2014 Nissan Quest

Est. MPG

19 city / 25 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Too early to know if it is a great buy.

by A Van Called Quest from Austin, TX | April 6, 2014

Coming from a 2003 Honda Pilot with nearly 200k miles I thought it would be a slam dunk that I would move on to the Honda Odyssey, but I didn't. But wait - let's start at the beginning. I am over six feet tall and my new teenage boy is already standing at six feet and one inch. He always complains about sitting in the seat behind his mother (5'7") and sitting behind me - forget about it. I went shopping for a van because I wanted captain's chairs in the second row and could only find this feature in Buick Encore and Chevy Traverse SUV's. I don't want a SUV because the fuel economy isn't great. I have two sons, I didn't want a bench for the second row where they can easily touch each other (okay fight). I looked at the Odyssey EX-L with Nav because I liked the ratings, it has cool features, and the Pilot held up well. However the price ($37,000 MSRP) was a problem and they didn't have many deals. Another problem is all the plastic on the Honda dash. I mean, really that's a lot of money for a bland interior. I looked at the Quest as almost an afterthought. I had owned Nissan/Infiniti in the past and know how much them value engine performance. Still, the outside appearance of the Quest looks like someone chopped off a part of the back. I took a test drive and really, the driver seat of the SL is comfy. I mean, I could really see doing a long drive in it. The dealer told me that Nissan has a VPP for select companies. Once I found the model that I wanted (well, close to the model I wanted) I was easily able to get the price from $36k to $30k for an SL with DVD. I didn't get a Nav because it is only offered with the top of the line $42k model. I thought I'd use my phone but who wants to use the data plan for that. Nuvi here I come. It's time to hit the road! And oh yeah, both kids love it. Kids love a minivan!

comfortable to drive seats are great

by diane's toy from fountain hills,az | February 8, 2014

I was disappointed by not getting floor mats with the car. lots of storage.. not enough colors to pick from for the car.......