2003 Nissan Sentra

$837–$7,537

Overall

I loved my Zippy!

by J9 from Islip, NY | May 10, 2016

I had the 2.5 Limited Edition and this car has been one for the record books. It is really fun to drive! Great handling and acceleration. The LE trim level gave me some really great add ons, like the sound system, leather steering wheel and moonroof. Lasted me 13 years (192K Miles), and the only reason I did not make it go longer was that I needed a car with more safety features and room for a growing family.

Reliable and Economical Sedan

by Dolfan from New Jersey | October 21, 2015

After a couple of experiences with an unreliable Ford Escort and a Chevy Beretta whose engine quit after 128,000 miles, I was looking for a car that would both be reliable and last for many years. Enter the Nissan Sentra. I purchased a 2003 Sentra brand new and I am still driving it almost 13 years later. It is now approaching 300,000 miles and still going strong. The best feature of this car has been it's reliability over time. There have been some repairs over the years that is expected as a car gets older and I did have to replace the head gasket which was covered under the warranty. Over all, however, I have been pleasantly surprised at how well the car has run for so long. It gets excellent gas mileage too. It's not the fanciest car around, but so what? It is an economical car that gets you where you want to go and is ideal for small families. It is very reasonable to purchase and maintain. I have used it for commuting to work and driven it all over the country on vacations. I intend to continue driving it as long as possible.

I'm at 202000 miles and still going strong

by Nissan owner from Chadds Ford, PA | August 29, 2015

I bought this car in 2006 with 30000 miles on it. I've fixed a few minor things here and there. It has its quirks - like an engine light that is always on, after I've fixed the O2 sensor three times. But I just don't fix the sensor anymore - I've learned to live with the engine light being on, and now I'm at 202000 miles with very little in the way of repairs. Great car. Back seat is tight, get a bigger car if you have a lot of of people to haul around - but I never really did, so it worked really well for me.

Car with the lowest maintenance I've ever owned.

by nissan sentra SE-R SPEC V driver from Altoona, PA | June 11, 2012

Awesome car, my only real complaint is it's too small for a large or growing family but it's terrific for a single person or a young couple. Reliable, fast, terrific handling car

Worst Car I've Owned to Date!

by BK from Orlando, FL | May 11, 2012

This car broke down every chance it had! worst car I've owned yet. Lots of recalls on this car. Extremely unreliable

Oil burning nightmare!

by Se r spec v 2.5 from Philadelphia pa | May 7, 2012

If your in the market for a 2003 nissan se r spec V! 2.5. This was the worst car I've ever own, it burn 1 quart of oil a week! Thats when It had 29,000mi on it and after it reach 95,000 it burn, 3 quarts a week! Also blow out a cat, cost me 700 dollers for a new one. What ever you do don't buy this car! But it did get good MPG.

Disappointed by Nissan

by NoMoreRenaultsMan from Twin Cities, MN | March 16, 2012

I found after buying this car used that Nissan masked a design problem with the engine. The recall got the car through warranty but not much more. There are some work arounds for the DIY persons that help some but in reality Nissan failed their customers. Too bad as this is a really fun car to drive. I've overhauled the engine (at 105k miles) and put in the DIY work arounds so now we'll see how it goes. Not looking good so far, using a quart of oil every 1000 miles. Should be none.

Great economy, reliability long term

by KenM from Central Massachusetts | May 1, 2011

I bought a 2003 Sentra GXE 1.8 new. I have 110,000 miles on it, and have near-nothing but routine maintenance. We did have to replace the ignition keyswitch, the battery last year, and the belts. I gave it new plugs and filters @ 100,000 miles, runs like a Swiss watch. In winter I run 4 actual snow tires, and get around better than a AWD on all-season tires. It have never once left us stranded. Handles like a go kart, stops well. Though a little underpowered, that makes it a good starter car and/or economy commuter. The "GXE Road Trip" package gave us 7-spkr 180W stereo, sounds great. Would buy again.

been great

by gas saver from idaho | November 28, 2010

we bought ours for 350 dollars with 140k on it we haven't had to do hardly anything to it and it runs like a champ great gas mileage. not a lot of power but does great for the power it does have will buy another for a commuter car

First Nissan, Maybe My Last

by Rick from Raleigh,NC | June 29, 2010

I bought this car used and wished I had done more research on it. The head gasket blew at 80k miles. I found out that many Sentras had a problem with head gaskets going after 65k. It seems a large batch of engines were assembled with defective gaskets. Nissan didn't remedy this with a recall as the failures happened after the drivetrain warranty expired. Do yourself a favor, don't take a chance, buy a different car.

Featured Services for this Nissan Sentra