2013 Nissan Sentra

Available in 6 styles:  2013 Nissan Sentra 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

First Nissan

by Matt123 from Syracuse, NY | July 22, 2016

The reason for getting my Sentra was because I wanted a car that had a lower payment than the one I had and a car that had good gas mileage. So going into it I wasn't expecting a lot. The Sentra I ended up getting was a Black SV model. For a mid range trim it had a decent amount of standard features (my model had no extra options). For a car of this price I was surprised at the quality of the interior, it had a nice design and good materials. Much better than my 08' Dodge Journey. Comfort was also good, the seats were comfortable and had a good amount of space up front. But the backseat and the trunk were ginormous for a car in this class. After having it through just one winter I did notice very tiny rust spots on the paint/hood. It wasn't noticeable so I didn't pay much attention to to. But after a year of ownership I was driving to the store one day, drove over some railroad tracks, and all of a sudden the engine stopped. I wasn't sure if it was the engine or transmission but it was a bit jarring. It happened a few more times but was seldom. It was in the shop a couple times due to the center council being very squeaky and something underneath the car was making a terrible noise whenever it started. But overall it was a decent little car and was good enough for me to go with another Nissan after my lease was up.

Nissan sentra problems

by Frustrated from Albuquerque NM | June 28, 2016

Beware!!! This car has been through two transmission and a new shift column at only 39000 miles. Nissan does not help at all regarding buy backs! Will never trust a Nissan vehicle again.

Good Car

by CR buster from San Francisco, CA | October 21, 2015

I bought a 2013 Sentra SL in early 2013 and my lease is about done so I'm trading it in. I had only one problem with the car and that was that the leather started coming off the center compartment lid. I took it in and got it fixed under warranty. Other than that, no issues. It gets great overall mileage usually 35-37 overall. I had a Jetta before that for three years and it got about 26-28 doing the same commute. Its not overly noisy and has ample power. For what you get with the SL, leather, NAV, backup camera, heated seats, etc. I don't think you can't beat the price.

My sentra through 23k miles

by V10 from Chicago, il. | October 2, 2015

Where to start? Through 23k miles of ownership since brand new, my 2014 nissan sentra FE+SV has experienced the CD player not working (spitting my cd's out) wile even the digital display turning on and off on its own. The car has went in for a rust issue in the rear of the trunk, and I wash my car weekly. REALLY? RUST? When going over bumps my hood bounces up and down making a very loud noise that is very irritating. My fan made a very loud rattling noise especially when turned to the max position for about 1 week and then stopped, weird! It sounds like my muffler or muffler pipe has a crack in it because when I accelerate it sounds pretty abnormal for a 1 year old car. Today my door would not close, the latch got stuck in the close/lock position while the for was open preventing me from being able to close the door. The CVT transmission is wearing me out, I hate it and just can't get used to it. This car is slow to accelerate because of the CVT. Telescoping steering wheel does not adjust far out enough. Center console is very small and to far back. Seats are good, but not the greatest on long drives. Gas mileage? Awesome! 24 city 37 hwy. The car looks good too. Last nissan for me. Back to Toyotas.

Love it

by lon from Annapolis, MD | October 1, 2015

A very nice car for the mula. Nice style great gas mileage and comfort. Goes pretty good for a 4 banger and for a good size car as well.

Hated the car!

by Chrissy from Binghamton NY | September 12, 2015

Owned a 2013 Nissan Sentra Sr and traded it in for a 2014 Mazda 3. The car was slow didn't really like anything about the car. Would never buy Nissan again go with Mazda.

Transmission Nightmare

by benardbkb from San Bernardino, California | August 27, 2015

On February 26, 2013 I thought I was purchasing my dream commute car. It was a fully loaded Nissan Sentra SL, which was supposed to give me the best feature of all, 40mpg. I was pleased with my purchase until after having the car for approximately 2 years my transmission started slipping. I’m so devastated; I never knew this could be a problem especially in a brand new vehicle. Currently I’m caught in a predicament. I still owe on my Sentra, and the manufacture warranty is expired due the mileage on my car. I got the transmission serviced already, so for this to be happening is extremely shocking. Not to mention Nissan is known for having problem with their transmission. I was hoping that things changed conserving their new CVT trany. Either way, I’m going to end up replacing the transmission on my Sentra, because I don’t want to be upside down on my car loan if I trade it in. The out of pocket cost will change the way I look at Nissan forever. I will never purchase another car from Nissan, nor will I recommend anyone else to do so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AC Issues

by Unhappy from Florida | September 17, 2014

They thought is was a leak in the AC, NO.. they changed out compressor.. NO now 1 week in shop still cannot find why air is still blowing HOT!!!

2013 Sentra battery fails

by Robert from Gainesville, VA | August 27, 2014

So, dealer installed 4th battery and car is only 16 months old. They guessed I needed a new alternator and replaced it. But, one day as I was lifting myself out of the car with my hand on the steering wheel, I noticed that the steering wheel didn't move. First time since I bought it. Called dealer to ask if power steering is now electric rather than hydraulic as in the old days. They said yes. So, the power steering remains on and drains power even when key is out of the ignition. They replaced the steering column, and problem is still there.

Transmission Issues

by Amanda from Vermont | July 3, 2014

Bought this car new and within 3 months of purchase date the transmission started slipping. Now 7 months after the issue came about, the transmission has begun jumping, as if the automatic car is trying to stall out in traffic when I break. Can't ever expectorate without being the loudest car in traffic and gears jumping to get moving... Although this car is cute on the exterior... and relatively comfortable it's built poorly and functions awfully. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone.