2007 Nissan Quest

18 city / 25 hwy

Overall

Disappointing

by No longer a fan from Waco, TX | April 10, 2013

I bought this van with less than 30,000 miles on it, believing that I would be getting a reliable vehicle. The van just turned over 100,000 miles and I have spent more dollars on this car than any other vehicle in the last 20 years--without question. The tire sensors go out regularly, my radio/CD player stopped working as did the DVD Player. The air conditioning works poorly despite repeated attempts to improve it by the dealer--at my expense. This is my second Nissan vehicle and it will be my last!! I thought perhaps my first Nissan was just an outlier and I had some back luck. Both my car and this van have proven the point that Nissan has given up on producing a quality vehicle.

Getting ready to trade the money hog!

by Tired of the hassle from Indianapolis IN | February 2, 2013

I purchased this van new with 10 miles on it. I loved the room-it is very spacious, and I liked how it drove. Within 4 months, the odometer stopped working correctly-it shows you driving 8-10 miles less than what you are actually driving, some mornings, the odometer doesn't work at all. I currently have 102,000 miles on it, and the transmission and the timing belt are both going bad. The rear sonar died within the first 3 years, and in the wind, it is hard keeping this thing straight. The interior-rear cupholders have partially snapped off the seat, The sliding doors freeze constantly, even with parking it in the garage. The rear lift door is failing. Plan on replacing the tires every year, and there is a grinding noise in the brakes that no one can seem to fix. I loved this car for the first 3 months. Since then, that I am just dumping money in without getting any return. I am currently purchasing a new car (NOT a Nissan) and can't wait to get rid of this money pit.

Saved our lives.

by RTMitch from NC | July 17, 2012

I recently lost my 2005 Quest in a head on colision. The airbags deployed in the front and the front end was completely smashed in. The inside dashboard didn't move at all. This is a well built car and I am shopping for the exact same vehicle. No other car gets up with a quickness, doesn't make you feel like you are driving a van. It drives great with plenty of cup holders and room for passengers. The best van on the road!! BTW a car turned in front of us so as much as I love speed, speed wasn't a factor.

Quest for the perfect family vehicle

by Big Daddy from Central CT | January 4, 2012

We had a minivan for about five years but got rid of it to move into a family sedan. Six months later, we were back in a minivan, this time it was our "new" 2007 Nissan Quest. We bought this used a few months ago with 45,000 miles on it. It is fully loaded with the leather seats, multiple sunroofs and headrest-installed dual DVD screens. The pros: (1) Space!! The middle seats have more legroom than the front seats, and they have plenty themselves. (2) Horsepower!! The 3.5 engine gives them minivan nice pep (although not as much acceleration as my the 3.5 I had in my Altima which I guess is probably a good thing in the grand scheme of things) (3) the dual power sliders and power liftgate are great conveniences (4) the center console, which at first I thought I wouldn't get used to, actually has grown on me and I really kind of enjoy it now; I don't feel like I have to look down for controls, it just feels like they are part of the "cockpit" layout (5) deep well-like storage behind the back seat Cons: (1) the dual sliding doors open and close really slow which can be annoying if you are in a hurry (2) there is a squeaking/creaking when we go over a bump; I test drove several Quests before we bought this one, and only noticed it in this one and a 2006 model which also had the multiple sunroofs; I'm guessing it's function of the lack of a solid roof panel due to the multiple sunroofs; it's not life-altering, but its a little annoying (3) the 3.5 engine requires 93 octane gas which can make for pricey fill-ups; my wife is a stay at home Mom, so we don't put many miles on it, but not sure it would be cost-effective for a working parent on a tight budget with a long commute This is the third Nissan my wife and I have owned and we swear by them. Good luck in your search!!

Expected better from Nissan

by Junk in the Trunk from | August 9, 2011

I have owned nissans for the past 20 years and have always had expectations exceeded except for this one. The window in broken, the DVD player skips movies on new movies. The finishes are of poor quality. The air conditioning is not properly circulating. The car locks and windows open randomly. The car locks randomly. The doors get stuck and the seal on the window broke after 2 years of owning this car.

A Good Family Vehicle ... Drives like an Adult

by Nissan Owner from Gainesville, FL | December 8, 2010

The Nissan Quest is probably the most reliable, or one of the most reliable large vehicle in the market. One may call it a mini-van. I do think of the Quest as a minivan, because it drives more like a truck without the long hood. It does have many conveniences, like sits high on the road, but not to hight that you feel the vehicle is going to tip over. It also has space and a very fine and quite cabin! Great to listen to music or chat! I like it!!!

Very nice big vehicle

by Grandpaw from Redlands, Calif | November 22, 2008

I got a great deal on an outstanding vehicle. I like it almost as much as my crown victoria. Wife takes everyone everywhere in this vehicle. Just hope all the extras keeping working as it gets older.

handling

by Jeff from FL | January 31, 2008

annoying body roll, wish the suspension would be firmer w/o compromising straight line comfort.I'm not sure if it isn't caused by the Good Year's, since they were the only available tires in 16" until 07. Data on Michelin or Yoko's for the Quest compared to OEM are not available that much yet. Beside that excessive body roll I love it.

The 2007 model is a standout in all respects.

by Chainsaw from FL | December 16, 2006

We have owned two Quests since they were redesigned as they now are. Loved both of them. Will buy another one when ours gets tired. That is a long way off!

Functional, Reliable, Stands Out in a Crowd

by Happy Quest Man from San Diego | December 10, 2006

I'll admit, the main reason I bought this van was for the styling. I'm guy who has to drive it and this is by far the best looking minivan out there. The '07 is designed perfectly well. Everything within reach and where it should be. Performance is good and handling is exceptional for such a large vehicle. I have found no quality problems: the build is high quality inside and out. My kids love the wireless headphones and the skylight roof. The interior is very roomy. The only things that might make it better are the seats and better gas mileage. Personally, I like the seats, but it's true they are not soft, plush and big. They keep you sitting upright, with plenty of lumbar support. If you have a bad lower back, the seats are perfect, but I can understand why some would want bigger, softer seats. I guess gas mileage is average for a large minivan. I do fill it with premium, as is recommended, to get the full power output. I am very happy with it, especially when I see it sitting in the parking lot looking a lot cooler than all the Odysseys and Sienas surrounding it.

Featured Services for this Nissan Quest