2011 Nissan Sentra

Available in 6 styles:  2011 Nissan Sentra 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

2nd as good as the first

by 2nd time, as good as the first from Middletown, DE | August 26, 2014

This is my 2nd Nissan Sentra, and its as reliable as the first. Great car and reasonable maintenance cost. A lot of technology for a small vehicle. Recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Not the best but certainly could be better!

by Another Daily Driver from Gatineau, QC | April 17, 2014

Purchased a 2011 Sentra last Autumn, with barely 3000 miles on it. Now that Spring has arrived, I must agree with the other reviewer that this car is NOT meant for Winter driving. The CVT stays in ''first/low'' gear until it completely warms up, I'm talking 10-15 mins of painfully slow acceleration/engine droning. Once warmed up, the engine is peppy, take off slowly to avoid spinning the wheels. I recommend studdable Winter tires. The suspension is not that good; harsh ride on the slightest bumpy roads. Car has a tendency to fish-tail under harder braking. Heating below 0 is non-existent. Fuel economy rated at 34 mpg highway, I can barely get 28 mpg at 55-60mph using eco-driving techniques* and keeping the car in top condition/original summer tires. For a 4-banger, I'm very disappointed. I can do better with a 4 speed V6. Rust has formed on the trunk lid, Nissan has issued a recall for it. The Sentra has plenty of space, a big trunk, and is easily maneuverable around town, but I would suggest looking elsewhere for a ''new'' used car.

Worst car ever

by itsCOLDhere from Winnipeg Manitoba CAnada | January 21, 2014

My 2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0S is without a shadow of a doubt the worst car I have ever owned! The car seemed nice when we test drove it in the spring and we enjoyed it the first summer we had it. This car however is not intended for anywhere you have winter. The heat is mediocre at best and takes too long to warm up. Our other car in the family, a 2009 Pontiac Vibe (A.K.A. Toyota Matrix) will get up to full operating temperature in less than half the time. The defrost is in effective. it will only marginally clear the passenger side of the windshield. The driver side will stay completely frosted up untill the sun comes up or spring time. The dealer says the heater is working normally. When cold the CVT transmission will not "upshift". To get the car to go 40 km/h when cold takes about 2500 RPMs. Get it out on the highway and 80 takes about 3000RPMs and 100......well forget it till the transmission is fully warmed up. The Intelli-Key (the keyless key) system has failed leaving the car unable to recognize that the key is present. The trunk lid has rusted and Nissan has sent out a recall on this, but their "fix" has left it rusting again. Now with 100,000 highway KMs the engine is being replaced due to piston slap. Worst car ever!! DO NOT BUY A NISSAN AT ANY PRICE. EVER.

Too Many Problems to be Reliable

by Tired of the Problems from Wilmington, DE | August 19, 2013

I leased a brand new 2011 Nissan Sentra in December of 2010 and 2 months into having it, I had to take it in because my car would not start. They replaced the battery and tested a few other things (which one included putting a piece of my car in the freezer) but they couldn't find the problem. The dealership had my car for 2 weeks and then stated they replaced the entire computer system in my car. At 20,000 miles I had to replace the brakes and now at 22,000 miles I apparently have to replace the muffler. The pipes leading to the exhaust and the bracket that connects the pipes to the exhaust were all completely rusted. I don't drive my car very far or anywhere crazy. My commute to work is 7 miles each way. In the 2 and half years I've had this car, I only put 22,000 miles on it. It's not worth having to put up with the shotty workmanship for this car.

Very Pleased

by Needed a "new" car from Minneapolis, MN | June 20, 2013

Overall, we are very pleased with our 2011 Nissan Sentra. The exterior styling is great. Our only complaint is there are not foldable side mirrors (we incorrectly assumed all cars would have this in today's day and age). The interior is set up nicely and is aesthetically pleasing. Our only complaint there is it has no cup holders in the back. We were going to buy a Toyota Corolla but felt this drove better and had more features/offering for the price.

The worst new car I have ever purchased.

by Abridges from Dallas,tx | September 22, 2012

I purchased my 2011 sentra and have had nothing but problems since I purchased the car. I have had numerous problems such as airbag warning lights and rattles in the interior. Those are just minor things that i can deal with. My cvt transmission failed at 23,000 miles and now at 40,000 miles my engine is being replaced do to piston slap. I have had all maintenence (oil changes Etc) done at my local nissan dealership so i know its not my fault. I would not recommend this car to anyone.

Great buy

by Satisfied customer from Columbus, GA | April 12, 2012

Just bought my first ever Nissan Sentra 2011. Drove other cars from other makers but none of them could compare to the Sentra. Performs very well with great gas mileage. Very comfortable and stylish. I am looking forward to all the joy this car is going to bring me. If you are looking for a reliable stylish car to run around town then this is the one.

Decent car from a Honda Civic owner

by Dave T from Rochester NY | February 5, 2012

I had a 2011 Sentra for 1 week as a rental car, Since I own a 2008 Civic and previously owned a Toyota Corolla, I was interested to see how the Sentra compared. I prefer the exterior and interior styling on the Civic, it looks sportier. The Sentra has a very pleasant ride for a small car, also good acceleration and a very quiet ride. I really liked the very smooth automatic transmission. I didn't think the seats were as comfortable as my Civic. I also prefer the handling on the Civic and would rate it higher in the "Fun To Drive" category than the Sentra. The instrument panel on the Sentra is designed well and the controls were arraigned nicely. Overall fit and finish was very good. I can't speak on reliability, but the Sentra seems to have a good reputation in this area.

Under-rated the way i like em!

by Roddders from New Jersey | November 8, 2011

of course i'm speaking of the SE-R only... The rest r only ok. Great speed & gas mileage at the same time. Vehicle reacts when u press the gas and when u hit the turns on the cloverleaf. I used to be an SUV guy til i realized i was carrying junk around just cause i had the space. No more... Including freeloading friends. Get out and walk buddy, ha! Wish it was a coupe, but hey, can't have everything. The backup camera is great along with the Nav & touch screen mp3 action, hellz yea! I don't like the fact that the audio controls aren't on the steering wheel. Spoiled, yes, I am :) I don't like that I can't put 18's on it either... Other than the scratch i put on the bumper the first week i had the car from carrying a file cabinet, it's a great piece of work Nissan...

very reliable car

by hro789 from kent,oh | November 5, 2011

I got a 2011 sentra in a manual it is very fast and reliable With none of the extra features that are useless or annoying on most newer cars. Overall a very simple and reliable car.