2014 Nissan Rogue

Starting MSRP

Est. MPG

See Photos & Videos

Overall

its the best in the class!

by Sunny from Philadelphia | April 17, 2014

I am usually very picky and when in this winter, I lost my 2011 CRV, I was pushed in the market for a new car. The 2014 Rogue SL with premium package just blew me off with its features and looks and I could not be more happy with it. Absolutely everything is perfect. I test drove Honda CRV, Mazda CX-5, Subaru Forester, Ford Escape Jeep Cherokee and Nissan Rogue 2014. Mazda CX-5, Subaru Forester and the Nissan Rogue were my top three on my list. I found the Rogue to be more spacious, better looking and most recently refreshed and ready with future technologies. The voice recognition works great with the navigation system and the bluetooth calling. The divide and hide trunk is great for groceries. The seats are very comfortable, and the look of it, inside and out, is jaw dropping! I got so many compliments from random people on the street! The sound system rocks and the safety features like the blind spot indicator, etc. are very helpful. The sunroof is huge and there is plenty of room. This is a really fun car to drive. I got about 32 mpg on my recent 400 mile trip to DC for Cherry Blossom festival. I can't say enough wonderful things about this vehicle would absolutely recommend it!

love the features...when they work

by Dolie from St. Louis | April 15, 2014

I have had my 2014 Rogue for just over 2 months. So far I have had the pleasure of taking it into the dealership for repair 4 times (a 5th visit has been scheduled). My radio/navigation unit goes black and crashes at least once a week. Also I will turn the car on and no sound will come out of the speakers and the bluetooth will not work. I find the voice activation clunky spotty at best and avoid using it. Now my windshield wipers are randomly turning on even when they are switched off. The dealership has not been able to locate the problem. I have been a LOYAL Nissan owner for 15 years and I am sad to say I would not recommend the Rogue at this time.

Very smooth and comfortable driving

by Senior citizen from Merrick,NY | April 4, 2014

I am very pleased with my new Rogue. This is my second Rogue and I am enjoying all the new features this model offers. It offers a quiet and very comfortable ride for me. I especially like the use of the backup camera and the keyless entry.

nice suv

by Rob from Dothan, al | April 4, 2014

I've owned my 2014 rogue for two months now. Over all its fun and nice to drive. Got 1700 mile on it. My two teenagers like the room in the back. The CVT took a little to get use to, I had a 2009 Nissan Titan I loved all that power, but the gas was killing me. So far I've gotten 29 miles to a gallon with my rogue..I would recommend this for families on the go... now my kids don't like it , BC they can't race it...

Absolutely love it!

by David from Worcester, MA | April 3, 2014

We traded in our 2006 Rav4 for the 2014 Rogue and could not be more happy with it. Absolutely everything is perfect. The voice recognition works great with the navigation system and the bluetooth calling. The two-tiered trunk is great for groceries. The seats are really comfortable, and the look of it, inside and out, is jaw dropping. We would absolutely recommend it as the best in its class.

Best SUV in it's class!

by SUV Enthusiast from Chicago, IL | March 27, 2014

I owned a 2002 Ford Explorer V6. While this vehicle is shorter, inside it is high quality like an Infiniti and is just as roomy as my old explorer. I have 3 kids and all 5 of us fit comfortably. Towing capacity is only 1000lbs, but fuel economy compared to the Explore is fantastic. If I compare what I save in gas (I drive 18K miles per year), it covers the monthly payment. I have had this car for three months and absolutely love it. It's definitely a looker. While it is a 4 cylinder with a CVT, it is one of the best CVTs I have owned. It is not loud like other some people expect. Nissan did a great job with the cabin noise. Comparing to the Explorer, they feel the same in terms of off the line and passing performance. Lastly the All Wheel Drive is phenomenal. It is better than the explorer and may even be better than our 2005 Pathfinder. Chicago snows this year have been at record levels and the Rogue handled it without flinching. The only problem I have with it, is some of the Infotainment software is buggy, but I expect Nissan to have a fix soon as they are aware of it. I highly recommend this vehicle.

2014 Nissan Rogue

by Gracie Girl from Greensboro, NC | March 24, 2014

WOW!!!!!! Compared to Toyota, Mazda, and Honda - best value and options for the price! Love it. Just bought ours tonight and looking forward to driving for many years to come!!

I love this vehicle!

by LuvNissan from Raleigh, NC | March 23, 2014

I love this car! I have ALWAYS had a Toyota or Honda and was very hesitant to buy anything different, but I am sold on Nissan. I had a Hylander and loved it, but needed something with better gas mileage. This vehicle is incredibly comfortable, from the seating to the smooth ride. I was a little worried about the CVT transmission (from reviews), but the acceleration is great and the great gas mileage is wonderful. The Bose sound system rocks and the safety features like the blind spot indicator, etc. are very helpful. The sunroof is huge and although there is less room than the Hylander, there is plenty of room. This is a really fun car to drive. I can't say enough wonderful things about this vehicle!

