2013 Nissan Sentra

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Transmission Issues

by Amanda from Vermont | July 3, 2014

Bought this car new and within 3 months of purchase date the transmission started slipping. Now 7 months after the issue came about, the transmission has begun jumping, as if the automatic car is trying to stall out in traffic when I break. Can't ever expectorate without being the loudest car in traffic and gears jumping to get moving... Although this car is cute on the exterior... and relatively comfortable it's built poorly and functions awfully. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone.

Great buy with a 2013 Sentra

by Happy in St Louis from St. Louis, MO | May 30, 2014

Great car for the money. Good acceleration and responsiveness while getting great mileage. Happy with purchase.

I Like it

by fan from | May 17, 2014

I just bought my 2013 Sentra SR a couple months ago its probably just because im 18 and I might not know a lot about cars but I actually like this car. It is comfortable and I like the exterior as well as the interior design. It does lag performance scince I had a 99 323i Bmw ( which was pretty fast). Its not fast as I thought it would be but other than that's its a pretty nice car.

Transmission is junk

by Tonyvale from Yuma, AZ | February 22, 2014

After just one week (brand new car) we notice the tranny was slipping. It was replaced after 5,000 miles but the new one is noisy and has difficulties in low gears (A/T). It is also very noisy and can not gain speed going high hill. NISSAN keeps giving us the run-around. We will NEVER buy Nissan again.

Dealer can't diagnose repeated battery failure

by Robert from Gainesville, VA | February 22, 2014

As noted in another review, my battery goes dead if the car sits in the garage for a few days. After the first 2 visits to the dealer, they said that their diagnostics determined that the battery was bad, and they gave me a new battery. About 3 months later, I returned from a 4 day business trip to find the battery dead. The dealer checked the car and found nothing wrong. Suspecting that the trunk light might have been on (which the service rep said would drain the battery), I removed it. About a week later the battery was dead again.

Worst sentra I've ever owned

by melissa c from Oak ridge tn | February 19, 2014

I bought this car brand new with 7 miles on it. It was great for the first week until things started breaking. The gas tank would not let me fill the car up completely even though my gauge and gas light said it was empty. I only got 250 miles per tank on a car that is supposed to get up to 400 highway driving, and I drive highway. Nissan has no clue how to fix that problem they just keep throwing parts at it. My car has been in the shop 5 times since I have owned it from November of 2013. The next thing that broke was the passenger side detection sensors. They do not work so the passenger side seatbelt light stays on even when someone is in the seat and is buckled up. Today after having the evap canister replaced to try to fix the gas problem my Bluetooth crapped out while I was talking to my husband. My phone was on and the Bluetooth was registering on my car display but there was no sound coming from the speakers. I have had two sentras in the past a 97 and a 2007 and I loved both of them but after this car I will never own another one. This is the biggest piece of junk and Nissan will do nothing about it.

great car

by nissan man from | February 15, 2014

great car great in crashes EXCELLENT MPG. WOULD DEFINITELY WOULD RECOMMEND LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS VEHICLE

Battery Problems

by ntrain32 from Westfield, NJ | February 14, 2014

I like the car a lot, but have had to have 2 batteries installed by Nissan since I bought the car 11 months ago. Mileage is great and car looks great. Two different dealerships have not been able to diagnose what is causing the batteries to drain so thoroughly and completely.

General Car.

by Car Freak from Fullerton, Ca | February 1, 2014

-Great Car in General. -Good Gas Mileage. -Good Space. -Great Sound System -Horrible Performance. -Striking design -Harsh Ride.

Solid vehicle

by Sentra driver from Richmond, VA | January 31, 2014

I bought a 2013 Sentra with the sports package and few extra features. The speakers are quite good and I've had no trouble using my phone for music/calls. The car is extremely functional - good trunk space, seats fold down easily. The backseat is unusually spacious for taller passengers. Driving in ECO mode, I can get just over 40 mpg on the highway driving very conservatively. It usually run 37-38 for my normal driving style. You have to turn on ECO mode every time you start the car, which is annoying at first, but you'll quickly develop the habit and do it automatically (if you care to drive in ECO, that is). My biggest complaint so far is the comfort of the front seats. I can't decide what the problem is, but I find them quite uncomfortable. I can't seem to adjust my way out of the issue either...I think they're just poorly designed seats. It's interesting that Nissan is putting luxury seats in the Altima now but paid no attention to which seats went in the redesigned Sentra. Overall, the car is great and feels well built. There are some limitations (like the limited amount of internal compartments), but the smooth ride, utility, and gas mileage far outweigh the negatives.