2006 Nissan Titan

14 city / 18–19 hwy

Overall

Great Truck user

by truck user from White Settlement , Tex | September 16, 2013

I am a Nissan 2006 Titan owner , but since May of this year 2013 I have a truck that I am not using , because the transmission was damaged due to the radiator system , because I am in bankrutcy I cant finiance 3500 dollars per the transmission shop , I am going to retire this year and will be on a fixed income , and I cant use my truck until I can save enough funds

completely satisfied

by 1st time pick up truck owner from St. Louis, MO | December 22, 2011

Average about 15 mpg but still satisfied. Plenty of interior room (I'm 6'7" so that's important) plenty of power.

My Titan/cadillac of trucks

by Bill from Collingwood, Ontario, Canada | September 13, 2011

This truck has two speeds, fast and ridiculous. It tows two bush-cords of fire-wood and a box-full, with a drop of only 2 litres/100 kilometres, and will accelerate up-hill. I have 212,000 klicks on it, and it runs like new. At the moment i have a loose muffler clamp. I have run it on Amsoil synthetic oil after the first 5,000 km, and have it serviced at the dealership on "major" maintenance times as per the manual. Things I don't like: (1) wiper-stalk is easily knocked when inserting the key; (2) stuff on the passenger-seat slides into the door-well, because the seat-cushion lacks lateral support/bump; (3)the designers must have thought it to be a Honda element, with flat floor that you can hose out the sand & mud, with no door-sill. Can't count the number of times I opened the passenger -door to have stuff flutter onto the street!; Apart from these quibbles, this truck drives like my old RX7s: fast, sporty, unique exterior styling, and comfortable. AND, it's got six air-bags. It's a mystery to me why this truck is not more popular.

Best Truck ever.

by The guy who loves anything with wheels from Salem, OR | March 4, 2011

The over all look of the Titan is amazing. It is sleek and easy to identify with its mold breaking front. The Inside is very comfortable (especially with the fron bucket seat design) One of the more offten compaints is the engine noise, but I think its rather nice to hear a reminder that you are driving a more powerfull truckIf you get the upgraded Rockford Fosgate system you wont have to worry about engine noise because you will be more focused on the amazing clarity and sound of the system. I will admit that the back seat it a tid bit cramped in the King Cab. But I dont really use the back seat much and think that the body looks great as a king cab. Performance with this truck is great. Great bottom clearence, Great power, Great towing, and most of all great steering. Its just a fun truck to drive. My only "complaint" isnt something I was to conerned about because I knew what I was geting into. But the Gas Milage is not the best. Averaging at about 14 miles to the gallon. But thats part of the v8. I would definatly recomend this truck to my friends (and I do) and it was recomended to me. Nissan knows what they are doing.

Many small issues in 65k

by StoneCoast from Mid-Coast Maine | November 15, 2010

I bought a 2006 SE CC with 15k in May 08. I traded it in on a new Titan in July 2010 with 65k. In that 50k and two years, I had to turn the front rotors and replace the pads at 35k*, replace all four tires at 30k*, the driver's seat foam was failing, the ball joints had failed, the passenger's side window stopped going back up, the exhaust tail pipe came off after a clamp rusted through, the rear axle seals failed once and required a new axle and were leaking again, the rear shocks were leaking and I had a couple factory transmission hoses leaking. *these were due for replacement again at 65k, and I was pretty dang gentle on the truck. I did like the truck for it's power, it's room, it's comfort (till the sharp metal of the seat frame started poking through the bolster), it's design and it's convenience. I didn't like the continuous brake jutter and the dealership's lack of concern for it. I didn't like having to get nickeled and dimed every time I brought it in for service. It was a very fuel-thirsty truck, I averaged 15.5 in the summer with Maine's fuel mix and that dropped to 13.5 when they changed to winter (ethanol content?) I bumper towed an 18' equipment trailer loaded with a broken 97 TJ (~7k total) quite a bit and I also towed a dump trailer with cord wood (~5k total) a few times a winter. I added a cheap-o brake controller (very easy to do with tow package) and was pretty happy with the trucks performance. The trucks are remarkably free of many "nanny" systems like audible seat belt alarms, auto door locks/unlocks and the like, but there is still a wide-open throttle restriction and a brake over-ride system that keeps you from using the full power of the drivetrain on your own terms. Keeps your teens from frying your tires but also does it to you on those rare occasions when you forget the tires are over 200 bucks apiece. I decided to get a new 2010 knowing they had upgraded the brake systems and after negotiating a good trade on the 06. The new one has 7k now and I'll write it up after 15k.

Good truck/Poor seats

by NC Titan Owner from | March 24, 2010

My 2006 Titan has been mechanically great and I have over 179,000 miles due to traveling for work. The only real complaint that I have is that I am on my second drivers front seat. The seat back has 2 metal bars running down the seat that are covered with foam. The metal bars eventually cut through the foam and then cut through the cloth. I use a seat cushion to keep them from cutting my back. Very poor designed seat.

powerful truck

by jd from austin,texas | March 14, 2010

test drove it didnt go anywhere else i have driven it 30k no problems at all.great for towing.most reliable truck i have ever bought.

Love this truck

by Doler from Orange County, CA | March 2, 2010

I love the versatility of this Truck. Its roomy and comfortable like a SUV but when I need the utility of a truck, it's there.

Excellent truck

by Truck lover from Las Vegas,NV | November 24, 2009

Both big enough inside and out to do anything you need. Comfortable with great power and handling. Would buy again and recommend to anyone interested to hear it.

Great Truck

by Drew from Kingsland, GA | January 25, 2009

40,000 Miles no problem one bit. The front brake rotors is my only complaint. Pulls the race car to the track with no trouble. Would buy again.

Uses car for Towing