2013 Nissan Sentra

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Transmission is junk

by Tonyvale from Yuma, AZ | February 22, 2014

After just one week (brand new car) we notice the tranny was slipping. It was replaced after 5,000 miles but the new one is noisy and has difficulties in low gears (A/T). It is also very noisy and can not gain speed going high hill. NISSAN keeps giving us the run-around. We will NEVER buy Nissan again.

Dealer can't diagnose repeated battery failure

by Robert from Gainesville, VA | February 22, 2014

As noted in another review, my battery goes dead if the car sits in the garage for a few days. After the first 2 visits to the dealer, they said that their diagnostics determined that the battery was bad, and they gave me a new battery. About 3 months later, I returned from a 4 day business trip to find the battery dead. The dealer checked the car and found nothing wrong. Suspecting that the trunk light might have been on (which the service rep said would drain the battery), I removed it. About a week later the battery was dead again.

Worst sentra I've ever owned

by melissa c from Oak ridge tn | February 19, 2014

I bought this car brand new with 7 miles on it. It was great for the first week until things started breaking. The gas tank would not let me fill the car up completely even though my gauge and gas light said it was empty. I only got 250 miles per tank on a car that is supposed to get up to 400 highway driving, and I drive highway. Nissan has no clue how to fix that problem they just keep throwing parts at it. My car has been in the shop 5 times since I have owned it from November of 2013. The next thing that broke was the passenger side detection sensors. They do not work so the passenger side seatbelt light stays on even when someone is in the seat and is buckled up. Today after having the evap canister replaced to try to fix the gas problem my Bluetooth crapped out while I was talking to my husband. My phone was on and the Bluetooth was registering on my car display but there was no sound coming from the speakers. I have had two sentras in the past a 97 and a 2007 and I loved both of them but after this car I will never own another one. This is the biggest piece of junk and Nissan will do nothing about it.

great car

by nissan man from | February 15, 2014

great car great in crashes EXCELLENT MPG. WOULD DEFINITELY WOULD RECOMMEND LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS VEHICLE

Battery Problems

by ntrain32 from Westfield, NJ | February 14, 2014

I like the car a lot, but have had to have 2 batteries installed by Nissan since I bought the car 11 months ago. Mileage is great and car looks great. Two different dealerships have not been able to diagnose what is causing the batteries to drain so thoroughly and completely.

General Car.

by Car Freak from Fullerton, Ca | February 1, 2014

-Great Car in General. -Good Gas Mileage. -Good Space. -Great Sound System -Horrible Performance. -Striking design -Harsh Ride.

Solid vehicle

by Sentra driver from Richmond, VA | January 31, 2014

I bought a 2013 Sentra with the sports package and few extra features. The speakers are quite good and I've had no trouble using my phone for music/calls. The car is extremely functional - good trunk space, seats fold down easily. The backseat is unusually spacious for taller passengers. Driving in ECO mode, I can get just over 40 mpg on the highway driving very conservatively. It usually run 37-38 for my normal driving style. You have to turn on ECO mode every time you start the car, which is annoying at first, but you'll quickly develop the habit and do it automatically (if you care to drive in ECO, that is). My biggest complaint so far is the comfort of the front seats. I can't decide what the problem is, but I find them quite uncomfortable. I can't seem to adjust my way out of the issue either...I think they're just poorly designed seats. It's interesting that Nissan is putting luxury seats in the Altima now but paid no attention to which seats went in the redesigned Sentra. Overall, the car is great and feels well built. There are some limitations (like the limited amount of internal compartments), but the smooth ride, utility, and gas mileage far outweigh the negatives.

love this car

by andrew b from toronto canada | January 19, 2014

i have had the sentra sr for 9 mths, fully loaded love the car, fuel economy is is great im getting 48 mpg hwy in normal mode and driving at 120kph constant, handling is great ,I read all the reviews saying under powerd no way, this thing flys I had it doing 180kph 1 night at 4000rpm no problems and very quit also at that speed my old civic would be rattling ha ha. comfort is amazing 6 hr trip last week was a breeze, I went 570 km before the fuel light came on. all I can say is don't listen to a lot of negative reviews this is a great car, the bose audio system will blow you away, I have to say the look of the car is stunning and the sr is a eye catcher I got the super black, this is a better rideing car than the elantra civic and corolla I know cause I tested all of them before I got the sentra, the sentra was the better car. enjoy this 1

Sharp Looking, Minor Quirks

by Commish from Hooksett, NH | January 15, 2014

My wife and I bought a sharp looking red SL version, fully loaded with sunroof, Nav, rear camera etc. We've had no issues mechanically. The car drives and rides great. One design issue we noticed the first time we had snow is that you can't lift the wipers up with the hood closed to clean or scrape under them. If you try it scratches the edge of the hood. This would be okay if the wipers were completely hidden, but they are not. It's a real pain in the Northeast. The only quality issue we've had so far is the trim in the drain channel on the hood is coming up. It's only stuck down by strips of double sided tape. When the temperature dropped below zero it failed. The dealer we took it to wasn't very helpful and said they couldn't fix it because it was wet from the snow and rain.

First new car in 20 years

by Broke Mom of 4 from Moreno Valley, CA | January 14, 2014

Size is great. Fits mom & four kids fine for driving to school, practice, events, etc. Great gas mileage. Easy trunk opening. Easy to lock kids from windows/doors. Easy radio functions. Love the fast heat and air!!!! Espescially in the AM.