2009 Nissan Sentra

Available in 9 styles:  2009 Nissan Sentra 4dr Sedan shown

21–28 city / 29–36.8 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

It gets me where I'm going

by Indiana Dave from Indiana | February 2, 2014

I've owed a 2009 nissan sentra since 2010. It was a base model. Bought used with 19000 miles. Now has 50,000. I have had no problems. It starts, it runs, keeps me warm in the winter and cool in the summer. It's a small car, the ride is not the best, it's expected. I met another owner who had the exact same car as mine. She had 100,000 miles with no problems. The oil and filter is easily changed from the top side using a 12 volt marine oil pump. One thing I don't like: in cold weather the engine is noisy, like a sewing machine noisy. After it warms up its fine. I have read about this and it's either the cvt or the motor. All I knowis it's annoying. Also the cvt acts a little funky when cold. I have gotten 37mpg on the highway. I wish it had cruise control. I would buy one again although it would be a more deluxe model.

one in a million

by daytona from auburn, Kentucky | February 26, 2013

Great service. Great car. I have purchased four vehicles from Jim Johnson. That is my story and I'm am sticking to it.

nice BUT

by keith from PA | August 24, 2012

Great gas mileage, comfortable ride for price, good pickup and rides nice on back roads and highways. Only real complaint is reliability. AC gave out after 1 year (warranty repair), remote start gave out after 1 year (warranty repair), a couple switches stick (haven't had fixed), and Muffler pipe fell off at 3 years and 48k miles (not warranty repair $1088 to be repaired by dealer, and I even had the $1380 Nissan Gold plan extended warranty). Not sure if I just got a lemon. I really like the car but I was just expecting fewer problems from a new vehicle.

Good reliable car, what more can I want.

by BigKahuna61 from Maryland | April 23, 2012

I own a 1991 Sentra that has over 320,000 miles and it is still running. So when I went looking I figured I couldn't do better then another Sentra. But this time I wanted a stick. So now I have the MPGs, good radio, comfort, so so looks (I think all cars look the same anymore) and more bells and whistles then I will ever need. Now if I can get 300,000 miles I will be very very happy.

Car saved my life

by Deb in Indiana from Indiana | October 12, 2011

I got a great deal on a red Nissan Sentra S two years ago, since I traded in my "clunker." The Sentra gave me two years of good service, commuting 160 miles a day on Indiana highways. Indiana highways are pretty good -- easy driving. My own route was a pleasant drive through cornfields and woods. A few nights ago, while I was traveling at highway speed, a suicidal deer jumped right in front of my car. I slammed on the brakes, and hit it dead on straight. I have a snapshot memory of seeing the deer in my path, and the next thing is me pulling off to the side of the highway, wondering why there was a pillowcase in front of me. In spite of the fact that my pretty red car and the deer were both totaled, I escaped without a scratch. My angels were anti-lock brakes, airbags, and good engineering. If the Nissan guys want someone to stand up for the safety of the Sentra, they should give me a call.

Great truck

by Alex from Miami, Fl | August 27, 2011

great truck reliable and must of all never break down, bought it used with 32 k now 125,000 runing better than eever, I hope to keep her for as long as I live.

Small is good.

by TomR from Gainesville, FL | February 16, 2011

For a small economical car, this Sentra impressed me. It rides smooth and is light enough where it is fun around corners. I like the continuously variable transmission. No anoying upshifting and downshifting. Makes using cruise control a pleasure. The car is not fast, but economical around town. I could not exceed 30 mpg on the highway. I expected better mileage than that. Interior materials are a good quality. Not what you expect in an econo car. No mechanical problems after 20,000 miles.

sentra

by jsbfmiller from moore , okla | June 24, 2010

The car overall is good. Except for the breaks started squealing in the front and back at about 15000 miles. And the tire pressure light keeps messing up. Other then that its been very reliable. The inside could look alittle better. The radio display looks cheap. And I wish the cup holder pulled out, if you spill something in it. You have to put a rag down in it. And hope it soaks it all up.