2002 Nissan Sentra

Available in 5 styles:  2002 Nissan Sentra 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

my 13 yr pld spec v

by gbyocum from ky | September 13, 2014

i bought my ser on 11-01, with 13 miles. before u buy any car new or used do your research. the ptrecat was a horrible idea on nissans part. not to mention a quick death for a full of potential motor. the first thing i did was replace it with a megan header/full exhaust. i learned about the butterfly screw issue in late 03 and had it dealt with. with very little work you can achieve 220 hp with this motor. i did with exhaust cold air plugs, ecu chip and tune. these are great cars if you can find one noow that isnt mortally wounded. !# yrs and 104,600 miles later my ser still runs like a beast. its a shame more of these cars arent around, they are by far the best looking of the sers. since i have added a godspeed t4 turbo and piston work, car last dynod at 317.9. still drive it pretty often. i had it painted last year and will own it until it wont run anymore.....love this car

Reliable

by Corfu from NY | July 23, 2013

I bought my 02 GXE used from Hertz with 36k miles. Was worried about buying an ex rental car so I got the extended warranty. Waste of money. Car has run excellent and never left me stranded. Even when the serpentine belt shreded and the dash lights lit up like a Christmas tree, I was still able to drive it home! Now have 146k mile on it and still get 34 mpg highway. Keep thinking about getting something newer, but part of me wants to see how long it'll last. Maybe I'll keep it a few more months...

Loved this car and all from All Angle Automart!

by jmc from Baltimore Maryland | November 20, 2012

Personally I've had great experiences from any car I've checked out on Cars.Com. But I own a cavalier I found online at Cars.com owned by All Angles Auto on North Pt Blvd. And have owned it a half a year now and haven't had one problem. Also next month I'm hoping my finances work out to where I can but my 2nd car in December from AllAngles I found online also at Cars.Com. Excellent website Jill C

Avoid at all costs!

by Car Expert from St Paul | July 21, 2011

The Nissan Sentra - particularly those with the 2.5L engine - is fun to drive, but not particularly well built or refined. The 1.8L and the 2.0L doesn't feel like it will shake itself apart. AVOID!

Great Car!

by Turbo from Hattiesburg, MS | May 6, 2011

Had one of these cars for 5 years and NEVER had a problem with it. Extremely economic car with great gas mileage.

Lots of Fun for the great price.

by FARCEPTS from Philly, PA | November 3, 2010

Its amazing for me to hear some of the negative reviews on this car. Especially if you bought the car used, and did not do your research on the history of the car first. Buying a used car is pretty much a shot in the dark, and of course you'll have to put some money into it. Its a used car! You have to know what kind of car your buying. For those who bought a SPec V like myself (used). You know it was beat on to some extent by the previous owner(s). Thats why they bought it to begin with. For its lively sports compact package. (DUH???) So if you bought one...you should already know what your getting yourself into. I love my 02 Spec V. It has never given me any issues and I have owned it for 2.5 yrs. Bought it with 42K, and it now has 98K. Knowing that its a used car, I first did some basic preventative maintanence on the car when I first got it, to atleast give myself a platform of where the cars mechanics stand. Upgraded the rotors to slotted cross drilled, change the brakes, and added a cold air intake, changed the oil (synthetic), use premium gasoline (recommended for the car). And it has been a great investment since. I use the car daily, in the city, and have no issues. Its a great car that gives you alot of perks/fun for a great price. 02 & 03 SPEC V models were the best, in my opinion in regards to design and individuality. It didn't look like its older brothers (Altima/Maxima). Great car. For a great price!

Fun Car to drive

by 3yrs of Spec V ownership from Fort Wayne, IN | September 16, 2010

Pros: snappy acceleration, great in the turns, nice bucket seats, engine is flawless since I've owned and loves to be beat on Cons: Clunky shifting (common on spec V's according to the forums), Exterior could be more sporty Overall this compact car is tough to beat for the money. Naturally Aspirated engine means no messy turbo lag, great power and good gas mileage.

Sentra

by Nissan Lover from Atlanta, GA | February 15, 2010

My family and I moved here from indiana and and our previous car gave out. This Sentra has been a true blessing for us.

love my SpecV

by SE-R SpecV from Providence, RI | January 22, 2010

great performance for normal aspirated engine (aka non-turbo) and one of the best handling cars for the money

Great value

by LOVE this car from Cincinnati, OH | September 5, 2009

I have been driving a 2002 Sentra SE-R for 5 years and have had very few problems with it. It gets great gas mileage and is fun to drive too! My only complaint is the amount of leg-room in the back, but sports cars don't generally have a lot of that anyway.

Featured Services for this Nissan Sentra