Nissan is on the right track

by CUV lover from TX | March 23, 2014

I test drove Honda CRV, Ford Escape, Mazda CX-5 and Subaru Forester and Nissan Rogue 2014. I skipped Toyota Rav4 because their small overlap front test was rated POOR by IIHS. Ford Escape was very sporty and attractive, but it was more expensive. Moreover, I was concerned about reliability. Mazda CX-5 is another nice option for its exterior and sporty driving dynamic, but it was too noisy on the highway, unbearable to me. Subaru Forester is a wonderful car with its visibility, improving driving dynamic (smooth & responsive) great reliability and safety, but the interior was so austere. I felt that I was driving a car made in 90’s. Honda CRV was a strong contender with a well balance between practicality and design. The ride was smooth and soft. The reliability is excellent, but the interior was inferior compare to Nissan Rogue ’14. Because this car was bought for my wife, I narrowed down 2 choices for her, so she tested Honda CRV ’14 EX-L and Nissan Rogue ’14 SL AWD. We ended up buying the Nissan Rogue. Here are my opinion and observation of Nissan Rogue ’14 after a month of driving. Fuel efficiency is super. I got on highway 30-35 mpg with light foot, local 10-23 mpg (the farther you drive, the better fuel efficiency). Combined: 26-31 mpg easily. The fuel economy is excellent on the highway with constant speed around 60-65 mi/hr. For some reason, with multiple stops, the fuel economy drops significantly. It has a very nice interior, attractive exterior, quiet cabin and large cargo space. Divide-N-Hide system is a great idea & versatile. I love the backup camera with bird-eye view, very useful while parking, especially parallel parking and in crowded area such as downtown. The seats are very comfortable. I have ton of leg room and head room for both front and rear seats (I’m 5’8). The 2nd row seats can move back and forth if you need more leg room or cargo space. It can lean back for more comfort. There is a vent for the 2nd row seat. The technology such as Navigation, Bluetooth in this car is impressive. It also has ability to listen and answer the text message hand free. I don’t need it often, but it can be handy sometimes. The safety rating is good in IIHS. However, I have a few minor complaints. The CVT makes it seem sluggish, but adequate for normal commuting. Merging highway is not an issue yet. It only has 170 hp which made me worried when we decided between Rogue and CRV since the CRV has 185 hp. Since we’re living in TX, it has enough power to drive around. CVT has some “drone” when accelerating from a complete stop. However, it’s tolerable. It sounds like a purr, not as bad as I imagined. The button O/D on the stick shift is too easy to be accidently pushed by my forearm while setting up to charge the phone or reaching the front tray (in front of the stick shift and near the charging outlet). A few times, I saw the yellow light O/D lighten up in the speedometer, so I hit it again to turn off the yellow light. Visibility is limited b/c of thick pillar in front and curved C pillars, compensated by the rear camera. I can live with this, a trade-off for a better exterior look. The switch for turning signals is a little firm while the headlight mode is too soft. I usually set my headlight in Auto mode, but it was accidently turned to another mode when I turned my signal. Regarding driving handling, the steering wheel is a little bit heavy (slightly numb). However, it handles well overall. The suspension is slightly firmer compared to Honda CRV. Overall, I feel that it drives smoothly and responsively. I would have picked Nissan Rogue SL AWD ’14 over Honda CRV EX-L ’14 or other cars that I mentioned if I had to do it over. In my opinion, Nissan Rogue is a serious contender in this segment with its attractive exterior and interior, decent driving dynamic, practicality and excellent fuel economy. Many people scared me about how horrible the CVT, but it is not that bad. I get used to it. It still responds and accelerates fast enough. The drone sound is not that loud, just slightly. You should test drive this car. I’m glad I did.

WOW !! DID NOT EXPECT IT.

by AL from San Diego, CA | March 19, 2014

Due to gas prices, i dediced to get rid of my Acura MDX. I started to research a vehilce that has good mileage, good body styling, seven seater and ride quality as it's BEST. The 2014 ROUGUE had it all and to my surprised, it has a family option for 7 seat capacity. When I test drove the vehicle, I was immediately impressive on the steering (feels like my BMW X3) not too soft or hard..just right on the spot! the car is not STIFF unlike my beemer. The ride is VERY COMFORTABLE. This vehicle beats any medium size luxury vehicle in the market (I KID YOU NOT). The only reason why i cannot 5 stars on RELIABITY is becuase its still new in the market and there are no reported recalls at this time (I hope not). I am itching to trade-in my BMW X3 2012 M-SPORT for another ROGUE but will see. I love this vehicle. I got an SV with Family and Premium package. it has all the bells and whistle including the lane departure and blind spot warning (love those features). The camera is all around view (360) wow..another outstanding feature.