Nissan did nearly everything right with the Titan, but a fickle consumer base never reached out to Japan's first aggressive attempt at the full-size truck market. This may be the last model year for this version of the Titan; production at its Mississippi plant is expected to end in 2010. Nissan's next full-size pickup may be based on the Dodge Ram 1500 and will likely feature Dodge powertrain components.
The Titan comes in four trim levels: XE, SE, LE and the offroad-ready PRO-4X. The PRO-4X includes an electronic locking rear differential, 18-inch alloy wheels, BFGoodrich Rugged Trail tires, skid plates, Rancho shock absorbers and a 3.357:1 axle ratio.
New for 2010
Little has changed, other than Nissan revising its equipment packages for easier ordering. Highlighting this effort is the new SE Value Truck Package, which combines cloth captain's chairs, a tow hitch, a Bluetooth hands-free phone system, an eight-way power-adjustable driver's seat, fog lights and more at a savings versus purchasing those additions separately.
There are also new additions to the Titan's list of standard safety equipment for 2010.
Nissan offers the Titan in King Cab and Crew Cab versions, each with long- and short-bed cargo boxes, identified as long wheelbase and short wheelbase models. There is no regular cab.
The Titan's styling has always been rather safe, never breaking enough barriers to draw customers away from Detroit competitors. Also, the Titan's front end has the exact same styling cues as the Frontier and Armada.
- Lockable bedside storage behind left rear wheel well
- Available 20-inch alloy wheels
- Available Utili-track adjustable tie-down system
- Available factory spray-on bedliner
A bench seat is standard in XE and SE models, with buckets seats standard on LE and PRO-4X Titans. The center console (on models with bucket seats) can hold beverages and has a 12-volt power outlet and a cargo bin that can be configured to hold hanging files. The PRO-4X gets unique seats, meters and gauges, in addition to a red-stitched, leather-trimmed shift knob and steering wheel. The overall interior layout is functional, and it's been improved over the first version, which seemed to have more minivan cues than rugged truck personality. The luxury LE offers plenty of wood trim, and there's an available 10-speaker, 350-watt Rockford Fosgate audio system.
- Fold-down front passenger seat (with bucket seats)
- Hands-free Bluetooth system
- Available rear-seat DVD entertainment system
- Spacious 126 cubic feet of interior room in Crew Cab
Under the Hood
- 317-horsepower, 5.6-liter V-8 with dual overhead camshafts and four valves per cylinder makes 385 pounds-feet of torque
- Available E85 capability
- Five-speed automatic transmission
- 37-gallon fuel tank on long-wheelbase models
New for 2010, side curtain airbags and an electronic stability system are standard on all models, as is Nissan's Active Brake Limited Slip, which uses the truck's antilock braking system as a virtual limited-slip differential.
- Front-seat active head restraints
- Available rear parking sensors
Of Interest to Truck Owners
- Maximum gross vehicle weight rating: 7,200 pounds (King Cab LWB 4x4), 7,200 (Crew Cab 4x4)
- Maximum payload capacity: 2,062 pounds (Crew Cab SWB 4x2)
- Maximum towing capacity: 9,500 pounds (King Cab SWB 4x2)
- Axle ratio: 2.937:1 (4x2 and 4x4), 3.357:1 (PRO-4X 4x2 and 4x4)
- Transfer case ratio: 2.596:1
- Crawl ratio: 29.18:1 (4x4), 33.35:1 (PRO-4X 4x4)
- Minimum ground clearance: 10.7 inches (PRO-4X)
- Approach angle: 30.5 degrees (King Cab PRO-4X SWB 4x4), 30.7 degrees (Crew Cab P4X SWB 4x4), 30.8 degrees (Crew Cab PRO-4X LWB 4x4)
- Departure angle: 27.7 degrees (King Cab PRO-4X SWB 4x4), 27.8 degrees (Crew Cab P4X SWB 4x4), 27.5 degrees (Crew Cab PRO-4X LWB 4x4)
- Cargo floor length: 79.1 inches (King Cab SWB), 98.8 inches (King Cab LWB), 67.3 inches (Crew Cab SWB), 87.0 inches (Crew Cab LWB)
- Cargo floor width: 63.8 inches
- Cargo floor width at wheel well: 50 inches
- Cargo bed depth: 19.9 inches
- Dana axles front and rear
- Tailgate illumination in cargo area
- Dampened tailgate assist
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2010 Nissan Titan.
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range