2012 Nissan Sentra

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Worst thing to drive

by Tony from Indianpolis IN | July 4, 2014

I traded in my nissan Cube for this for more room. Was that a mistake this car had nothing but issues. The motor always seemed off wouldn't take off at a light properly, the brakes shook the whole car since we bought it, and the MPG is about a joke i got about 14 city maybe 20 highway and that was driving conservative.

Bought in British Columbia and drove it to Ontario

by Norm from Eastern Ontario | May 15, 2014

We had a 2002 Sentra and liked it, and after 380,000 km on it gave it to our daughter to get back and forth to work (short drive). And bought a 2012 Nissan Sentra in British Columbia to drive home to Ontario. I like the car's handling and quiet smooth ride. I found acceleration to be great either starting from a stoplight, or passing another car going uphill on a steep climb through the Rocky Mountains. Cruise is great with the Continuously Variable Transmission as the engine slowly increases revolutions, and no 'bump' between gears, or engine revving as the transmission drops down a gear. Some people think the Mazda 6, or Honda Civic, or Hyundai Elantra have better styling, but I dislike the high doors and low roof look of the two latter. I like the Mazda styling, but like the Sentra's styling just as much. My wife is shorter than average, and she loves the visibility she gets with the Sentra's large windows, and adjustable seats. On a 4400 km journey across Canada, neither of us complained about the seat comfort. I found the car very comfortable to drive, and getting my seat in the right position is easy. Road noise is quiet; the 'automatic adjustment on the radio for road speed/noise' is really nice to have. After looking at Civics, Mazda 6, Toyota Corolla's, Hyundai Elantra's and other cars, I would buy a Nissan Sentra again for its combination of driving, style, space, power, CVT, accessories, fuel efficiency, and price. The only thing I'd complain about is the fuel efficiency. It's good, but not as good as I'd like.

If your not out for Bling, here's your thing! 42k

by T. Miller from Central, Montana | January 27, 2014

I was in the market for a car. I'm an executive, so I needed something with reasonable fuel mileage, I travel long distances so a quite cab and a decent comfort level was a must. I have 3 teenaged Boys, room was a serious thing as well. Something without a timing belt and a timing chain instead was on my list of wants. Other requests were compact"ish" , auxillary outs and to be unassuming. This car met all of my needs and more. I test drove an aveo, versa note and an accord. Some were way out of my budget and others felt like if I were hit I would be crushed.I feel safe in my Sentra. You should know now, It's not a balls to the wall sports car nor is it a luxury sedan. It is the business class car and it's meant to hang around for awhile. I took it on a snowy mountain road and had almost 0 problems taking curves and handling it on slick roads, I think the problem I did have (I slid just a titch , at a stop sign) will be rectified with winter tires. My car has power windows, locks and an iphone jack. Rear seats lay flat for hauling and comfy design makes this car the right fit for me. Oh and the music will turn up or down according to road noise, though with such a quite cab, it's no biggy!

Better and cheaper than traditional brands

by An executive car from Sao Paulo, Brasil | September 13, 2013

As a businessman we need to look well to get some business done. And this car is perfect for this role. I can go to a social and ocasional meeting and do not feel bad with all the other businessman. So, is a car you will feel well even with people with expensive cars. Better yet, it costs much less. The car is very good with low level of noise. In fact you can not hear the engine noise even in closed spaces. The car is fast, reliable and can have five people in the seats confortably. After driving it for almost a year, the only thing I would like was to buy the new model, but with only 5.800 km ride, I have a car for many years. My advice? If you need a good car to feel like an executive, with a low price, good crash test rating score, the Nissan Sentra is a good option. I bought the black model, because it looks better where I go, for a business meeting or a restaurant at night.

sentra

by gordy from eden.ny | May 12, 2013

what a nice car, we got treated very well by salesman David .we will be back. it was worth the 100 mile ride

Great car for the money

by Nissan Fan from Phila., PA | January 29, 2013

I have a fully laoded Sentra and it feels and drives like a big car. I will get another in 2014 same color.

Love It

by Jess from Walworth, NY | December 3, 2012

I had a Chevy Cobalt the last 5 years and was looking for a more reliable, safe, comfortable car for me and my two year old son. This is perfect!!

Solid car for the price

by My car is my Hobby from Alabama | November 13, 2012

I traded in my 2010 Cobalt Coupe for a 2012 Nissan Sentra. This is my second Sentra (2006) and huge upgrade from that model. I use this car for commuting purposes and compared to the Cobalt, it's a no brainer. Excellent braking, decent acceleration, great passing acceleration, and roomy. This car doesn't have a lot of bling and the radio is a touch rudimentary. But with a few touches here and there I have made it a sweet looking ride. Very smooth ride and quiet. Sometimes I feel like I am in a sporty sized Cadillac.

mighty mike

by nisson car from Minneapolis, minnesota | November 11, 2012

good, like it, nice, wonderful, would continue to buy more of these cars, love the car and thinking of going steady or maybe spending my life with this car.

Adorable Affordable awesome

by triple A from Long Island, NY | April 26, 2012

This is my second Nissan. My first Sentra. I am very satisfied so far. This car is fun to drive and great on gas.