2014 Nissan Versa Note

Starting MSRP

Overall

Accurate MPG!

by Budget Conscious Mom from Westchester County,NY | August 12, 2014

I owned a Subaru Forester before deciding to trade in for my Nissan Versa Note. My commute was killing me on gas and with only 23 mpg with my Forester it was taking it's toll. I have owned my Versa Note for 2 weeks now and I am averaging 38 mpg !! The car is deceiving from the outside as far as how roomy this car really is. The front is slightly smaller than my Subaru, but, the back is pretty equal in size. The hatchback is adequate as far as small cars go. My boyfriend has a scion and his hatchback is smaller. The bucket seats are comfortable. I don't have any bells or whistles - and this car is serving my needs well. It is stylish as well as very kind on my wallet !!

OK but needs attention

by edzona from Wisconsin | August 8, 2014

Bought the least expensive new car I could find. This one was it, in a manual transmission. 1st: Doesn't handle well as it is long and thin and has too much roll in corners. My Hyundai Accent was much better. 2nd: The manual transmission is notchy and stiff and, when thr RPMs are higher, it has difficulty shifting (physically can't get it in gear) Also 1st gear is way too low and you can't even get across a two lane without a shift to second (not safe) unless you're at 5-6K RPM and it's screaming. (see above shifting at high RPM) 3rd: The windshield washers are fed from the passenger side. So what you ask? Fluid is sent to the passenger glass first, then it is fed to the driver's side (who is more important in seeing where you're going) at a much weaker delivery volume. Again, not safe. The vehicle must be stopped to get any fluid up onto the viewing portion of the glass on either side. AND it's not adjustable. DUH! Can't drive it in winter and clean the windows of salt while driving, or a splash of road grime froma nother vehicle at highway speed and you're peering through a small area at the bottom of the glass. Other than that, it's a great car for the price. Personally, I'm looking to buy another Hyundai Accent, as the dealer can't fix the windshield washer problem.

Former Subaru Owner

by Peppers from Westchester County, NY | August 2, 2014

It was a hard decision for me to trade in my Subaru Forester, however, being on a budget and traveling over 40 miles per day was wearing hard on my wallet with the price of gas. After much research I took a test drive on the Nissan Versa and decided on the Nissan Versa S Plus - you could go even more basic with manual, but, i don't know how to drive stick! This car is just as roomy in the back as my Subaru. The hatchback is adequate and roomy compared with other hatchbacks - you can recline the seats for bigger loads and this is a great feature if you have to transport a bike or a rug - as most moms know this is a very likely possiblity! Right away I felt very comfortable riding my Nissan. It is very stylish and handles well. So far I am getting 35 mpg, but, I've only had it for one week. I feel the savings on gas alone, along with the the basics - which is all I need, makes this a great choice for the budget minded. I didn't need all the bells and whistles, although if your budget allows and you have the option of add ons, as they are available with other models. Overall, I am very happy with my Nissan and would recommend to like minded buyers.

Uses car for Towing

Great Car!

by Anonymous from | July 31, 2014

Bought the base model with a little over 1900 miles on it, been driving it around for a month and half now and have put over 500 miles on it with no problems so far. Acceleration was not that great when i first got it, but is improving! I've been getting an average of 34 mpg so far but it will probably improve when it gets colder since i'm always driving with the AC on. Handling and steering is excellent, and there is plenty of backseat room! The backseat is actually more comfortable then the front seat in my opinion. Seems like a great car that will last me a long time!

Love, Love, Love

by Pat from Dothan, AL | July 18, 2014

I have only had my Versa Note SV for 2 weeks but I just love it. Its comfortable, stylish and affordable. Its a Nissan so I know it will last me a long time. My parents have had their Nissans for over 10 years and still running strong.

Solid Commuter Car

by Efficient Commuter from Temple, TX | July 11, 2014

First, I drove my daughter's Versa and liked the pick-up and maneuverability. So when I needed to find a more fuel-efficient car for my 42 mile commute I immediately went to the 2014 Versa Note which was proclaiming 40mpg highway for a very reasonable price. The hatchback Note is way cuter than the sedan version, and I love the metallic blue. So how is it driving now that I've owned it for 3 weeks? Here's the deal. The first week I drove it like normal and only got 30mpg. What the heck? Then I clued in on the dash display feature that shows real time moment-to-moment miles per gallon and realized that the car drives at it's most efficient at 55-65 mph. This can be problematic when the speed limit is 70, but actually when I get in behind a slow semi and cruise all the way to work I get the 40mpg advertised. So I've changed the way I drive, slower, coasting whenever possible, slow and steady starts, and I'm thrilled with the savings at the gas pump. If I'm careful, this car will pay for itself in gas savings over my old sedan getting 23mpg in no time. Overall, the driver's seat fits me well, the inside cabin is NOT cramped, the back seat is incredibly roomy for adult passengers (sacrificing storage area in the back but there's enough for me), and there's enough zip and pick-up so that I don't worry about being able to get on the freeway. I'm really happy about my purchase, though I could see how this wouldn't be a good fit for everyone. Especially for people who need to drive a little over the speed limit.

sporty clown car

by Enjoys the Nissan from Chicago, Illinois | June 21, 2014

I was excited when my fiance bought a nissan because I also enjoy the Nissan more than other lines of cars. But I was extremely disappointed when I went for a ride. The inside feels.like the passenger and driver are sitting in each others laps. I don't see this as a long trip more than one person in the car at a time. The parts I did like, the turn radios is good and it handles well. I just wish they would of thought out the interior room a little more. It could be considered a smart car, but those I feel have more room inside then the versa note. Chicago, Illinois

Works for me

by Sporty Grandma from Sioux City, IA | June 15, 2014

I feel this car is very sporty looking and everyone in town looks my way when I drive past. I have only had this Note for about a month and am blown away at the mileage I get. I have only drove around in-town so far but am averaging 33 mpg. The interior could use a little tweaky, lighted mirrors in the sun visors and an arm rest on the passenger's side but other then that it is great. My friends all have commented on how roomy it is and can't believe the cargo space when the seats are folded down. My previous vehicle was a mini-van and the Note has almost the same amount of room. I am very happy with my new car and would recommend purchasing it if you are looking for a dependable, sporty, compact.

My little run about

by Grandma on a fixed income from West Michigan | May 15, 2014

A few weeks ago I purchased the Nissan Versa Note. I was looking for a vehicle that would be economical to run, functional for my life style, good for the environment and be my car/truck/camper all rolled into one. The Versa note seemed to match all of the above. It has a tight turning ability for running errands around the city. I can put my bike in the back without taking it apart and pick up an antique here and there. Heading out to the Blue Ridge mountains in a few days for the first road trip. Nissan has pitched this vehicle to the college age individuals but I think it is a great vehicle for the individuals on the other end of the age spectrum like we retired grandmas who don't let the grass grow under our feet. I call this car my little run-about. By the way, I added a spoiler and splash guards along with the divide'n hide floor plus the cargo cover just to jazz it up a little. :)

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

quickest car for the money considering it is a 4 c

by commuter from Hollywood, Florida | May 13, 2014

Everything's great- just don't understend the absence of mirrors on the sun visors-kinda cheapens the whole idea- but still I feel it is the best deal for the money!