2003 Nissan Sentra

2003 Nissan Sentra
Available in 5 styles:  2003 Nissan Sentra 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Car with the lowest maintenance I've ever owned.

by nissan sentra SE-R SPEC V driver from Altoona, PA | June 11, 2012

Awesome car, my only real complaint is it's too small for a large or growing family but it's terrific for a single person or a young couple. Reliable, fast, terrific handling car

Worst Car I've Owned to Date!

by BK from Orlando, FL | May 11, 2012

This car broke down every chance it had! worst car I've owned yet. Lots of recalls on this car. Extremely unreliable

Oil burning nightmare!

by Se r spec v 2.5 from Philadelphia pa | May 7, 2012

If your in the market for a 2003 nissan se r spec V! 2.5. This was the worst car I've ever own, it burn 1 quart of oil a week! Thats when It had 29,000mi on it and after it reach 95,000 it burn, 3 quarts a week! Also blow out a cat, cost me 700 dollers for a new one. What ever you do don't buy this car! But it did get good MPG.

Disappointed by Nissan

by NoMoreRenaultsMan from Twin Cities, MN | March 16, 2012

I found after buying this car used that Nissan masked a design problem with the engine. The recall got the car through warranty but not much more. There are some work arounds for the DIY persons that help some but in reality Nissan failed their customers. Too bad as this is a really fun car to drive. I've overhauled the engine (at 105k miles) and put in the DIY work arounds so now we'll see how it goes. Not looking good so far, using a quart of oil every 1000 miles. Should be none.

Great economy, reliability long term

by KenM from Central Massachusetts | May 1, 2011

I bought a 2003 Sentra GXE 1.8 new. I have 110,000 miles on it, and have near-nothing but routine maintenance. We did have to replace the ignition keyswitch, the battery last year, and the belts. I gave it new plugs and filters @ 100,000 miles, runs like a Swiss watch. In winter I run 4 actual snow tires, and get around better than a AWD on all-season tires. It have never once left us stranded. Handles like a go kart, stops well. Though a little underpowered, that makes it a good starter car and/or economy commuter. The "GXE Road Trip" package gave us 7-spkr 180W stereo, sounds great. Would buy again.

been great

by gas saver from idaho | November 28, 2010

we bought ours for 350 dollars with 140k on it we haven't had to do hardly anything to it and it runs like a champ great gas mileage. not a lot of power but does great for the power it does have will buy another for a commuter car

First Nissan, Maybe My Last

by Rick from Raleigh,NC | June 29, 2010

I bought this car used and wished I had done more research on it. The head gasket blew at 80k miles. I found out that many Sentras had a problem with head gaskets going after 65k. It seems a large batch of engines were assembled with defective gaskets. Nissan didn't remedy this with a recall as the failures happened after the drivetrain warranty expired. Do yourself a favor, don't take a chance, buy a different car.

I wish I never bought this car.

by 2003 Sentra GXE from Phoenix, AZ | May 6, 2010

I have owned this car for two years and I have spent over $2500.00 in repairs already. I was having the car serviced as recommended. About 6 months after owning the car, it wouldn't start if it was too hott outside and anytime I let off the gas, the whole car starts shaking. I just got my car back from shop (agian) two days ago. It actually starts now on the first try and the shaking is less noticeable...for now. One less important thing to comment on, the cup holders are horrible. The location of the cup holders right beneath the A/C and stereo units won't allow any cup to sit evenly. Any little turn and they fall right out. Directly behind the cup holder is the adapter outlet, which means if anything is in the cup holder you cannot plug anything in.

98K miles and never in the shop

by 03 Sentra from Texas | November 25, 2008

for anything other than an oil change and new tires. I love this car! With only a 1.8L it has tons of get-up-and-go. I've even raced it against a Olds Alero 6cyl. and my sentra left it like it was nothing! I can't say enough great things about my car.

Good Value and great MPG

by Regular Driver from Washington, DC | February 15, 2008

very bad turning radius though and there have been several issues with a timing computer that caused it to completely cut out while driving...this was after having the re-call taken care of. Great on gas, I average 28 mpg easily.

Featured Services for this Nissan Sentra