2001 Nissan Sentra

Available in 4 styles:  2001 Nissan Sentra 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

01 Sentra

by Bart from Minnesota | September 11, 2014

I have owned this car since 2001. 13 years later it still runs. I have 137,000 miles on it and I have to say it has been a good car. However, I have had my fare share of problems. I have replaced the starter on this car three times since I purchased it and have had to replace other items as we'll such as break calipers and roters. But I will say this the engine still runs like it did after it's first oil change. The car does handle well in good conditions but because of how light it is it does not do well in the snow. Being from Minnesota this is very important to me. Overall I will say that it has had a good run but it is time for a change.

great car

by Urban Traveller from Ontario Canada | January 23, 2014

I have had this car for about 21/2 years and it had 124000 miles on it .. It is a very reliable car, but the brakes do not like the wet weather as they make a noise until they are dry. I have had to replace tires , which is normal wear and tear, but just recently I have had to replace the front coils and struts on both sides.

A bittersweet car

by How about my real name, Robert from Omaha, NE | November 3, 2013

The car is average for its year interior exterior styling etc. It has amazing gas mileage at about 25-30 mpg avg but has given me a lot of problems from coils to head gasket, to coolant wasting, engine shaking etc etc. The window motor goes out. A great car until you hit the 100k mark. Nissan disappointed me with this one PERSONALLY with MY SPECIFIC vehicle, I cannot speak for everyone else's. I bought the car brand new and Its lasted me until now, so I guess a decade isn't horrible. Cheers.

Fun Relible Car

by Longtooth from Bellingham, WA | May 7, 2011

We bought Sentra SE with 18,000 miles and it is now at 79,000 miles. We give it regular maintenance, no unusual troubles whatever. It is a kick to drive but don't expect it to float over every bump like a limo. The wrong size battery will cause a short from the hood contacting a battery terminal. Possibly this is why some report frequent battery failure. I buy an OEM size and have had no issues.

I will miss you Sentra!

by Lol-lytta from Montreal Cananda | February 8, 2011

I purchased a 2001 Nissan Sentra SE back in 2005 and NEVER got problem since. I love the exterior look as well as the interior. A lot of place to stock things, all automatic, sunroof, harder suspension and a lot of power. Of course I had to change the breaks, a caliper and a rotor....in 5 YEARS!!! We have tough winters here and it always started without a problem. I think it's the BEST sentra Nissan ever made! The 2L engine is undestructible! If you have to buy a used car and you see a 2001 Sentra SE to sell...don't hesitate and BUY IT!...BTW, I'm selling mine as my husband just bought me a brand new 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX...bought ME hein? :)...I'll miss you Sentra!

An okay car..

by 01 sentra driver from Jacksonville, NC | September 25, 2010

I have a 2001 Nissan Sentra at the moment and I had it for 8 months. I love this car and it seems to be pretty reliable although it has had me on the side of the road a couple of times but the problem was not expensive at all! It is very reliable and I ABSOLUTELY love the gas milage! I am sixteen and it is a nice little car for me.. The problems that I have had with this car has been problems that you will have with any car such as tires, censors, and little things like that.

great car when not in snow

by mommy of 3 from northern pa | December 22, 2009

bought my 2001 nissian sentra new. had for 8 yrs. very reliable as far as engine. cornered great. however if you live in a snowy region this car isn't for u. it did not handle well in snow at all. nor did it handle well in rain would hydroplane very easily.

Not Worth It

by GXE Owner from Northeastern Pennsylvania | August 2, 2009

This car has been in the family since it was purchased new in 2000. So far, it has 96,000 miles on it. The first 40,000 were all highway. The car has never been that reliable, with the battery dying on me for absolutely no reason. The power windows, if they work, go up and down very slow. The sound quality and simplistic stereo system isn't very good. The seats always kill my back after driving for more than a half-hour, and I'm pretty young. The only redeeming quality is the fuel-efficiency, otherwise I wouldn't recommend this generation of Sentra to anyone.

good little car

by yomama from Houston | June 16, 2009

I have driven this car sence it was new in 2001. It now has over 150,000 miles on the odometer. She's a very reliable car, the only problem it has ever had was when the transmission went out at 130,000. The only other thing I have had to do to it is change fluids belts tires and things like that. Gas mileage is the best part about it, I get at least 30 mpg city and 35 highway.

Lemon

by Burned on a Nissan from Mesa, Arizona | August 17, 2008

This car has had one problem after another since purchased. Spending approximately $500-$1000 every year on repair work. So far car has needed new tires every year -dealer unable to locate problem. Rattle under front end when driving/turning. Windshield leaks, drivers side window does not seal and automatic windows have needed work. Driver's door will not open from inside. Water pump replaced, air conditioning repaired twice. 2 Pulley's needing replaced (AC & Water pump pulley). Engine electronics replaced. The car was purchased in 2001 and has needed this much work over the last 7 years (150,000). Most of this work was completed in the first 5 years.

Featured Services for this Nissan Sentra