2011 Nissan Rogue

22 city / 26–28 hwy

Overall

5 Years

by Mike from Bremerton WA | August 2, 2015

We bought our Rouge new in August 2011 and over all it has been the one of the best vehicles we have owned. Its closing in on 100,000 miles and still runs great. Hopefully the next one will serve us as well.

One of the best cars that I have ever owned

by MIMLBNML from SE Louisiana | June 8, 2015

I bought my 2011 Nissan Rogue SV with sunroof, navigation, and cloth interior way back in October of 2010. Having a dog, I could not have leather seats, so this car had to be brought in from 300 miles away. What attracted me to it was the smooth ride for a compact SUV and being able to hide my iPod in the center console where the USB port is located. It now has 95,000 trouble free miles and averages 27 mpg in mixed highway and city driving. Besides having a large amount of cargo space with the back seats folded down, the front passenger seat back folds forward so that a 6-foot ladder can be hauled. The ride is as good as a Lincoln Navigator. When trying to pass a slow poke, this one has no trouble, but it is also not a hot rod. This car is fantastic in rainy weather, going through puddles as if they were nothing. With a seat height of about 26 inches, it is very easy to get in and out of, which is very important for me. No problems with the CVT, because I live in a very hot climate. The seats are so comfortable that if I get sleepy on the road, I just pull over to a safe place, recline the seat and take a nap. Don't even think of doing that in a Honda. I have always had two cars to even up the mileage on very long commutes, and the iPod screen has always been very hard to read in bright sunshine compared to any other car. This was so bad that I almost wanted to trade this car in, despite the rest of it's good points. So, I got on the internet to check for anti-glare screens and stumbled across the Brightness adjustment for this screen. Duh! I felt like an idiot for tolerating this "problem" for 4 years. Once I adjusted the brightness, I had nothing left to complain about. I am now afraid to get rid of it just because it is approaching the dreaded 100K miles. The only other car that I had with more mileage than this one was a 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander, which I stupidly traded at 167K miles for fear that it's end was near. By the way, I have been known to trade cars in at less than 10,000 miles and take a big hit to get out of owning lemons. Arbitration was nothing but a joke on those models. At first, I loved the Navigation system, especially in Austin, TX. Then I hardly ever used it. Well, about a year ago, we brought along a Garmin to compare to it. The Garmin was flawless and found a gas station not shown on the Nissan. Then in Clute, TX, the Nissan navigation tried to run this car into a brick wall. Don't get rid of the car just because of that. Just quit using the navigation, which I really did not want in the first place,

LOVE IT!

by LOVE MY ROGUE from | March 13, 2015

I have had my car for a little over a year now and I love it! The price is very reasonable and the mileage is great! Great decision.

not very impresssed

by bummed from Killeen, Tx. | September 12, 2014

First car I've owned that had to have all four tires replaced at 16,000 miles. The volume knob on radio doesn't work and now,,, the car will not shift from park to reverse. Taking in to have it worked on Monday and scared to hear what the news will be. .Also not comfortable for trips longer than 2 hours.

Better than expected

by BenThere from Antioch, TN | June 27, 2014

My wife wanted something to negotiate the hills in winter where we are moving to. We researched several options and settled on the Nissan Rogue AWD. The first one we test drove was extremely noisy and rough riding. It was quite peppy and absolutely gorgeous though. The next one was quiet, had a much better ride, not quite as peppy but just as gorgeous. We purchased this one and are pleased with it, After replacing the engine air filter, it is somewhat peppier but still lags well behind the aging Quest it replaced. It is no slug but requires adjusting our merging into traffic procedures. The Rogue is clearly made with the female driver in mind, and was purchased for my wife, but it will comfortably accommodate my 6 ft 230 lb frame with no problem. It was purchased with the intent of buzzing around town but is a surprisingly good and comfortable highway worrier with higher (27.6 mpg) than the rated 26 mpg highway fuel economy. One caveat about the Rogue is that the CVT does make some noises that standard transmissions do not make. We had read some of the Rogue forums and were prepared. Most notably the whine when slowing to a stop, We had also read about a drone from the engine caused by the way the CVT is used to keep the engine at the optimum RPM but we have not experienced this. in fact we hardly hear the engine at all. So far, our fondness for the little (make no mistake, it is small) Rogue grows each day.

NICE

by Love it from Las Vegas NV | June 18, 2014

My mother in Law bought a Nissan from Auto Nation, the Sells man Malcolm Long was great and got us a good deal Love the car the people there were very nice and helpful. Thank you Malcolm Long for helping My Mother in Law get the car a 2011 Nissan.

noisy but reliable

by classic from Canton, Oh | January 22, 2014

Reviewers must be driving a different kind of Rouge. I've had mine for 3 yrs and the ride is VERY rough. The road/wind noise is horrible also. I've actually pulled over to see if the rear door was properly closed. It's as if they didn't install weatherstripping in the doors. That being said, it handles well and our AWD version goes through anything. Reliability has been fantastic also. *knock on wood* not a single mechanical problem in 3yrs.

Love My Rouge

by Love My Rouge from | September 17, 2013

I actually went back a model year from what I had to get this great deal. Very happy with my decision.

2011 Nissan Rogue SL

by Redman from Shoemakersville PA | May 20, 2013

This car is just what we were looking for. Great styling, with lots of interior room. Nice smooth ride with AWD for winter driving.

Nissan

by Value For Money from Wheeling, IL | April 24, 2013

I think this car is worth it's price , has everything you need for a good ride. Has a great mileage for a SUV I ma getting around 25 miles/gallon.