1999 Nissan Sentra

$90–$5,206

Overall

Owned nissans for years.

by J.C. from Fife WA. | August 25, 2012

Great first car for my neice. Sold them for years, can't go wrong with a 99 sentra no timing belt to worry about. Just change the oil regularly and see you in 300 miles plus!!!!

Peace of Mind Sentra

by Former Sentra Owner from Studio City, CA. | July 12, 2011

When I first saw this used 1999 Nissan Sentra with 42,000 miles on it, I thought it was too familiar as it looked similar to other cars on the road. I test drove it and found it to be solid, stable, fairly decent handling, a little rough on the roads but not too bad. Despite any imperfections, I purchased it, owned it for four years and put around 35,000 miles on it. Kept up with the normal maintenance. I even kept it covered with a car-cover. It got decent gas mileage 20 to 27 mpg; I know that sounds a little low for a 2.0 liter four cylinder but it seemed like it got better then that because I remember I didn't have to fill the tank up every week. Engine: did not have any troubles with it. It could handle freeway speeds just fine. Typical four-cylinder engine sounds when traveling at low or high speeds, not annoying. Didn't burn or leak any oil. It seemed pretty bullet proof. Interior Material: combination clothe and vinyl seats; as durable as these materials get; they are not leather so I had to treat them right. Fortunately, I did not get any tears, stains or rips in them. Can be a little uncomfortable on really long trips, but I am six foot three and this is a small car for me, it might be more comfortable for someone shorter. Interior Dash: Hard and soft plastics, no cracks or splits, instruments easy to read and operate. Transmission: I had the four speed and though it felt a little cheap at times I never had any troubles with it. Body: White paint, long lasting, no rust, fairly durable and even the clear coat was fine to the end. Handling: Decent, not great, I mean this is not a sports car, it does not have independent rear suspension, it is a front wheel drive so it tends to pull to one side on hard acceleration which is common with front wheel drive cars. But, I was happy with the way it handled for every day driving; though I tended to be more cautious in the rain, didn't want to test the limits of it's boundaries. When I sold it, it was in excellent condition due to the fact that this car was built well and I never abused it. I will say this car will treat you right if you treat it right. If I were in the market to buy a compact car, I'd consider buying another used Nissan Sentra.

Just a commuter car

by Nissan Lover from Stillwater, MN | May 24, 2011

We bought this as a 3rd car. I drive a Maxima and my wife was driving her Armada. She wants to minimize wear and tear on her SUV, so we got a Sentra for her. The mpg is amazing! It's a very basic A to B type of car. No frills whatsoever. Our goals were reliability and mpg. We bought it very used with high miles so our expectations were/are at a minimum. It has minor issues here and there, but it's age and use related - not manufacturing or reliability issues. Certain parts just need to be replaced on EVERY car made. For basic transportation, I highly recommend a '95-'01 Sentra!

Great Little Car

by Driver from Tennessee | July 30, 2008

I have about 140,000 on mine right now and it is still running great. I love the great gas mileage. For some odd reason though my clear coat started peeling off. I have seen this similar problem with other peoples cars I have seen. All and all though a great car.

Extremely Reliable Car

by Mom of two from Kingwood, TX | January 16, 2007

I've driven this car for two years and have felt comfortable in it. I've felt that it is safe for my children and am impressed by how little maintenance we've needed to do on it. For what we paid for it, I feel like I have definitely gotten my money's worth!

1999 Nissan Sentra

by Sentra Supporter from Los Angeles, CA | May 19, 2006

This car has the following pros & cons: + 35-40 mpg when driven cross country + ran over a dear and survived with minor scratches - lacks power with the A/C on (especially on a hot summer day) - has an ample interior design - but would be complicated to upgrade any features (replace the stereo, etc)

Nissan Sentra

by Practical Guy Prefers Practical Car from Santa Monica, CA | May 19, 2006

This car is as reliable as a Honda and even more gas efficient. On one tank it made it across a province of Canada, clocking 502 miles on 11.5 gallons of gas. The interior design isn't as attractive nor as flexible as other import makes (especially Honda's) I have a factory CD player & sound system that works ample. Though, it may be complicated to upgrade any of the stereo equipment.

Featured Services for this Nissan Sentra