2006 Nissan Sentra

Available in 4 styles:  2006 Nissan Sentra 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

good car

by palermo from | April 12, 2014

Having got the cars back in 2011 (2006 1.8s) I am impressed with it, it was driven hard when I got it, and had 138k miles, and Now I am sitting at 168k and had to do some minor repairs, i have the manual transmission model, and have very few reservations about it, but i have noticed in 1st gear, they need to turn it up a bit, the car is very snappy, which if you want to burnout, or take off quickly into slow traffic is okay, but i think it could be bettter with a little bit more top end oriented 1st gear, along with 2nd, the other gears are great, but 1st and 2nd seem a little too high strung.

Long Time Owned

by Mechanic from Livonia, Michigan | August 19, 2013

I purchased a new 1.8L Special Edition Sentra. I maintain all my vehicles meticulously. I drove it for 100K miles and gave it to my teenage daughter for school commutes, I purchased a 2006 because it was the last year of that model. I never buy first or second year model changes, The 2006 has a different intake that inceases horse power over the earlier model runs. This car gets 30 mpg city & 35 mpg highway. I once saw 39 mpg, but really worked on my coastings to acheive it. I do think 40 mpg is possible in light traffic.

very reliable car

by psychosmurf from Hendersonville. NC | October 5, 2012

I bought my 2006 Sentra in 2008 with 32000 miles. I have kept the oil changed and routine maintenance up to date and am still very happy with this car. I live in NC but have taken this car all the way from Northern Maine in the winter (-36 degrees) to Miami Florida in the summer. It now has 178,000 miles on it and I have not had any major mechanical problems. I will drive it until I can't drive it any more! Then, I will get another one!

Such a sweet little car

by FinalDrive from UT | May 2, 2012

06 nissan sentra is a great car. I highly recommend it to whoever is looking for a used car. It gets ok gas milage, If you drive with normal you can get around 35 miles per gallon. It runs pretty well. I haven't had any problems with it other than the fuel pump that needs to be replaced. I've had it for 3 years now and haven't gone to shop even once.

It may not be a bmw but its an amazing car

by Lovecars from Colorado | April 12, 2012

I purchased this car in 2007 used. It had 29000 miles on it. I've been driving it since and it has 67250 miles on it. Never took it to a shop, never broke done, haven't lost power. It's a good car I drive really fast and i've done 112 miles per hour in it. It's good on gas also especially if you do a lot of highway driving. If you are for a roomy quick nice looking sedan for around 5000-6000 dollar sentras are good cars.

great buy!

by CarCrazyMe from fort worth | July 26, 2011

bought this car in november 2010 with 85000 miles on it, got it well below market value(few grand)! now 9 months and just over 10k miles later it has been a great little car. This is my 3rd nissan and i have loved them all, this doesnt get the 40mpg my 96 sentra with a weedeater engine and 270k miles got but it runs just as well rides better than any car ive had and it returns me approx 30mpg (because of the ethanol in gas now) it does have a slightly small backseat and the cup holders are in a bad spot but its nothing major and it wont dazzle on the take off but for a small 4 banger it has some punch (1.8s) nissans are great veichles i recommend any good used or new nissan to anyone

Quick, reliable, and lower cost

by SE-R Owner from Chicago, IL | May 21, 2011

This is my third Nissan .. I always loved the stainless steel exhaust and easy oil change. I purchased the Sentra over the Corolla because the Corolla interior looked cheap. I passed on the Civic because I found the digital speed display really annoying. But mainly, I chose the Sentra because I got more power and a great deal. In 5 years, I experienced no problems, no squeaks or rattles, and the gas mileage is still great. The only negative is the rear seating is tight, but adults still could fit back there ok.

great little nissan

by slammin sentra from texas | January 4, 2011

pros: great dashboard layout and engine compartment layout great mpg and front seats decent power for small sedan big trunk cons: small rear seats steel rims with hubs standard cup holders

One of the better economy cars

by Radman from Livonia, Michigan | June 15, 2010

I have been more than pleased with my Sentra Special Edition. The 1.8L engine routinely returns 32MPG. Maintenance costs have been low excluding the cost of 16 inch tires. The vehicle did have an issue with CV joints failing within the first 90 days and a transmission seal failing at 30K. Overall I enjoy & would rate this Mexican made Japanese car above average.

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S

by Jeff from United States | April 6, 2010

I bought this new for my stepson in 2006. We got an incredible deal on it. At first he was upset by the lack of horsepower, but the car has grown on him over the years and now he won't give it up. 2006 is the last model year for this generation and we were lucky to grab an automatic before Nissan switched to CVTs instead. Gas mileage and ride comfort are very good. This model has drum brakes in the rear, which shouldn't be happening these days. However, even though it's far from a performance car, it will handle a daily commute just fine. The suspension is soft, the steering is a little vague, acceleration is a bit weak ... it's built for comfort, not sport. We've had some minor problems with it that we've had fixed at the dealership, but nothing that would put me off from continuing to buy Nissans. I think that this car is a great value.