We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2014 Nissan Versa Note

2014 Nissan Versa Note
Available in 3 styles:  2014 Nissan Versa Note 4dr Hatchback shown

Overall

First new car, should have did my research

by 1st new car owner from Odenton, MD | June 18, 2015

So this is my first brand new car. And i should have done my research or shopped around. The sporty look of the model I purchased and the supposed 40 MPG HWY was a draw and it doesn't live up to my expectations. The interior is all plastic with a milk bottle like texture. 35mpg is a closer average despite what the meter states (although I am doing around 60 mph on the hwy). It's terribly underpowered compared to cars in it's class. It's saving grace is the super roomy interior. My Great Dane fits and that was the winning argument. It looks good although a bit noisy on the road. The handling could use some stiffining and some power would be nice. beefier brakes as you really have a long stopping distance. But the fact that $18 fills it up for a week makes up for the lack of everything else.

First Time Car Owner

by 0509 from North Delta, BC | April 15, 2015

As the first big purchase of my adulthood, this was the best thing I could have invested in. It's great on gas, lots of storage, rear-view monitor and aux hook ups for my iphone, usb port and cd. A nice part of the seats is that they fold down, I can fit my two bikes in the back, and the strorage in hatch for my chairs, shoes and misc. items; all hidden :) It is nice and big in the back seats, fits 3 comfortably (my saleman was 6 feet and he still had room!) If you are looking for a relaible vehicle, one that has some nice features, this is for sure the car to buy!

excellent car for the money

by average joe from new mexico | April 3, 2015

i bought a 2014 versa note about 5 weeks ago, I love this car,excellent gas milage,love the handlimg too. this is saying a lot from a chevy truck man.

Driver's seat uncomfortable

by Sandy Beach from Honolulu, HI | February 13, 2015

If you have long legs, the knob under the radio juts out into your left leg. And I don't like the rear drum brakes. OK car, but just ok. I should have spent a lttle more and gotten a Mazda 3 hatchback.

2015 versa Note SL

by Davealanbrown from San Francisco Bay Area, CA | January 20, 2015

I bought it after much research and love it. It has a lot of room and it's a sub-compact. It gets better than stated mileage. It's nimble, climbs steep grades with no problem. Its quiet and has a great nav system. And I really like the intelligent entry and start. The hatch opens wide, features a low floor for tall items or a flat load floor with the rear seats folded down. And the rear doors open really wide. Nissan will negotiate the MSRP into a great deal as well. And as a treat, I purchased their 72 month service policy. All I need do is take the car to the dealer for any service and it's covered. I really like this vehicle!

Tiana James Versa Note

by Lucy Lou from Reading, Pa | December 27, 2014

Its an amazing car. It drives nice. its very spacious for such a small car. And amazing gas mileage!

You cannot go wrong with this car

by Frankevich from Essex, N.Y. | November 7, 2014

If you are seeking a good small hatch with incredible gas mileage, which looks good, has tons of room, and is a joy to drive, this car may be the choice for you. I have owned and rented many small cars over 50 years and this one may be the best yet. Get the SV trim by all means, and recommend the 15" (not 16") alloy rims which are worth the extra price for a number of reasons. For a small car, ride is quite good, and it is also quiet for its class. The design is to my liking because of the height which assists egress and ingress and helps the view. Driver's 6 way adjustable seat could use an inch or so more up vertical adjustment even for me at 6'2", so I have to use a seat cushion. The steering wheel (supposedly leather--or faux leather--wrapped was too thin and hard for me so added an aftermarket wheel cover which (with the cushion) improves the driver's comfort. The biggest deal with this car is the gas mileage. Have driven 5100 miles since purchase end of April 2014 and average 40 plus mpg carefully checked pumped to pump (don't use the dash "avg. mpg" for the final tally as it is 2-3 mpg "optimistic"). Driving conditions were very mixed with lots of hills and a few mountains (we live in the Adirondack Park area of NY State) with two aboard about half of the time. Some small city driving but rest is secondary roads between small towns plus some highway driving. Car is whisper quiet at idle and up to 2000 rpm which is most of the driving time. Car will take most hills at 3000 rpm or less with modest engine noise and goes up like a billy goat. Love that CVT! The back up screen display could be brighter for outside in sun. That's about it. Very much recommend this buggy unless you are a speed demon driver. But if you want ease, comfort, frugality, roominess and general practicality (plus a very good highway/trip car for class) take a close look at this one. I think you will be glad you did. P,S, I changed to Mobil 1 0W30 low friction motor oil around 3500 miles, and it improved mileage even more, so recommend doing that.

Great for Commuting and Roadtrips

by T&T from Bennington, VT | October 24, 2014

Had the car almost a year and have over 33K miles on it. Daily 80-mile commute and several 2K-mile round- trip vacations. No problems. Gas mileage averaging 38 mixed city/highway pretty steady. If you're on the highway doing 75-80, mileage drops down to about 36. I figure I've saved about $3200 this year on gas over my Infiniti G35. I don't mind the manual locks and windows, as I've had to replace electronic locks and windows on my other cars, and it wan't cheap (if they ever worked right again). Tons of room in the back - easily carries a couple full size adults in the back seat with lots of legroom and a pile of groceries in the storage area. From a performance perspective, no problems at speeds under 40, but if you're passing at 55+, it does take a while. On grooved highway a fair amount of road noise makes it inside, but it's tolerable. You can park it anywhere. From a value perspective, and as a commuter car, I'm very happy with it. If it lasts as long as the Infiniti (200K-300K miles) it will pay for itself.

2014 Nissa Versa Note

by HartfordJohn from Hartford CT | September 1, 2014

Great gas mileage and surprisingly comfortable interior with ample leg and head room. Ideal commuting car. Pleasure to drive.

Awesome Car

by Single Mom in Alaska from Anchorage, AK | August 27, 2014

I absolutely love this car. I spent 3 months researching for my new car purchase. My Versa Note is very cute, comfortable, reliable, versatile, affordable and gets even better MPG than stated. There is not one thing that I (or my kids) don't love about this car. I would choose this again in a heartbeat!