2007 Nissan Sentra

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great for teen drivers

by Brooklynn from Overland Park, KS | March 14, 2014

I have had my Sentra for just about 2 years, I love it!! It was my first car and I am definitely having a hard time letting it go. Gets great gas mileage, as of right now costs about $35 to fill up. Its a simple mid-size car, great for new drivers because of the price as well as the size. I feel extremely safe in my Sentra, I've been in one accident with it and was impressed with how well it kept together, and wasn't too expensive to have repaired. Only issue is the engine is loud and the brakes stutter a little bit when stopping from a higher speed. I have also driven it in some pretty deep snow and it has held up.I would definitely recommend it, it will last you forever!!

Get-Around Car

by GWOOD from Overland Park, KS | February 12, 2014

We bought 2 of these after I test-drove them for our daughters ages 16 and 18. Great visibility from all angles. Excellent head and leg room. Easy to use dashboard controls and lots of safety features. Good to get-around town, but wouldn't use it on long road trips. Trunk space is kind of small for luggage too. Drove it in the snow & ice, with a sand-tube in the trunk and handled just fine. Even though parts are a bit pricey, the quality you get in return is great. Test drive one of these, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Great little car

by Blue from Rochester, NY | June 4, 2013

I bought this car about a month ago. It has about 100,000 miles and is going strong. I love it! It is great on gas, so far I am getting a combined 30 MPG. This new generation style looks great. The exterior and interior are bigger and more comfortable. I have the 2.0 S having all of the options I need. Its a little noisey in the front end (the CVT whines a little), but you get used to that. Over all great car for the money.

High price

by Student from OR | October 31, 2012

This car has a high price than similar cars. The interior of the car is so dirty, especially, the chair.

Not too shabby

by RayVIN from East Northport, NY | July 9, 2012

I got a good price maybe because its a manual 6-speed with a clutch that doesnt kick in untill its out almost all the way. The car shutters and I stall very very often. I was told I could get 36 MPG but even with extreme hypermiling with no heat or A/C on, while drafting a truck I still get between 30-34 highway. New over inflated tires didnt help. Thumb turns on/off A/C while shifting into 3rd. Not ready to cut my thumb off yet. Exhaust/muffler seems to rust out early and some rust under the front of the car already. Pros: Trunk space, Glovebox fits a laptop, Nice look, Good pickup, breaking and handling. Radio is OK. Good in snow. All in all I like the car. Not a good commuting car because the manual tranny in traffic.

Great for the money

by bobo from manchester CT. | March 20, 2012

We love this car, bought new runs like a champ, car has 65000 miles runs like the day we bought it hate to sell it , but wife wants suv lol !!!!!

Proud Sentra owner

by CarFan from Washington, DC | November 21, 2011

I am lucky to get the 2007 sentra the current generation's beginner. what a great stylish car, roomy interior, NEVER felt compact car's inconvenience. great steering control, awesome pick up and quiet as still when idling. after a warm up I feel the smoothness in driving. also surprising is the trunk capacity as good as a mid-size car. The back seats can be pull forward to fold and clean under them. Large dash board box that can hold many items. overall looks cute and rich as an expensive car. So I am happy and proud of it. I was looking to get a Honda Civic and tired and mad of its price range. So I expanded my search into Sentra and never regretted a single minute. Thanks Nissan for having delivered such a wonderful product at an affordable price.

Good grocery getter

by Daily Driver from Upstate, NY | September 29, 2011

My wife and I bought this last year w/ 22K and now its got just over 30K. Ours has the 6spd manual and the 2.0L. Been a great car, but as with anything, it has it's quirks. Pros: Very smooth riding; very quiet; no shaking inside; easy shifting transmission; easy clutch; great handling; lots of features and easy to use; very spacious and comfy interior; massive glove compartment and trunk. Cons: Tire pressure sensor light has been on since we bought it, but no low tire. Been replaced once, but came on again so we just left it on. We live in NY and the winter salt ate a hole in the exhaust pipe by the muffler. Muffler was $500 to replace and nothing aftermarket available, so I just clamped a coupler on the pipe. The gearing in the tranny is terrible and the motor doesn't have enough power to pull the weight. The gas mileage isn't bad, but it's disappointing for a Sentra. It averages 28mpg and the best we've gotten is 32mpg cruising; supposed to get 35mpg hwy. Overall, very good car. I think it should last a long time.

Think before you buy

by Just a car owner from Chicago | September 15, 2011

I like the Nissan Sentra in general. The issues I have is the cost for some of the most minor repairs. One of my tail-lights burnt out and it cost $35 to replace it. I tried to replace it but could not get to the bulb through the trunk and could not get the lens off. I am guessing it takes a special tool to take the lens off. Now the light that illuminates the gears by the gear-shift lever is out, and they told me it would be $100+ to replace because they have to take the entire gear-shift off. Who designs a car that it would cost $35 & $100 to replace a bulb? Never again. I will buy American next-time and hopefully their engineering will be a little more owner friendly.

Not bad

by boom boom from nj | March 21, 2011

I bought it brand new and now I have almost 100k and I DON'T do a lot of highway driving. So after 3 years and 100k miles here is what I think: The car is reliable. I love the keyless option and the bluetooth. Engine is still very good and very quite. I changed tires 3 times.. $500 worth of work to the transmition (I forgot what happened to it) and that's about it.. I have a bmw that I drive on the weekends and I barely take care of the nissan.. I change the oil every 7 or 8k miles! I beat on it! I dont slow down no matter how bumpy the road is, clean it once every couple of months. But the car still runs not bad at all.. I mean it sounds like the tires are about to fall off on bumps but that's only shocks and other than that no major problems at all - at least not that I know of... It's a reliable car and I think I'll buy the same exact car again for work.