2005 Nissan Sentra

2005 Nissan Sentra

Available in 4 styles:  2005 Nissan Sentra 4dr Sedan shown

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Plastic is wearing out but such a good little car

by Sentra Lover from | June 10, 2014

I currently have 170,000 miles on my Sentra and, other than changing out the struts, fuel pump (known issue), and a couple of belts, this little guy is a low maintenance wonder. The plastic is starting to wear out in the car and I've had a couple things break because of that. The CD player has been non-operational for years but generally speaking it is a fantastic car. I get about 33 mpg and have always used synthetic oil in the engine.

waste of money!

by sentra owner from Pomona, CA | September 29, 2013

I've owned this car for a year now, i bought it with only 60k miles on it, it has 80k miles now and i already had to change the head gaskets, the radiator, the fuel pump, the spark plugs and cables, brakes. cd players won't spit out my cd and won't even play. the performance is horrible, brakes keep making a squeaky sound even though i already changed them. it has a low RPM and on stops and red lights it starts vibrating and makes an annoying sound. overall it is a waste of money!

very reliable, and worht the money

by new nissan fan from Akron, Ohio | January 4, 2013

I bought this becuase I was in need of another car. I had asked around, and being in school for auto mechanic work, i talked to my teachers about reliable cars. i narrowed down my picks, to either a pontiac grnad am, or a nissan sentra. after many days of searching and looking over cars i determined that the sentra wads my best choice. Ive had the car for a month now and its running great. its a great gas saver, im averaging 30-31MPG combined. its easy to maintain and easy to work on. some of the interior things are ok, like the cup holders and the sun visors, but other than that its great.

Absolutely fantastic for the money

by Used to drive German from Tallahassee, FL | June 14, 2012

I bought this car because my VW Jetta was costing me an arm and a leg to repair and was very impressed. This car cost me very little money to get into but it looks absolutely fantastic inside and out. It is, of course, not a luxury car, but the interior does not feel cheap like some other cars in this price range. The car feels very respectable and the same can be said about the driving experience. It has a 1.8 so it is not the fastest car around but it is a good balance of an energetic amount of acceleration while still delivering really good gas mileage. On top of it all, the steering feel is very good and solid and the car, overall is a very stable and enjoyable car to drive. I absolutely recommend this car to anyone who wants a nice car for a tiny dribble of money. Additionally, it doesn't cost much to run either as repairs are infrequent and are very inexpensive.

Best small car on the market

by Nissan Lifer from Prescott, AZ | May 18, 2012

My first new car was a 2001 Nissan Sentra. I got more than 160k miles out of it without any major problems. My parents have driven it ever since and it now has 190k+ miles and still drives strong. I loved my first new car so much I bought a 2005 Nissan Sentra for my wife to drive. We currently have 77k miles and it still runs smooth.

Great mileage, mostly reliable

by Nissan Car Guy from Albuquerque, NM | April 30, 2012

I bought my Sentra 1.8 in 2007 as a Nissan Certified used car. Shortly after I got it, the Check Engine light came on, although the car still ran fine. The dealer replaced the gas cap twice, then the head gasket, and then the intake manifold, all under warranty. Since then there have been no mechanical problems, and the only maintenance has been oil and filter changes, new tires, and at 95,000 miles, new brakes. The car gets 33 mpg on the highway (at 75 mph with the A/C on), and 29 mph in town. It has 101,000 miles now, and still looks and runs like new. Of course, the small engine is not very powerful, and the ride is what you would expect from an economy car, but it's still fun to drive. I never worry about taking it on long trips, because I know it will get me there without a problem. I plan on keeping it for several more years, because there is no real reason to replace it.

Horrible Car

by Frustrated Guy from Monterey park | October 21, 2011

Have owned this car for 6 yrs. Current mileage merely 64000. Gasket blown once, spark plugs replaced, rattles and leakages everywhere, engine light on all the time, CD player not spitting up my CD, materials used are all low grade, lousy dealership services, too many problems just to name a few. Extremely disappointed. Will NEVER buy another Nissan car.

Most economical car i've owned

by Nissan Fan from Staunton, VA | August 17, 2010

I've owned a 2005 Nissan for 3 years. Great mileage - average 34 mpg mostly highway. Great ride comfort in a small car. Haven't had any mechanical or cosmetic issues...super reliable. This is the first Nissan I've owned and would definitely recommend the brand since this is their entry level car.

Overall a better value than a Civic or a Corolla!

by NismoDude99 from roseville, ca | July 3, 2009

I've read some good things and bad things. I've had the car 4 years now bought it brand new in 2005, it's been an excellent commute car overall, it had a minor "check engine" problem which had to do something with a piece that hooks up with the head gasket, it didn't give me any problems whatsoever but I got it checked cuz it was under warranty. i DON'T do regular maintenace on it and I'm at 63K miles, i even have the same factory tires in the rear! lately it takes a while to start sometimes so i replaced the battery to be safe, it's still doing that...hopefully it's nothing big. Heads up though, all nissan/infiniti will have a "STARTER" problem around 100k miles, i haven't owned one that didnt have that problem, so just check it out, OVerall Good commuTEr, good female car; maneuverability wise.

Hate my Sentra

by Hate my Sentra from | March 23, 2009

We have a Sentra SE and absolutely hate it! It keeps breaking! Within the past 6 months we have replaced the head gasket, one head, all the spark plugs, the fuel injectors, catalytic converter, and fuel pump. In the cab the cd player won't eject the cd and it skips about ever 2 seconds, the visor won't stay up and the cruise control doesn't always work. It is a complete waste of time and money.