2014 Nissan Versa Note

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Love, Love, Love

by Pat from Dothan, AL | July 18, 2014

I have only had my Versa Note SV for 2 weeks but I just love it. Its comfortable, stylish and affordable. Its a Nissan so I know it will last me a long time. My parents have had their Nissans for over 10 years and still running strong.

Solid Commuter Car

by Efficient Commuter from Temple, TX | July 11, 2014

First, I drove my daughter's Versa and liked the pick-up and maneuverability. So when I needed to find a more fuel-efficient car for my 42 mile commute I immediately went to the 2014 Versa Note which was proclaiming 40mpg highway for a very reasonable price. The hatchback Note is way cuter than the sedan version, and I love the metallic blue. So how is it driving now that I've owned it for 3 weeks? Here's the deal. The first week I drove it like normal and only got 30mpg. What the heck? Then I clued in on the dash display feature that shows real time moment-to-moment miles per gallon and realized that the car drives at it's most efficient at 55-65 mph. This can be problematic when the speed limit is 70, but actually when I get in behind a slow semi and cruise all the way to work I get the 40mpg advertised. So I've changed the way I drive, slower, coasting whenever possible, slow and steady starts, and I'm thrilled with the savings at the gas pump. If I'm careful, this car will pay for itself in gas savings over my old sedan getting 23mpg in no time. Overall, the driver's seat fits me well, the inside cabin is NOT cramped, the back seat is incredibly roomy for adult passengers (sacrificing storage area in the back but there's enough for me), and there's enough zip and pick-up so that I don't worry about being able to get on the freeway. I'm really happy about my purchase, though I could see how this wouldn't be a good fit for everyone. Especially for people who need to drive a little over the speed limit.

sporty clown car

by Enjoys the Nissan from Chicago, Illinois | June 21, 2014

I was excited when my fiance bought a nissan because I also enjoy the Nissan more than other lines of cars. But I was extremely disappointed when I went for a ride. The inside feels.like the passenger and driver are sitting in each others laps. I don't see this as a long trip more than one person in the car at a time. The parts I did like, the turn radios is good and it handles well. I just wish they would of thought out the interior room a little more. It could be considered a smart car, but those I feel have more room inside then the versa note. Chicago, Illinois

Works for me

by Sporty Grandma from Sioux City, IA | June 15, 2014

I feel this car is very sporty looking and everyone in town looks my way when I drive past. I have only had this Note for about a month and am blown away at the mileage I get. I have only drove around in-town so far but am averaging 33 mpg. The interior could use a little tweaky, lighted mirrors in the sun visors and an arm rest on the passenger's side but other then that it is great. My friends all have commented on how roomy it is and can't believe the cargo space when the seats are folded down. My previous vehicle was a mini-van and the Note has almost the same amount of room. I am very happy with my new car and would recommend purchasing it if you are looking for a dependable, sporty, compact.

My little run about

by Grandma on a fixed income from West Michigan | May 15, 2014

A few weeks ago I purchased the Nissan Versa Note. I was looking for a vehicle that would be economical to run, functional for my life style, good for the environment and be my car/truck/camper all rolled into one. The Versa note seemed to match all of the above. It has a tight turning ability for running errands around the city. I can put my bike in the back without taking it apart and pick up an antique here and there. Heading out to the Blue Ridge mountains in a few days for the first road trip. Nissan has pitched this vehicle to the college age individuals but I think it is a great vehicle for the individuals on the other end of the age spectrum like we retired grandmas who don't let the grass grow under our feet. I call this car my little run-about. By the way, I added a spoiler and splash guards along with the divide'n hide floor plus the cargo cover just to jazz it up a little. :)

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

quickest car for the money considering it is a 4 c

by commuter from Hollywood, Florida | May 13, 2014

Everything's great- just don't understend the absence of mirrors on the sun visors-kinda cheapens the whole idea- but still I feel it is the best deal for the money!

Exceeds expectations for a non-luxury subcompact.

by Mel D from Los Angeles | May 1, 2014

Owned the car for only the first 1000 miles. When I bought the car, I took well into consideration that I was buying a non-luxury subcompact which meant responsiveness, speed, passenger space, interior design and some styling would have to take a back seat for price. From the outside it looks like a sub compact wagon. Based on the styling looks like it cost more than $17000, I'll tell you that much. Knowing how a CVT engine works and knowing you have a CVT engine and having tried driving earlier CVT engine cars, the responsiveness of the Nissan Versa Note's 1.6 liter/4 Cylinder engine is OK to GOOD. Did 0 to 60 in 18 seconds but I didn't buy it to race around and if it did drive like a race car I'd be afraid I'd ending abusing it and pay more in powertrain maintenance. It is after all a subcompact with 15" tires so I expected rough terrain and wind drag to wobble it around but it faired well thanks in large part due to the stability bars and assisted power steering which adjust the stiffness of moving the steering around in accordance with the speed you're going (steering gets to become nimbler in side streets). Though I don't know why and when anyone would need the around-view monitor (4 cameras to assist one in parking) as goose necking to look around through the windows, rear and side mirrors for me to see around such a small shell to maneuver in was more than enough to see what I need to avoid hitting. The interior IS plastic, no piano blacking anywhere to be found. But they did shave off 300 lbs from the previous model to add to the overall fuel efficiency and glad they didn't decide to take it off from the metal frame protecting the car. The leather steering, 6 way adjustable bucket seats are a great plus. Making it further feel like you're not in a non-luxury subcompact. Could use more storage space though. All in all I think the Nissan Versa Note exceeded expectations for a non-luxury subcompact and I keep saying this because some people might compare it to the compact sedans which is not fair to the market segment it's trying to cater to but if folks don't notice the difference between this car and a compact sedan that they'd complain about it as if they got a compact sedan (complain about speed, trim, etc.) then it did an exceedingly good job.

Great Styling & Value in a "big" little car!

by Sub Compact Enthusiast from Desert Hot Springs, CA | April 5, 2014

My Partner and I purchased our 2014 Nissan Versa Note back in December as a commuter car to drive to work. We are so happy with this American version of the Note. We got a great deal on it as this SV model has many extras that we didn't have to pay through the nose for (Power package, 15" alloy sport wheels, mud guards & rear roof spoiler). It drives and handles well, is fun to drive and as far as the noise from the CVT? Can't even hear it with the stereo on! I am attaing the reported 40mpg on the highway. Driving around town, an approx 33-35mpg! All without paying the ridiculous price of a hybrid. It is a no-brainer, people!

A Lemon Right Off the Bat

by College Student from | April 5, 2014

After owning this brand new car for less than a month, turns out there was a crack in one of the solenoids and it was leaking oil. After 4,000 miles on this car, it is taken in to get an oil change where they found that the seal between the engine and the transmission is leaking (something that is normal in cars that have 100,000+ miles on them). I have only had the car for less than 6 months BRAND NEW and it already has had MAJOR problems. The car also struggles when accelerating, wobbles/shakes easily in the wind, and you can feel every single bump in the road intensely.

Most suprising little car, ahead of the pack

by On a better "Note" from Willow Spring N.C | March 26, 2014

This vehicle has me blown away. The interior roominess is one of the outstanding attributes of this car Besides that and the super gas mileage.Easy handling and the omfortable ride.