The Titan full-size pickup truck comes in four trim levels: S, SV, SL and the off-road-ready PRO-4X, which includes an electronic locking rear differential, 18-inch alloy wheels, BFGoodrich Rugged Trail tires, skid plates, Rancho shock absorbers and a 3.357:1 axle ratio. The Titan has seating for up to six people and competes with the Chevrolet Silverado, Ram 1500 and Ford F-150.
New for 2013
A redesigned tailgate features a rear spoiler and an available backup camera. Inside, all Titans gain a new four-spoke steering wheel and sliding sun-visor extenders.
The PRO-4X model sees more extensive changes with revised exterior graphics, a satin-chrome grille, and dark finishes on the wheels and front skid plate. Inside, there are new white stitching accents and new logos.
Nissan offers the Titan in King Cab and crew-cab versions, each with long- and short-bed cargo boxes, which are identified as long- and short-wheelbase models. There is no regular cab. The Titan's styling has always been rather safe, never breaking enough barriers to draw customers away from Detroit competitors. Also, the Titan's front end has the same design theme as Nissan's Frontier truck and Armada SUV. Exterior features include:
- Lockable bedside storage behind left rear wheel well
- Available 20-inch alloy wheels
- Available Utili-track adjustable tie-down system
- Available factory spray-in bedliner
- Available side step rails
- Available bed-mounted household power outlet
A bench seat is standard in S and SV models, with bucket seats in SL and PRO-4X Titans. The center console (on models with bucket seats) can hold beverages and has a 12-volt power outlet and a cargo bin that can be configured to hold hanging files. The PRO-4X gets unique seats, meters, and gauges, in addition to a leather-trimmed shift knob and steering wheel. The overall interior layout is functional, and it's been improved over the first version, which seemed to have more minivan cues than rugged truck personality. The luxury SL model offers plenty of simulated wood trim, and there's an available Rockford Fosgate stereo. Interior features include:
- Fold-down front passenger seat (with bucket seats)
- Available rear-seat DVD entertainment system
- Available navigation system
- Available stereo with USB connectivity and satellite radio
Under the Hood
Mechanical features include:
- 317-horsepower, 5.6-liter V-8 engine with dual overhead camshafts and four valves per cylinder makes 385 pounds-feet of torque
- Uses regular gas; available E85 ethanol capability
- Five-speed automatic transmission
Side curtain airbags and an electronic stability system are standard, as is Nissan's Active Brake Limited Slip, which uses the truck's antilock braking system as a virtual limited-slip differential. Safety features include:
- Front-seat active head restraints
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Available rear parking sensors
- Available backup camera
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2013 Nissan Titan.
Asking Price Range