The Nissan Quest is a conventional minivan with a few unique options and styling flairs that separate it from the competition. The Quest is sold in four variations: 3.5, 3.5 S, 3.5 SL and 3.5 SE. Competitors include the Dodge Grand Caravan, Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna.
New for 2009
There are no significant changes for the 2009 Nissan Quest.
The Quest features a low beltline in front that rises as it moves toward the rear. Length comes in at 204.1 inches with a 77.6-inch width. It's a bit longer than the rest of the group but is a similar width.
- Available 16- or 17-inch wheels
- Standard privacy glass on second- and third-row windows, as well as liftgate window
- Standard power liftgate (except on 3.5)
- Optional power sliding doors
- Optional automatic headlamps
The Quest seats up to seven people and has front bucket seats and an optional fixed center console between the driver and front passenger that includes a hidden storage compartment. Both the second- and third-row seats fold for more cargo room, and the third row includes folding head restraints and a spring-assisted folding feature.
Passenger volume is 211.6 cubic feet, the largest in its class. With the second and third rows folded, there's a maximum 148.1 cubic feet of cargo volume, which is about the same as the Sienna and Odyssey and just slightly more than the Grand Caravan.
- Available cloth or leather seating
- Standard power windows, locks, keyless entry and cruise control
- Standard rear air-conditioning system
- Standard audio controls for rear headphones
- Dual-zone automatic climate control (3.5 SL, 3.5 SE)
- 265-watt Bose audio system (3.5 SE)
- Optional navigation system
- Optional DVD entertainment system with one or two screens
Under the Hood
The Quest comes in front-wheel-drive format only.
- Standard 235-horsepower, 3.5-liter V-6 with 240 pounds-feet of torque
- Standard five-speed automatic transmission
- Standard front and rear stabilizer bars
There are a variety of safety features on the Quest that come as both standard and optional equipment.
- Standard side-impact and side curtain airbags
- Standard antilock braking system with brake assist
- Standard electronic stability and traction control
- Rear sonar parking assist system (optional on 3.5 S, standard on 3.5 SL and 3.5 SE)
- Rearview camera (standard on 3.5 SL and 3.5 SE)