicle to swallow sofas, toddler beds, and plywood with ease. Great Bose stereo. Great low-end torque. Panoramic sunroof is novel and the kids love it. Cons: Like most heavy vehicles, it's a bit on the thirsty side. We see 17 mpg city, 25 hwy. The backup sensor failed on us, and according to the web forums, this is a very common failure. Some people complain about there being no split in the rear seat, but this doesn't have any impact on us. If you end up in a position where a minivan makes sense in your life, but you want something with a little character, I'd definitely recommend taking a look at the Nissan Quest.

The room is wonderful!

by Princessmentor from Milan, GA | June 10, 2008

My parents have owned several vans, but this was their first Nissan. When shopping this time, we decided to look at the Quest because the engines in our previous vans had been made by Nissan. When the salesman opened the doors and I climbed into the back seat, I was sold! At 5'8" with very long legs, it has always been an issue of who I sat behind in a vehicle. My father is a little over 6' and he puts his seat way back. In the quest, he can scoot his seat back to the fullest and I still have enough room to cross my legs easily! Even in the 3rd row seats I have room, thanks to the 2nd row seats that have two positions. We have been very happy with this vehicle and have driven it over 60,000 miles (we bought it used with 35,000 miles on it) across many states. It's time for a new vehicle and my father, who is a shopper who is not satisfied until he drives EVERY vehicle on 15 lots, says he is not even going to look at any other vans!! The only problems we have had is a transmission failure (as of about 4 days ago) which insurance covers. I also don't care for the placement of the speedometer, but that is changed on the newer models.

love this van

by 2005 Quest enthusiast from Kansas City, MO | May 24, 2008

This is the first van I've ever owned. We are a family of 5, three being in car seats. We love the idea of side curtain airbags for our children. That and the comfort (after test driving Toyota Sienna) sold us. Love the fact that the base vehicle came with power windows, power locks, keyless entry, tinted privacy glass, and the side curtain airbags. Toyota and Honda couldn't compare in features for the price. Never had a problem with it in the three years I owned it. I totaled it out though and have been searching ever since to buy another 2005. Thankfully we found a decent used one last night!! Our first one was purchased new. I'm hoping this used one lives up to the reputation the previous one had for us.

very nice

by car freak from chicago, illinois | February 18, 2008

it is a very realiable car. I really like it. very sporty and comfertable. the gas mileage overall the for the gas is good for a minivan. it feels really strong and tough.

The Box Car

by free at last from Oregon | January 29, 2008

The Quest is very comfortable for long trips. It holds a lot--cargo and /or people. We've not had any mecahnical problems with it in 50,000 miles, except for the tires. When you buy new tires you're in for an unpleasant surprise. Nissan uses a new size tire on the Quest. There are only two manufacturers and both are expensive--$200 a tire. I was warned not to use a more conventional tire size because it would affect the spedometer and odometer. Performance is good. I got a ticket soon after I bought it for going 85 mph up a long, steep hill. Mileage is not great. We've never exceeded 23 mpg even when I'm not going 85. Basically, we are incompatible. The Quest is a big boxcar and I'm not really a mini van person. Now that my kids are flying the coop its time to get something funner and more economical.

PERFECT for traveling

by traveling mom from las cruces, nm | August 8, 2007

We've had a family of four with two children drive for 35 hours straight, across the country completely comfortable! Plenty of room for storage and convenience. Handy cubbies along lower dash holds everything from a wallet to waterless hand soap, napkins and wipies within easy reach without falling when you turn or being unsightly when friends ride! Grandpa and Grandma WANT to sit in the back!!!